Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-989.jpg
image-397.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I am looking for a set of MM cab decals ,I know there is some out there for sale still they are the next Gen ones ,does anyone know if they are any good ,or have any for sale .

#3 10 years ago

Dont know if they are next gen sorry

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Dont know if they are next gen sorry

Thanks for the help bud

#5 10 years ago

BAA has them as well as others. Get the Gen2 decals. They are much better than the other options for material and adhesion quality. Still not up to the print quality of the factory art though.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

BAA has them as well as others. Get the Gen2 decals. They are much better than the other options for material and adhesion quality. Still not up to the print quality of the factory art though.

These decals have always looked like crap regardless of which generation.

Rick said that the MMr decals are improved but will have some copyright changes.

If you can live with that, I would say wait until those come out.

#7 10 years ago

Moved to pinball parts wanted sub forum.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

These decals have always looked like crap regardless of which generation.
Rick said that the MMr decals are improved but will have some copyright changes.
If you can live with that, I would say wait until those come out.

I would but they won't have the William logo on them

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yeah I know, that's the catch.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah I know, that's the catch.

MM refake decals…

#11 10 years ago

I have 2 sets of MM cabinet decals that I may be willing to sell. I had intended to re-decal my game, but I may have reconsidered. They have each been stored flat, but I'd have to go look at them to have any additional details. Let me know if interested and I can dig them out and send you pictures. You can can make me an offer after to you see them.

#12 10 years ago

Well let's see. Over several hundred sets of MM decals sold - we have improved them substantially over what were available from Wayne in Australia, of which are MUCH better than the silkscreened versions some of which are still floating around. Always looking to provide the best possible, but that artwork is very difficult artwork, and those who do not understand the process could not even imagine how difficult to reproduce artwork ... best to see what they can turn out themselves and see how much work is required. Next Gen2 is the latest and greatest for MM.

You can get them at www. planetarypinball.com ...

[email protected]

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have 2 sets of MM cabinet decals that I may be willing to sell. I had intended to re-decal my game, but I may have reconsidered. They have each been stored flat, but I'd have to go look at them to have any additional details. Let me know if interested and I can dig them out and send you pictures. You can can make me an offer after to you see them.

Would you sell just one of the cab sides? I'd like to mount it and use it as wall art. PM me if your interested. Thanks

#14 10 years ago

Is there any place to see close up pictures of the next gen2 art work. I also might be looking for a set, but some decals that I have seen just don't look good compared to the original cab. Are the next gen 2 decals very pixelated?

#15 10 years ago

Next Gen decals are created to look like silkscreened which is a mesh pattern depending on the size of the screens. So that is what was reproduced - not pixelated as the resolution we print is far greater than the resolution that you can see. That was the whole idea of reproducing the artwork to make it as original to silkscreened as possible, etc. Most any of the restorations by the top restorers use our decals - as there quite frankly are no others that even come close, including the silkscreened version out there.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Well let's see. Over several hundred sets of MM decals sold - we have improved them substantially over what were available from Wayne in Australia, of which are MUCH better than the silkscreened versions some of which are still floating around. Always looking to provide the best possible, but that artwork is very difficult artwork, and those who do not understand the process could not even imagine how difficult to reproduce artwork ... best to see what they can turn out themselves and see how much work is required. Next Gen2 is the latest and greatest for MM.
[email protected]

Once MMr is released, will you still carry the originals for the purists who don't own a knockoff?

I'm guessing yes since it will piss off those who want the MMr to look original. They will turn around and pay more money to PPS for the decals without the copyright changes. Same thing with the translite, speaker panel, etc.

Rick, you're a genius!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

[email protected]

Ok so you have them in stock ,do u ship too Canada Ontario?

#18 10 years ago

I'm not sure were going to be rushing to produce more variations of artwork - the translites, cab decals, etc if people want to replace on their MMR will be what we currently offer. There are new decals going on MMR because there is a quantity which is using a different process because it's a bulk purchase for the MMR - which will not have the WMS logo's, etc, same for the translite. So, the default answer is that what available will continue to be available, and no plans to make any more variations of anything - as I'm sure there will be complaints regardless of any variation by anyone using any process ... lol

#19 10 years ago

We ship worldwide on a daily basis.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm not sure were going to be rushing to produce more variations of artwork - the translites, cab decals, etc if people want to replace on their MMR will be what we currently offer. There are new decals going on MMR because there is a quantity which is using a different process because it's a bulk purchase for the MMR - which will not have the WMS logo's, etc, same for the translite. So, the default answer is that what available will continue to be available, and no plans to make any more variations of anything - as I'm sure there will be complaints regardless of any variation by anyone using any process ... lol

Uh-oh! So, what you're saying is that once you sell what you have left in inventory, that's it?

All MM decals from that point on (original or knockoff) will be without the logo?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Ok thanks I tried and I think it said shipping too Canada was no but I will try again .

Thanks

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Ok I tried again and it says pick up only in the shipping area ?i am I doing something wrong ?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would you sell just one of the cab sides? I'd like to mount it and use it as wall art. PM me if your interested. Thanks

There is a seller on ebay that goes by nancys games that sold me one for 39.00. I put it on the wall for art and it looks great.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

There is a seller on ebay that goes by nancys games that sold me one for 39.00. I put it on the wall for art and it looks great.

Yes I seen that

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Hi Rick ,I was trying too buy a CV backbox insert u have but I was told they don't ship them ?i can't find them anywhere else any ideas Rick

Thanks
William

#26 10 years ago

I have Gen2 MM decals from PPS. Very happy with them.

image-989.jpgimage-989.jpg image-397.jpgimage-397.jpg
#27 10 years ago

Me too. The Gen2 ones look great and are easy to apply.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Me too. The Gen2 ones look great and are easy to apply.

Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

I have Gen2 MM decals from PPS. Very happy with them.

image-397.jpg 327 KB

image-989.jpg 317 KB

Looks very nice :-)thanks guys

#29 10 years ago

I have 2 sets of decals. How do I tell if they are Gen2 or not?

#30 10 years ago

Obviously people aren't going to be forced to buy decals without the Williams logo, and he stated that. What more do you need?

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Uh-oh! So, what you're saying is that once you sell what you have left in inventory, that's it?

All MM decals from that point on (original or knockoff) will be without the logo?

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Once MMr is released, will you still carry the originals for the purists who don't own a knockoff?

Quoted from PPS:

So, the default answer is that what available will continue to be available, and no plans to make any more variations of anything

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It should have a sticker says PPS next Gen 2 ?

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Obviously people aren't going to be forced to buy decals without the Williams logo, and he stated that. What more do you need?

Clarification. His answer is ambiguous, as usual.

Once you make a wrong assumption wih Rick his answer is always, 'Where did you get that idea?'

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Thanks for the pointer, went there and bought one. $45 with free shipping and it has the Williams name on it.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Did you look on your decals for the sticker

#35 10 years ago

Let me clarify for you:

- We are making the same decals we have and will continue to do so - Next Gen 2 decals - translites, cabinet art, etc, with WMS logo's, etc - we will not stop making these before, during, or after mmr.
- The artwork for the MMR will be using completely different processes and will not have the WMS logos (and will have different markings as required by WMS for the remake).

What I said is we will not be rushing to make new variations of artwork for MM (i.e. mmr artwork with wms logo's, etc) as what we have is fine and if there is reason to do it later we will consider it, but right now have many other projects on our plate.

rick

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Let me clarify for you:
- We are making the same decals we have and will continue to do so - Next Gen 2 decals - translites, cabinet art, etc, with WMS logo's, etc - we will not stop making these before, during, or after mmr.
- The artwork for the MMR will be using completely different processes and will not have the WMS logos (and will have different markings as required by WMS for the remake).
What I said is we will not be rushing to make new variations of artwork for MM (i.e. mmr artwork with wms logo's, etc) as what we have is fine and if there is reason to do it later we will consider it, but right now have many other projects on our plate.
rick

Pretty much what I had guessed, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the clarification!

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Let me clarify for you:
rick

Thanks for letting us all know that

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-cab-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.