Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jenk540i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just completed changing out all bulbs in the game to LEDs but have one issue. There are the 2 "spotlight" looking lights on posts on either side of the castle. They have a 1 piece black socket containing a wedge base #555 bulb. Can't grip that bulb and my rubber hose bulb extractor won't pull them either. Any suggestions?

#2 4 years ago

Shooter tip rubber

#3 4 years ago

Never thought of that. I'll give it a try.

#4 4 years ago

The rubber tubing works vastly better than a shooter tip. If your tubing is getting worn at the end, snip off a little bit.

If possible, remove the reflector from the socket (don't break it!). Some are molded units that can't be separated.

There might be a small hole in the socket base. If you have something small and rigid enough you can push the lamp from behind while pulling from the front. Just try not to shatter the glass.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks. I'll look again when I get home, but I suspect that these are one piece molded units. The ones I have on my LOTR are definitely two piece so on those I've taken the reflector off to get the bulb out, but I can't see a way to separate the reflector on these.

#6 4 years ago

What bulbs did you change your MM to?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

but I suspect that these are one piece molded units

They are. But you can still poke a jewelers screw driver or something small in the back where the wires are and shove the bulb out. Power off when you do this.

LTG : )™

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are. But you can still poke a jewelers screw driver or something small in the back where the wires are and shove the bulb out. Power off when you do this.
LTG : )™</blockquote

Thanks. I'll try that. And I actually rarely change any bulbs with the power on. Too paranoid.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

What bulbs did you change your MM to?

Came with an old coin taker set but many were not working or had been replaced w/ incadescent bulbs. The whites in the back box were so weak that the translite looked terrible. Bought twin SMD sunlight frosted from Comet pinball and used those for all of the GI whites. Took about 35 wedge base for the back box and 25 bayonet base for the play field. Game is significantly brighter without any glare. Highly recommend those bulbs. For the colored insets I only replaced a few that were out. Tried some of his new "purple passion" for the Pop bumpers and they look pretty good.

#10 4 years ago

ebay.com link » Pinball Jukebox Mini Lamp Light Bulb Removal Tool Redemption Arcade Slot Game

Since I led so many games I have a pair of these. Works super awesome for those backbox bulbs in some games too. I'm sure it can be found cheaper somewhere

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

ebay.com link » Pinball Jukebox Mini Lamp Light Bulb Removal Tool Redemption Arcade Slot Game
Since I led so many games I have a pair of these. Works super awesome for those backbox bulbs in some games too. I'm sure it can be found cheaper somewhere

I like that idea, and yes I found one for $5 less. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside