th-1.jpeg
VhHrB.gif
mm.JPG
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg
image.jpg
MM_preorder.gif
trading_places_16.png
6c32af09627887804c6be5c49d9cadd67f4201.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

This would really, really surprise me.
Why enter into this venture and charge $7K when the market cearly supports prices over $10K for this title all day long... and those are not NIB. Even Stern is charging more for their LEs.
IF someone is doing this, it's for the sole purpose of cashing in, not offering them at a "reasonable" price. That's my two cents. I guess we'll see.

It supports "all day long" because the demand outstrips the supply. One you increase the supply, prices will fall all around.

All the people saying "it's not a real one, it's a reproduction!" HA! 90% of the MM out there have been modded, polished and clearcoated to a state that is no where near being original.

It'll be pretty amazing to see Stern stuck with whatever their chintzy machine their trying to push for $7000 while people are lined up to buy a 15 year old design that Stern has never came close to matching.

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Since most high-end restorations get a new repro playfield, new cabinet decals, etc., I'm not sure they can be considered "original" anyway. Not that there's anything wrong with that -- I'd prefer a new playfield over an original with 5,000 plays on it.

Precisely.

If these remakes happen, the price is going to plummet on the existing examples.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from MedievalMike:

A reproduction would actually keep the values of originals higher over the long term. It would get more ppl playing that title. My most valuable comic book is a TMNT #1 which has been reprinted several times. I think some of the biggest buyers for a new MM will be ppl who own originals. I have a nice collection of Transformers that retain their value and Star Wars figures even tho new sets have been made. Personally I just got back into pinball. It's a much easier sell for me to tell my wife I am buying a brand new machine for 5 to 7k then buy a restored hot title at current prices.

Completely off target.

The value of a pinball is in being able to enjoy playing the game itself, not the rarity. Comic book and baseball card values are based on condition and rarity. There are very few MM 's that haven't been modified to conditions well beyond how they were born. How much would a TMNT #1 be worth if you colored in all the artwork?

The reason they are worth as much as they are is because they were underproduced due to the market conditions of the time. Only around 4000 were produced. The market could easily absorb double that number if not more. People for the most part buy pins because they are fun to PLAY(the whole reason for their existence) not to just look at and brag about their "originality". Fact is, hardly any of these machines are "original" anymore and nobody cares. It's about the PLAY.

If MM's get reproduced, the value of the existing machines will plummet. The 100% original condition machines will hold their value more but they will still drop.

#152 10 years ago

When someone re-decals a MM, is it now worth less? When someone clearcoats a MM playfield, is it now worth less? When someone chrome plates it to within an inch of it's life, is it worth less?

No x 3.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

is it really "fanboy bias" to disagree with the assertion that modern Sterns are better than classic Bally/Williams? come on man. the machines Stern is putting out right now are totally respectable, but nobody's putting them up there with the greatest of all time. MM, MB, AFM, and TZ are generally considered head and shoulders above any of Stern's offerings so far.

Yeah, but Stern's only had about 15 years to make something better and more timeless than those titles. Give them some more time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

16,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-and-afm-remake?tu=pinmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.