th-1.jpeg
VhHrB.gif
mm.JPG
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg
image.jpg
MM_preorder.gif
trading_places_16.png
6c32af09627887804c6be5c49d9cadd67f4201.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just read this post on KLOV about supposedly Planetary Pinball is set to announce MM and AFM remake next month...any one know anything about this?

Quote:
"Not to hijack but rumor is that Planetary Pinball is going to announce AFM and MM reproductions next month at the Pinball Expo in Chicago. Definitely would be a good time to get out of a MM. If they become available for $7000ish NIB, values are going to tank.

#79 10 years ago

I know there were rumors of this before, but think about it as PPS, you're sitting on a hot intellectual property and thinking how can I make money on this...an MM remake at 7-8K I dare say would out sell any new Stern (specially with the crap that stern is charging 8k for), maybe even JJP, who knows. if predator can be profitable at 5k a machine with really no economy of scale then PPS will stand to make some good coin on an 7-8k MM, Don't forget those machines will need parts in the future too, so it makes sense for PPS...otherwise your holding a hot IP for nothing.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I don't know why they would sell for less than current le prices if people are paying 50-150% more than that right now. I realize they can't charge 50-150% more and expect to sell many/any but I think undercutting at $7k would be foolish.

As stated earlier how many can PPS sell at 10K vs how many can they sell at 8K, if the cost is 4k per machine (just using this as an example) 750 machines at 10k will yield them 4.5 mil profit, if they sell 1250 machine at 8k it will yield them 5 mill in profit...also they may get a break on the cost if they manufacture more parts so theoretically the cost of materials may even drop further if they sell more machines. yes more machines may mean more liability but it will also mean more parts sales in the future. I think if the cheaper the machine the more they will sell and the more profit they will realize from their IP, so it would be in their interest to find the perfect price point where most pinheads would be tempted to pass title X and buy an MM2. That price point seems to be somewhere near the 7-8K mark (judging by the ST backlash).

#176 10 years ago

<blockquote=:
Williams basically gave the pin community a big "FU" and closed its doors and didnt even bother to try n sell its Pinball division off so someone else could keep up with making such great pins
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sterns didn't stop making pinballs for thank yous, they're in business for the sake of being in business, if they could figure they can make more money doing slot machines tomorrow, guess what would happen?

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The pinball division was profitable (not as much as the slot machine division but still made a profit)....They could have sold it off & i'm sure someone else would have been interested. Why do you think they just didnt sell off the pinball division then?

Really?
from the economist: http://www.economist.com/node/330662
It is the end of an era. From a peak of 100,000 in 1992, the industry's high point, global sales of pinball machines fell to just over 10,000 last year. WMS's pinball division lost $17.8m over the past three financial years; when it stopped production it was losing $1m a month.

Pinball 2000 was the pinnacle of pinball evolution. The second—and final—game using the system, “Star Wars: Episode One”, throws everything from light-sabre fights to droid hunting into the mix, as four or more balls fly simultaneously through tubes and down ramps, triggering video pyrotechnics with each collision. But the company had to sell 20,000 units in its first year to break even, and it failed to reach even half that.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop it stop it stop it. Don't crush the fragile myhtology that runs rampant on Pinside fueled by "thank you" threads

Damn where is RobT when you need him..

3 weeks later
#323 10 years ago

Dude it's not a CC....it's either MM or an AFM. Where did CC leak into to the rumor?

#437 10 years ago

Well...there it is....I preordered, but i need to see more details about the build of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-and-afm-remake?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.