th-1.jpeg
VhHrB.gif
mm.JPG
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg
image.jpg
MM_preorder.gif
trading_places_16.png
6c32af09627887804c6be5c49d9cadd67f4201.jpg
There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I don't see how they can overcome the price of tooling up to make a run of complete games if they don't use Stern or JJP. Is there anyone out there that has the capabilities right now to make a small batch of games and not lose their a$$ without putting a big price tag on the product? I honestly don't see a ton of other titles they can do this with to offset the price of tooling up. Besides CC, MB & MM, what other remakes could they possibly expect to sell in large numbers.

Assuming easy license or non-licensed pins are under discussion, I'd imagine AFM would be included. Maybe WW, FH, TOTAN, TOM, CFTBL depending on cost of production.

#402 10 years ago

AFM would be a definite. Much cheaper with less moving parts than MM.

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I don't see how they can overcome the price of tooling up to make a run of complete games if they don't use Stern or JJP. Is there anyone out there that has the capabilities right now to make a small batch of games and not lose their a$$ without putting a big price tag on the product? I honestly don't see a ton of other titles they can do this with to offset the price of tooling up. Besides CC, MB & MM, what other remakes could they possibly expect to sell in large numbers.

Well they will save a bunch of $ considering all the design and software are already done. They literally just need a factory to put them together and someone to collect all the cash that will pour in

#404 10 years ago

Totan, MB, AFM and CC, now that would be something!

#405 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yes, yes there is.

damn you and your insider information.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

They literally just need a factory to put them together and someone to collect all the cash that will pour in

They need a pool too

SPOM.jpgSPOM.jpg

#407 10 years ago

This could have a serious effect on the overall market (both short and long term) if it does happen. There are only so many people willing to pay $8k+ for a game. If people got into this counting on their game values to be steady or rise(I didn't), they ought to be concerned. Manufacturers can't keep pumping games into the market without growth in the number of buyers, and not have something eventually give. Just my quick thoughts.

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

This could have a serious effect on the overall market (both short and long term). There are only so many people willing to pay $8k+ for a game. If people got into this counting on their game values to be steady or rise(I didn't), they ought to be concerned. Manufacturers can't keep pumping games into the market without growth in the number of buyers, and not have something eventually give. Just my quick thoughts.

Sounds and is horrible but if it were me I would source a factory in China and bang them out at 5.5k and take all the sales away from both big boys and the resale market for the next three years at least.

#409 10 years ago

I have nothing against someone that bought MM because they really want one. I completely understand, it is probably my favorite pinball machine ever made. And people that really want one that can afford one are going to get one, regardless of what anyone says.

There is just annoyance with pinflation in general. Some are directing that toward the buyers specifically. The buyers are partially to blame. When these high price sales happen, suddenly everyone assumes that their $1000 Pinbot is now worth $2500 because a MM sold for $12K. They list them at that, they sit at that price for a while, but eventually someone buys one for that price because they really want one. Now they're suddenly valuated higher. The investment buyers gobbling up machines and sitting on them and the sellers and dealers price gouging affect the price of all machines on the market. Supply and demand in pinball sucks. The only way to combat it is to hold out and refuse to pay those high prices. But I feel as though the bubble will burst soon enough, especially with so many new machines being produced. It won't revert back to early 2000's "I'll pay you to take my busted Addams Family machine out of my basement/arcade" prices, but they'll be more reflective of real value at least.

#410 10 years ago

I hope they do a remake! I am a newbe and would love to play this game! I have a few others on my wishlist and being new and owning zero games I don't have the luxury to hold out and refuse to lay high prices because I want to "play" asap! I will be watching to see if they announce some great news today! In the mean time back to shopping

#411 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The originals will always be worth more money.
Just like AC Cobras or BBBs or ..................

Keep telling yourself that.... It will make you feel better even if it is not true.

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i realize i sound like a mm owner in denial.

I think you may be reading some of the comments differently than they were meant to be. Only time in my life I have ever played MM was at Lloyd's and at Tom's parties. I want to play this game more. I am just against the people who don't want a remake because their game will lose value. It won't lose value. It will be as fun as it ever was.

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Keep telling yourself that.... It will make you feel better even if it is not true.

He sold his for $20k a few months ago.

#414 10 years ago

MM RETURNS!!!!

Q2/2014, 1000 units

7985$

#415 10 years ago

THEIR FREAKING DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#416 10 years ago

not sure if trolls or not sure if trolls..

#417 10 years ago

That'll teach you to doubt Zucot. Except when it comes to Stern code.

#418 10 years ago

1000 units, $8k... on same equipment that made originals.

#419 10 years ago

8K. Pre-orders now? Is that what he said?

#420 10 years ago

Where do I send money? lol

#421 10 years ago

I love me some B/W games, but not paying $8k for an old one. Don't care what title.

#422 10 years ago

Oh sh&($t, time to start saving! 1000 units are going to go really really fast.

#423 10 years ago

Where do we sign up?

#424 10 years ago

Where do we send the $$$?

#425 10 years ago

If this does well, I'd imagine they would walk down the line of A+ williams titles. too bad the license for monsterbash would probablynot make it worthwhile

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Jjp pinballsales.com will be a distributor

send money to

#427 10 years ago

Nothing about AFM?

#428 10 years ago

Would love to see the details... Decalled cabs? Mirco PFs? Will be interesting to see this develop.

Anyone want a CPR Whirlwind PF and a X-Men LE?

#430 10 years ago

I may not be buying at $8k, but looking forward to the flood of machines on the market as people sell to pay for this.

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

He sold his for $20k a few months ago.

Yep, I sold a perfect, no decal, all matching #s, completely original MM for $18k to a serious collector .

We spoke about the rumored remakes last night and he said he is happy that more people will get to play MM, but nothing will ever get him to sell his original.

I may have an AFM lined up for him in equally pristine condition.

#432 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Lol, i bet you do.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from jrobinso99:

1000 units, $8k... on same equipment that made originals.

anybody have a link? twitter post? anything official?

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, I sold a perfect, no decal, all matching #s, completely original MM for $18k to a serious collector .
We spoke about the rumored remakes last night and he said he is happy that more people will get to play MM, but nothing will ever get him to sell his original.

Thanks for not bustin my (pin)balls about being off by $2k.

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Lol, i bet you do.

He has a number of absolutely perfect collector quality games that I service for him.

NIB BBB
NIB Black Knight
NIB CV
NIB Flash

#436 10 years ago

Everyone is freaking out about new MM and I'm over here working on a deal to get a Rollergames...

#437 10 years ago

Well...there it is....I preordered, but i need to see more details about the build of the game.

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Never. going. to . happen.. zzzz

LOL...

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.

- Mike Tyson

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He has a number of absolutely perfect collector quality games that I service for him.
NIB BBB
NIB Black Knight
NIB CV
NIB Flash

Do you dust the cardboard?

#440 10 years ago

im in! (dont tell my wife)

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do you dust the cardboard?

I should qualify that he purchased them NIB, they are now being played.

#442 10 years ago

They most definitely came!
th-5.jpegth-5.jpeg

#443 10 years ago

Holly f@ck!! Any body want to buy a kidney?

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I should qualify that he purchased them NIB, they are now being played.

Oh, so they are player pins. Nice.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

LOL

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Glad someone else quoted this. Because haha.

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

I think this is all BS. The idea has been around forever and it's never panned out.

lol...

#448 10 years ago

All bubbles burst! I think the MM one just popped! I would rather a new MM over a 20 year old one IMO. I think remaking popular titles is a gold mine for Planetary Pinball. I look forward to see more to come from them.

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I look forward to see more to come from them.

Ninja said it...make it so!

#450 10 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-and-afm-remake/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.