th-1.jpeg
VhHrB.gif
mm.JPG
ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg
image.jpg
MM_preorder.gif
trading_places_16.png
6c32af09627887804c6be5c49d9cadd67f4201.jpg
There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 10 years ago

I just read this post on KLOV about supposedly Planetary Pinball is set to announce MM and AFM remake next month...any one know anything about this?

Quote:
"Not to hijack but rumor is that Planetary Pinball is going to announce AFM and MM reproductions next month at the Pinball Expo in Chicago. Definitely would be a good time to get out of a MM. If they become available for $7000ish NIB, values are going to tank.

#2 10 years ago

Never. going. to . happen.. zzzz

#3 10 years ago

I've seen this in a few different places with no credibility. I'm beginning to think someone started a rumor to try to drive prices on existing ones down. Nothing more than a clever scare tactic to get some people who spent a lot to try and recover a possible loss. I wish I could actually believe this rumor but as for now I'm not getting my hopes up.

#4 10 years ago

Find a friend that has these machines. They will be more than happy to let you play them. If not for just the sake of keeping the rust off of them.

#5 10 years ago

I'd buy a MM remake without question if it ever happens. I just don't believe it will happen. I'd probably pass on AFM at this point unless it was improved with color changing LEDs tied to software or something.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd buy a MM remake without question if it ever happens. I just don't believe it will happen. .

It's more possible now than ever! IP is out of dingo-grip & plenty of people making cabs/playfields/building games these days!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd probably pass on AFM at this point unless it was improved with color changing LEDs tied to software or something.

You already have an improved version of AFM, also. No need to go backwards and get the other one..

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's more possible now than ever! IP is out of dingo-grip & plenty of people making cabs/playfields/building games these days!

Well, that would be awesome. Who owns the IP associated with pin2k? I'd love another pin2k game to come out. That platform barely scratched the surface of it's potential.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, that would be awesome. Who owns the IP associated with pin2k? I'd love another pin2k game to come out. That platform barely scratched the surface of it's potential.

Planetary Pinball owns (or is the rights holder?) of the Williams pinball IP. So - P2K is in their court as well. Based on what's been written about & spoken about at expos, I don't see any P2K stuff happening any time soon

#10 10 years ago

Pure BS.

#11 10 years ago

Until you see a complete game ready for sale, its nothing but speculation. And we all know that speculation and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

#12 10 years ago

If they remade The Great Gatsby I'd go see it for sure!

#13 10 years ago

Remake CC while your at it!

#14 10 years ago

I'd be surprised if it didn't happen. The market could certainly support it if the price point was in line with current LE models. Would love to own a MM NIB. Wait until the flood of lightly routed MMs hit the market. Will be interesting.

#15 10 years ago

Pigs do Fly! I guess we will find out at Expo

#16 10 years ago

There is definitely money to be made. I bet they could get $8000 for MM and sell a large number of them.

#17 10 years ago
#18 10 years ago

I knew a guy who had a cousin who said that his brother in law knew someone who's sister's friend said that this is really going to happen this time.

#19 10 years ago

I have noticed for awhile that AFM has been dropping in price. I have not seen the same from MM so maybe the rumor with respect to AFM is true. Who knows. Again if I was a pinball producer I would focus on reproductions of all the high priced pins (MM, MB and CC are 3 great examples). Would be nice to see that happen. I doubt they would reproduce WW and HS2 as people can find very nice examples for around $2K (give or take a couple of hundred).

I can almost guarantee that a remake of CC or MM would be a HUGE SELLER. To get a new one for about half the price of an old one. Also, that would either JUSTIFY and NEGATE this claim that so many make that these are "true collectibles" as lets face it a reproduction of the MONA LISA would be worth NOTHING. People want the one original. I have tried to say this all along and this would end that argument once and for all. The MM and CC are not worth what they are currently selling for in my opinion. Yes, they are worth every penny of $7K-$8K but when they blew through $10K in my opinion that was a joke. I would rather own an MM or CC then many pins I own that I paid $5K for so I would pay a little more but to pay TRIPLE no way JOSE !!!

The price jump of about $10K for a MM in 3 years was a joke in my opinion and anyone that bought one for over $10K should be a "bag holder" if they bought it because they felt it would keep going up. Hey, they took a risk and I feel the best thing to happen for this hobby would be for a lot of those people who bought it thinking the prices would increase to get burned bad....that will help the prices down the road for the true hobbyist that is just buying pins to enjoy for many years.

So lets hope they reproduce games like CC and MM and that should put an end to some of the price inflation in my opinion and put a top at least in some of the A titles which is healthy for this hobby and should be welcomed by all of us.

#20 10 years ago

Also, I got a tip from my financial advisor to short the pinball high end market as he told me Warren Buffet (the Oracle of Omaha and the greatest investor ever in my opinion who has made me A LOT of money by investing in Berkshire Hathaway many, many years ago....that was a great investment and one of the main reasons I don't need to do anything anymore....thank you WARREN !!!) is doing this as we speak.....just joking of course.....LOL !!!! That is one reason I really laugh about people that truly are buying pins as Investments....they are not Investments they are a hobby and one day a lot of people are going to find this out the HARD WAY. Invest in Exxon/Mobil, GE, McDonalds, Home Depot, etc. if you want long term investments !!! Not MM or MB or CC....wait until the day comes when technology changes and it will or if the rumor is correct and they are reproduced. Lots of hubbies are going to have to tell their wife's to go back to work if they view their pinball collection as part of their 401 K !!!!

#21 10 years ago

I'd probably buy a new MM around $6k. I couldn't justify spending more than that. IMO if you put an A-list Stern vs. A-list B/W, Stern wins every time in game play.

#22 10 years ago

I would pay 7-8k for a new and improved MM. LEDs, clear coated playfield, color DMD, that new pin smell....

#23 10 years ago

In the 7k range, I'm a buyer for sure. Over 8k and most likely not. As a one who wishes to own an MM, I hope the rumor holds water but, I have my doubts. Even if it were true I'm seeing the old put up the cash and wait 2-5 years for shipment scenario, which has little appeal to me.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'd probably buy a new MM around $6k. I couldn't justify spending more than that. IMO if you put an A-list Stern vs. A-list B/W, Stern wins every time in game play.

Not a Stern made that I prefer over MM ...flame suit on

#25 10 years ago

I hate to say it but It sounds to good to be true ;(

#26 10 years ago

I saw the post too and asked the fine gentleman on the "Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors" group on Facebook. (Shameless plug) I guess this rumor has been going on for a few years now.

I think we will really see who is in this hobby for the money IF they announce this. How many MMs would you see in the marketplace right after the announcement for sale at $10k?

#27 10 years ago

Can someone besides Wayno remake MM? I thought he had the rights?

#28 10 years ago

To me it seems like a no brainer to remake AFM as a test repro title, the BOM can't be THAT much compared to other desirable repro candidates (e.g. it could be ~ half to 75% that of Monster Bash... less parts, easier to assemble).

You are also now able to cut costs on some items like the transformer by using LED's and the Color DMD platform for the display.

Even if this rumor is not true, people are apparently remaking these games for their own use. I would buy an AFM kit and assemble it myself, if the price was vaguely reasonable.

#29 10 years ago

At $5000 I would think about buying. At $7000, NO WAY.

A large quantity of these machines would have to be built to make it worth while for a manufacturer.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can someone besides Wayno remake MM? I thought he had the rights?

He (wayne) retained those rights

#31 10 years ago

It seems that Wayne now has JJP distributor rights in Australia. If Wayne could leverage JJP's production facility, he could run off MM remakes pretty quick IMHO.

#32 10 years ago

I though planetary posed he has the rights to finish his but they now have the rights going forward.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

He (wayne) retained those rights

Actually I believe PPP stated that they have the rights to produce but they did not purchase Waynes client list but would assist him with parts if he did go ahead ... going forward they (PPP) could reproduce any of the titles or sublicense the production to a third party if they wished .. Wayne has no further rights.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Pigs do Fly! I guess we will find out at Expo

yup, 7K is the price.

#35 10 years ago

Planetary's site states that they've had the rights to produce Williams parts and manufacture the games since October 2010.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from SquidVicious:

Actually I believe PPP stated that they have the rights to produce but they did not purchase Waynes client list but would assist him with parts if he did go ahead ... going forward they (PPP) could reproduce any of the titles or sublicense the production to a third party if they wished .. Wayne has no further rights.

If PPS holds the license this rumor has much more credibility IMHO

#37 10 years ago

7k above that I will stick with new titles

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from MonsterBash26:

Planetary's site states that they've had the rights to produce Williams parts and manufacture the games since October 2010.

From PPS site
3/26/11
- Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc to supply Jersey Jack Pinball with Williams ® and
Bally ® pinball parts within it's new platform of pinball machines starting with
Wizard of Oz scheduled for production later this year

#39 10 years ago

still time left to sell your MM @ current price

#40 10 years ago

it would be interesting to see how pricing would be affected by a $7k NIB MM for sure.

6c32af09627887804c6be5c49d9cadd67f4201.jpg6c32af09627887804c6be5c49d9cadd67f4201.jpg trading_places_16.pngtrading_places_16.png

#42 10 years ago

I would buy one or both if it were true, but only if it is not pay in advance model, I'd have no problem with a nominal deposit but not paying for the whole game in advance.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

It seems that Wayne now has JJP distributor rights in Australia. If Wayne could leverage JJP's production facility, he could run off MM remakes pretty quick IMHO.

If only they weren't busy open to close every day producing their own game. I'm not sure how you expect them to shoehorn in making something else.

Also, Wayne's right to produce MM's lapsed, I thought. Read that somewhere.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

it would be interesting to see how pricing would be affected by a $7k NIB MM for sure.

Sounds like things are going to get real interesting around here.

If this is true, I think it will effect more than just the prices of MM and AFM and CC. Other high priced pins will be affected as well.

#45 10 years ago

I have no problem owning a reproduction, probably the originals could will be worth more, but just for playing not as an investment, I'd prefer a new pin.

I am not good with fixing stuff, I did just change a fuse the other day :woot: but overall I am more happy with newer stuff which should be more reliable. I'd buy several pins if this were to come to pass CC, AFM, MM, MB, CFTBL.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Sounds like things are going to get real interesting around here.
If this is true, I think it will effect more than just the prices of MM and AFM and CC. Other high priced pins will be affected as well.

This.

#47 10 years ago

Can I pre-order an LE

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

yup, 7K is the price.

This would really, really surprise me.
Why enter into this venture and charge $7K when the market cearly supports prices over $10K for this title all day long... and those are not NIB. Even Stern is charging more for their LEs.

IF someone is doing this, it's for the sole purpose of cashing in, not offering them at a "reasonable" price. That's my two cents. I guess we'll see.

#49 10 years ago

A $7K NIB MM would be a sign of the end of days Sign me up and take my money.

MM_preorder.gifMM_preorder.gif

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Sign me up and take my money.

Yeah, I said $6k was about my max, but I'd probably do $7k shipped if the assembly line was up and running with a less than 6 month wait. I like Sterns better, but I'm a sucker for that castle

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 458 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-and-afm-remake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.