MM $5250?

By PINBELL

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

MM for $5250 on mr.pinball classified! Is that for real? Too far for me!

#2 11 years ago

they left out the 1

#3 11 years ago

that and the AFM for 4800? Guess.

#4 11 years ago

Don't waste your time, Pinbell, that is a scam all the way.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

MM for $5250 on mr.pinball classified! Is that for real? Too far for me!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-pinball-scam

#6 11 years ago

Not for me, but no replies from the seller

#7 11 years ago

Both of them fell off of Rommy's truck...

#8 11 years ago

The bubble has burst. HAHAHa

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

The bubble has burst. HAHAHa

Something tells me fools and their money will soon part.. As for me .. Even then it's a bit crazy, about 7000 cents too much, at 5250 (4500 for a used game is my limit, unless it was rebuilt fresh and new, then it's 5k)

As far as the bubble, it's will only last as long as the market allows it. And since crazy people actually pay 11,15,23 thousand dollars for a pinball!? Here sits your prize game, happily at #1 on the beloved pinside top 100, even though its getting pulled off route every month to get sold at private party prices. Less and less people have a chance to play it.. Yet the price and the reviews pour in.. "Best game ever. Period", lady puts game for sale at prices people and afford, others call up saying I will pay 8k sight unseen, bubbles up!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

As far as the bubble, it's will only last as long as the market allows it. And since crazy people actually pay 11,15,23 thousand dollars for a pinball!? Here sits your prize game, happily at #1 on the beloved pinside top 100, even though its getting pulled off route every month to get sold at private party prices. Less and less people have a chance to play it.. Yet the price and the reviews pour in.. "Best game ever. Period", lady puts game for sale at prices people and afford, others call up saying I will pay 8k sight unseen, bubbles up!

It's a shame that crap happens. The hobby is becoming more and more an elitist/rich man's hobby.

People who bought MM for $3k and are now selling it for $10k+ .... must be nice!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's a shame that crap happens. The hobby is becoming more and more an elitist/rich man's hobby.

\\

There are TONS of great and reasonably priced titles out there for much less than the current price of the A listers.

#12 11 years ago

oh, and this MRpbl ad is a scam in case you are wondering...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Something tells me fools and their money will soon part.. As for me .. Even then it's a bit crazy, about 7000 cents too much, at 5250 (4500 for a used game is my limit, unless it was rebuilt fresh and new, then it's 5k)

Anyone with enough savvy to find Mr. Pinball knows what the game is worth so there are two possibilities here.
One, it is a scam or two they are creating the low price buzz.
Two things can happen here if you are local and it is a scam then the game is sold and if it isn't then they will play stupid and claim they didn't know what the game was worth and you will be given the opportunity to beat the new price offered by the mystery buyer.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

People who bought MM for $3k and are now selling it for $10k+ .... must be nice!

Comments like that just make you look jealous dude... I can't afford one either but
I don't feel the neccessity to bag on people who bought low and can sell high
or who can afford nicer luxuries than I.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

\\
There are TONS of great and reasonably priced titles out there for much less than the current price of the A listers.

Absolutely and totally concur.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from lonnkor:

Comments like that just make you look jealous dude... I can't afford one either but
I don't feel the neccessity to bag on people who bought low and can sell high
or who can afford nicer luxuries than I.

Meh. Yeah, I guess.

Remember, it's the internet - all opinions are welcome and right.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Absolutely and totally concur.

...but luckily, not all A-listers go for $8-15K plus. Hell, I'd love to have a BBB or a MB myself
but it's just not in the budget for a working stiff like me... I'd have to trade my whole
collection plus cash just to get one of 'em!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from lonnkor:

...but luckily, not all A-listers go for $8-15K plus. Hell, I'd love to have a BBB or a MB myself
but it's just not in the budget for a working stiff like me... I'd have to trade my whole
collection plus cash just to get one of 'em!

I hear ya bud. I have no problem admitting I'm jealous. It sucks to watch the games I loved at the age of 15 go through the roof right when I get into the hobby. Meh, I could cry about it all day - bottom line it won't change anything so it "is what it is" - ya know ?

If there was one A-lister I wish I could afford - mmmm - prolly TAF or SS. TAF just has fantastic callouts and SS is unique but not "MM or AFM popular" yet. SS would prolly be the one of the two I'd want to own - just very cool, different, unqiue-looking.

Then again, LOTR is one of the deepest pins I have ever played....

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I hear ya bud. I have no problem admitting I'm jealous. It sucks to watch the games I loved at the age of 15 go through the roof right when I get into the hobby. Meh, I could cry about it all day - bottom line it won't change anything so it "is what it is" - ya know ?
If there was one A-lister I wish I could afford - mmmm - prolly TAF or SS. TAF just has fantastic callouts and SS is unique but not "MM or AFM popular" yet. SS would prolly be the one of the two I'd want to own - just very cool, different, unqiue-looking.
Then again, LOTR is one of the deepest pins I have ever played....

Yep, exactly. Even when I recently bought my DW I was agonizing as in the 90's I could
have bought it for around half what I paid for mine all day long.
But, I happen to be one of those people who thinks that this
recent influx of new people entering the hobby will level off/drop and prices will do the same.
No way to predict when or by how much, I'm no economics expert by a long shot. And
not on every title but on a lot of the 'hot flavor of the month' ones. Everyone hates the
cargument, so as a former rock 'n' roller I like to equate it more to guitars, which I bought and
sold for years when I was younger. Guys would get a brand new Strat/Les Paul, fantastic
top quality amp, and then down the road get sick of it or quit playing and deals would be
there to be had. Not on holy grail stuff but on good solid top quality instruments...
luckily pinball machines are luxuries and not neccesities (or are they?)

#20 11 years ago

It just seems crazy but I justify the price with the fact I no longer snowmobile. New sleds are 10-12 grand for the top ones in areas where I could ride 3-4 months a year where with a pin I can play 24/7/365. So its all relative to how much you are into a certain hobby.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Greg2608:

It just seems crazy but I justify the price with the fact I no longer snowmobile. New sleds are 10-12 grand for the top ones in areas where I could ride 3-4 months a year where with a pin I can play 24/7/365. So its all relative to how much you are into a certain hobby.

But you didn't have 2-50 sleds in your garage and I would gladly sell you a "classic" two banger convertible to a jet ski for 21k if you like (hehe)

#22 11 years ago

What range was the original MSRP on this title?

#24 11 years ago

Emailed shortly after it posted with a proxy mail account. No response so now I guess my secondary mail address is going to get even more spam.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-5250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.