1980-bmw-m1.jpg
mario.JPG
13_G.sized.jpg
Impala.jpg
$$$.jpg
cactus_canyon.JPG
MM.jpg
hate.gif
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

There are already MM's selling for $20k, one this month in fact.

And *that* MM sale was OFF Ebay and *not* HEP (but nicely restored).

#102 11 years ago

This just proves that more than one person can restore a great game to perfection. I just don't see how it can get better than this. Fantastic workmanship for sure. My hat is off to you...and I don't even wear a hat.

#103 11 years ago

It's all relative. I'd rather have that MM than this pinball for $20K on eBay. It already has two offers.

ebay.com link: Pinball Nintendo NEW SEALED NM MT VGA 90 BLACK NINTENDO SEAL w MARIO

mario.JPGmario.JPG

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Sorry, If I'm going to pick a car over a HEP MM, FOR ME it wouldn't be the one you showed in the video. A guy my age with getting out of a car with that spoiler just doesn't look right. An American muscle car on the other hand like NewPinOwner's Impala is more of a thing of beauty to me and more age appropriate.

I don't know how old you are, but hey, both cars are good choices. The E30 wing isn't that bad compared to others from the late 80's. However, the E30 M3 does have much better handling than a Impala.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

e E30 M3 does have much better handling than a Impala.

Not in the backseat, where it matters ; )

#106 11 years ago

I don't know how old you are, but hey, both cars are good choices. The E30 wing isn't that bad compared to others from the late 80's. However, the E30 M3 does have much better handling than a Impala.

I love the E30 M3, but what would be a really nice find would be an M1. That was a sweet, sweet car in my book.

1980-bmw-m1.jpg1980-bmw-m1.jpg

#107 11 years ago

80s cars suck

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

80s cars suck

I agree with you for the most part but... don't you own a GNX?

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from cableguy918:

I would never have thought it, but I think the brass looks awesome on this MM!

Sometimes a little Brass really sets a machine off! kingzl1dubs.jpgkingzl1dubs.jpg

#110 11 years ago

Be careful when you say a pin at 20k is worth every penny. The majority I beleive would never spend 20k on a pin (let alone be able to afford it). Even if it was a MM and you hit a button and the pf turned over and it became a CC. Still too much for me to spend. Sorry thats just me.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

don't you own a GNX?

No , I was just showing off a good friends car that I was working on in the shop. I do like GNs though.

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Be careful when you say a pin at 20k is worth every penny. The majority I beleive would never spend 20k on a pin (let alone be able to afford it). Even if it was a MM and you hit a button and the pf turned over and it became a CC. Still too much for me to spend. Sorry thats just me.

And yet they sell….

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Even if it was a MM and you hit a button and the pf turned over and it became a CC.

Why would I want that???......It just became a 10k pin all of the sudden!!!

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No it's not ! It is a bunch of middle aged men bickering like little bitches, day in and day out !

I know it's only March, but I nominate this for post of the year!

Hard to believe that anything will top it.

#115 11 years ago

just needed to add the word "whiny"

#116 11 years ago

It goes to show you that you can have a beatiful pin, done well btw and yet someone somewhere is going to take time out of their day to create a thread like this and others are going to criticize something so much nicer than they will ever be able to do themselves or afford to have done for them. I would love to have someone who could restore my pins like this close to me. BTW, if there is someone, please pm me as I don't have time to get to my own machines and I have a few that I want to look like this.

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I don't know, what else did I over look, F**K FACE ? The DMD was to be replaced with a color dmd ..

Swearing on the internet is obnoxious. You do great work, let that speak instead of lowering yourself to swearing at somone you will never meet to say it in person.

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

someone somewhere is going to take time out of their day to create a thread like this and others are going to criticize something so much nicer than they will ever be able to do themselves

When I created this thread, I had no idea what would come out of the woodwork. I was just pointing out that this special pinball machine, done right, could fetch whatever money is out there.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I created this thread, I had no idea what would come out of the woodwork. I was just pointing out that this special pinball machine, done right, could fetch whatever money is out there.

Meh, there's nothing on TV right now. This is entertaining...

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

80s cars suck

About 75% agree with you. There are some terrible 80's cars out there. However, I can think of a ton of great cars from that decade:

Audi Quattro
BMW E30 M3
BMW M1 (Director mentioned it, BTW, saw one not too long ago on the street.)
BMW E24 M5 (Criminally underrated IMO)
Buick GNX
Chevy Camaro I-ROC-Z
Chevy Corvette 4-Gen.
Delorean DMC-12 (why not?)
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari F40
Honda CRX-Si (yeah, yeah, but still a great bang-for-buck)
Jeep Wrangler
Lancia Delta
Lamborghini Countach
Mercedes 190E 2.3 Cosworth
Mercedes 500SEL
Mazda RX-7
Porsche 959
Pontiac Trans Am
Toyota AE86 Corolla

Have I made my point clear?

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

About 75% agree with you. There are some terrible 80's cars out there. However, I can think of a ton of great cars from that decade:
Audi Quattro
BMW E30 M3
Buick GNX
Chevy Camaro I-ROC-Z
Chevy Corvette 4-Gen.
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari F40
Jeep Wrangler
Lancia Delta
Lamborghini Countach
Mercedes 500SEL
Mazda RX-7
Porsche 959
Pontiac Trans Am
Toyota AE86 Corolla

Made your point clear?

The majority of the cars in your list do, in fact, suck!

And yes, I'm completely serious.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Audi Quattro
BMW E30 M3
Buick GNX
Chevy Camaro I-ROC-Z
Chevy Corvette 4-Gen.
Ferrari 288 GTO
Ferrari F40
Jeep Wrangler
Lancia Delta
Lamborghini Countach
Mercedes 500SEL
Mazda RX-7
Porsche 959
Pontiac Trans Am
Toyota AE86 Corolla

I will argue the Iroc/TAs were NOT good cars (except the turbo T/A). Leaky tops, dog-slow motors (even for then), bad paint, poor interior (Even for that time)etc...

I LOVED my 84 Firebird, but I also accepted it was not the greatest thing (far from it) ever built.

DeLoreans were overpriced and terribly slow. GREAT looking cars, but IMO that is about it. They could barely get out of their own way

Did see a 5000QV Countach the other day (first time in YEARS). Still love that body!

I really like the 90-93 Foxbody Mustangs. The 5.0 motors took to mods really well, and they were easy to make fast with not too much money.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The majority of the cars in your list do, in fact, suck!

OK, maybe the Japanese ones, but I was trying to be more diverse in terms of car companies. Even though the Honda CRX-Si might be considered terrible to some, it is definitely sought after by Honda collectors.

#124 11 years ago

This thread just won't die once you think it has it morphs into something else.

#125 11 years ago

All cars are junk.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

No it's not ! It is a bunch of middle aged men bickering like little bitches, day in and day out !

A lot of it is,yes my choice of words 'family forum' was wrong.Pinside does reach further than 'middle aged men bickering' though.The audience is more diverse and the tone of many posts welcomes and encourages youngsters into the hobby.

That's why i responded to the comment in the first place.

btw: visited Utah last year.Checked out Zion nat. park then travelled down through St.George and onto Las Vegas.Caught a cab down Tropicana Ave to the PHOF .Good times!

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

wow, I wonder if people realize they are doing it, lol

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

btw: visited Utah last year.Checked out Zion nat. park then travelled down through St.George

I wish we could have met up ! You most likely passed a few hundred feet from me at one point .

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

now that you say it I see your point. I wonder if people realize they are doing it, lol

probably not, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I love the E30 M3, but what would be a really nice find would be an M1. That was a sweet, sweet car in my book.

OMG that is an awesome looking car. reminds me of the Ford Pantera.

Btw, since we are on cars. Anyone have a 72 or 73 AMC javelin they want to sell me?

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Anyone have a 72 or 73 AMC javelin they want to sell me?

Will a 1968 do?

#132 11 years ago

I prefer the 72 / 73 styles, but i'm curious.

#133 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but i'm curious.

It's midnight blue with a rebuilt 290, automatic, and disk brakes in front. I sold it to a friend a couple of years back, and now it needs to go so that his games that are being stored in my garage can go into his garage.

#135 11 years ago

when did this turn into a classic car thread...am I in the twilight zone...
I better go play some I think its calling me.. dodedodo..

#136 11 years ago

I like coming here to post because watching the replies from some users is just golden entertainment. Which describes pretty much every forum on the nets. Especially ones that award points for posting. You really get quality posts from those.

I like turtles.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I like turtles.

dude thats a Tosh .o reference isen't it ..lol

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

dude thats a Tosh .o reference isen't it ..lol

No, its an 'i like turtles' kid reference.

#139 11 years ago

25k for a pinball machine is CRAZY!

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

25k for a pinball machine is CRAZY!

When I was in Brisbane in the mid 90's a fine looking lady approached me at the airport and told me for $10k she would marry me and I could gain citizenship. As tempting as it was, I returned to the good old USA. Just out of curiosity , what is the going rate these days?

#141 11 years ago

I don't know what the rate is but dual citizenship for 10k sounds like a bargain and a much better option than paying shitloads of money for a pinball machine.
Viva Brisvegas!

#142 11 years ago

OK, that is one sweet MM. That being said, paying more than $10K for a pin is insane. I remember buying my TZ for 3K and the seller thought I was crazy.

Fast forward 10 years. Just paid $6K for ACDC and feeling pretty good about it. Long live MM, and Wayne for keeping the dream alive in so many minds.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I don't know what the rate is but dual citizenship for 10k sounds like a bargain

I was a bit preoccupied at the time to ask if my 10k included a happy ending.

#144 11 years ago

$25k by Christmas ???? More like next week.

#145 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

$25k by Christmas ???? More like next week.

yeah, by x-mas... it's in 9 months, it will be 30K... and i'm not kidding, somebody will try!

#146 11 years ago

somebody will try!

th-7.jpegth-7.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 26.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-25k-by-x-mas/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.