th2W4QJSU3 (resized).jpg
045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
TRIBE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 5 years ago

If the Astros bats get hot they have a great shot at a repeat....great to see them finally be a good team. Been waiting all season for the playoffs to see if we can go back to back.

#93 5 years ago

The Stros seem to well against Tje Red Sox...just cause they have the most wins does not mean they are the best team. Indians will give us more trouble I predict.

Would like to see the Brewers and Astros.

Any of these teams can get hot and win it all so this is better than the NBA playoffs for me. Not exciting with 1-2 super teams and then everyone else.

#128 5 years ago

Unless it’s an ultimate collapse the Astros are moving on.....gonna be a good series vs Yanks or the Redsox...Too soon to call but unless someone steps up to shut the Dodgers down will we see a repeat of last years World Series....would like a Stros and Brewers series.....can’t get enough Harry Doyle LOL!

#148 5 years ago

The Astros led the league by wide margin of hitting into double plays.....just think of how many more runs/ games won they could have had but didn’t...if the Astros can avoid hitting into double plays I think it would be hard to not consider them the strong favorite. Even the weaker batters have a knack for getting timely hits.

Go Stros!!!

#155 5 years ago

This Astros game is crazy...hit batters...an ump hit....Red Sox manager ejected.

GO STROS!!!

#156 5 years ago

Man...crickets here....figured there would be some good trash talk going on by now.

Only game one of the Red Sox series so it’s far from over. Unless you Red Sox fans concede it’s over.....Brewers/ Dodgers are split so it could get interesting.

Bregman has become the heart and soul of this Astros team. Hottest player right know I think. Not the MVP for this year but discussion worthy.

If you had to look at game one and pick a team it’s hard to deny the Astros are looking to go back to back.

#157 5 years ago

Is it just me or does one of the announcers calling the game on TV sound like James Woods?

#160 5 years ago

Yeah 4 hr games are a little long. Sometimes you just gotta let a pitcher settle in....playoffs are do or die and managers can sometimes pull them too quick. And yeah the chess match of putting a pitcher in to face a single batter gets old but it’s part of the strategy and the rules. MLB keeps saying they want to work to shorten the games and limiting pitching changes could help with that.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know it looked cheap but what exactly was he supposed to do with his foot if the baseman's foot is blocking the way?

Well..the first baseman was only on the infield side of the bag... the other half of the bag was COMPLETELY open....he was clearly thrown out. No question it was intentional. He could have easy moves slightly to his rightZ if he was trying to beat the throw he would not be dragging his foot.

Ban the guy from the league. Cheap shots are just that....cheap. The guy is a bum. Ban him from the league. Same should be done for cheap shot players from all pro sports. Suh should be banned from the NFL. Plenty more I could name.

It should be considered a PRIVILEGE to play pro sports and make a TON of money. Sports is often touted as a positive influence for young kids/adults.

Bad apples should not be be given the opportunity....not that they can’t change but the big payday, fame, role model celebrity status should be offered to those that truly display what sorts is about...sportsmanship. Enough said on this.

GO STROS!!!

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well they do have a lot of new rules in regards to interfering with basemen.
I like the days when you just mowed him over and he dropped the ball.

If the bag is blocked then hell yeah there should be contact/collision.....fielders are not supposed to block the bases...

#183 5 years ago

2 different issues...PED users should be banned or just change the rules to allow them take anything they want.

No tolerance for dirty players period.

We can discuss this crap in the off-season...back to the playoffs

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

nothing upsets me more then watching some drunk fool in the stands ruin things for his team. I mean hes a grown ass adult acting like a fool over a 10$dollar baseball. No souvenir is worth taking a HR away from altuve!

Fan interference sucks...we will never truly know if he would have caught the ball or not.

Reagardless the Astros have had opportunities to score but didn’t. Can’t blame this game on a call that could have gone either way.

Astros are capable of winning 3 straight but Red Sox are hitting better right now. I think it will come down to pitching....Astros have to be lights out for 3 straight games.....

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The ball lands in the stands, it's a home run. In this case, the ball landed on the field of play, no home run. It's either an out or a double in this case, as Betts threw the ball in and Altuve was on second. Either way, the 'Stros only get one run there not 2. They lost by 2.

Yes they lost by 2 runs....and probably the right call and rule change that should happen is it should have been called a ground rule double. One run would have scored but it also would not have been an out and who knows if the Astros would have scored more runs or not.....water under the bridge at this point but a rule change to take the fans out of it and make it fair in these situations would be to make it a ground rule double.

Think if it had been a Boston fan that had interfered......how upset would people be.....reverse the scenario and what if this was a hit by the Red Sox.....the call would have hurt them. Just don’t understand why it would not be a ground rule double....end of story and move on. You can not definitively prove the ball would have been caught if there had been no interference. A rule change should be highly considered...and one thing to note is the one camera angle that might have shown if the ball was out of the field of play was blocked by a security guard....a lot of good that did.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mlb-2018-play-ball?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.