th2W4QJSU3 (resized).jpg
045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
TRIBE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

Insane to have 2 of these tie breakers. A big sigh of relief from me, as good as it is to be in the post-season, the single wildcard game is a very scary place to be.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Zero reason to do these tie breaker games when you already had 19 games in the season to determine a tie.
Puts an already overworked team due to so many rain delays/ snow delays at a huge disadvantage to have to play this BS and then the wild card.
Meanwhile Braun is shooting up deer antler hormone while he played 30% of the games this year.

If you win more games there's no reason for a tiebreaker. Tastes like sour grapes to me!

#47 5 years ago
#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

rough 90 mile commute.
granted, chicagoans seem to travel fine and brewers fans rarely even make the commute to their local stadium it seems...
I have found this tie breaker thing to be a good litmus of baseball fans vs homers in WI. The good baseball fans all agree that this tie breaker game is BS and needs to be eliminated in favor of just using the season record (gives those games the emphasis they should have). The homers are incapable of anything but yelling "go brewers"
The good baseball fans also agree that the all star is just as stupid.
Go Cubs Go!
Hopefully they can pull one out today on yet another day of no rest.

tumblr_nmgt94Ez6u1rte447o1_500 (resized).pngtumblr_nmgt94Ez6u1rte447o1_500 (resized).png
#72 5 years ago

I've been to one game at Miller vs the Cubs. I don't think I would go again. The worst part was when the stadium started to remember they had a hockey team that was leading in game 7 of the Stanley Cup. My wife hated it, and I felt bad to have I spent our money (and time) to be put into a situation where a bunch of aggressive people would try and actively ruin our day. Grilling out and sitting on the deck listening to Uecker and hanging out with those same friends and family seems like a pretty good alternative to me.

I've never heard anyone complain about the tiebreaker until it came to fruition for their own team (and more accurately, after their team lost that game). I could go either way on the tiebreaker. It makes sense to go off the series record, it's also incredibly rare to get a single game in baseball that means so much, and both teams still stay in the playoffs. The best way to stay out of it is to win more games. Just like the best way to absorb a bad call is to make more plays.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

(the potential down turn for the packers in the coming years may help the brewers with ticket sales also?)

tenor.giftenor.gif
#107 5 years ago

Extras!

#109 5 years ago

What a game so far. The wild card games have not disappointed.

#113 5 years ago

Let me help you out

15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
#114 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Awesome... watch the whole game, bottom of the 13th and Spectrum steps up to the plate....[quoted image]

Funny thing is I also have spectrum. How did that even happen?

#118 5 years ago

Yeah, weird, must have been a local issue. We should talk about this, I recommend it to all my tech-savvy friends (not that I think it would have prevented that issue):

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-prime-6/

Congrats to the Rockies. That's a hot team I'm nervous to play. Good season for the cubs, too, thanks for the show.

2 weeks later
#165 5 years ago

Crazy game. Hopefully not the backbreaker it feels like right now.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Did you seriously watch the same game I did? The play was nothing earth shattering but totally uncalled for on Machado's part. Machado is one of the best infielders in baseball today. The sad part is, he knows it. His attitude may eventually end him up on the most disliked players list someday. Nothing worse than great players with an ego.

He's just doing his best to troll Brewer fans.

#223 5 years ago

I'm still pretty bummed, but that was a pretty incredible season. I actually expected to make the playoffs, but I didn't expect to be able to fight our way to gm7 of the NLCS. It was cool to see the new talent we brought in play so well. There's a lot of positives to take into next season.

This WS will be a tough watch for me, the personalities of Puig and Machado have really worn thin for me after this series, and I'm just not a fan of Boston sports.

#237 5 years ago

I really like Brian Andersen. He definitely has the talent to go on to the national stage (more than he does now), but I think he likes the flexibility we offer. Attanasio allows him to go off and do other gigs (like the NCAA tourney) without much trouble. He seems to really like WI, and has really come into his own.

#261 5 years ago

Make that 5-4

#273 5 years ago

Congrats to the red sox. I really thought LA was going to turn things around after that 18 inning marathon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mlb-2018-play-ball?tu=Deaconblooze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.