• Los Angeles Dodgers 16 votes
    13%
  • Colorado Rockies 6 votes
    5%
  • Atlanta Braves 4 votes
    3%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20181027_215424 (resized).jpg
41F2729E-FAAC-438B-9B39-202BA832726F (resized).png
gettyimages-517444476-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
6302 (resized).jpeg
source.gif
thC6ZLHI0U (resized).jpg
th2W4QJSU3 (resized).jpg
045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg
15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
TRIBE (resized).png

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

6 hours 25 minutes later bottom of the 15th longest game in WS history, and still not over what a great game!

postseason extra innings are baseball at its finest.

#252 1 year ago

It’s almost 3:30am. It’s bascially time to make breakfast if this makes it to the 18th inning.

#253 1 year ago

18th inning Larry King looks like it's way past his bedtime.

#254 1 year ago

I can only watch "games in 3" you get the best parts of the game in a half hour but for the most part I can't stand baseball anymore. A bunch of dickheads who point at the sky everytime they get a hit as if their imaginary friend has anything to do with it, then theres Boston and New york with massive payrolls, anyone else sick of those 2 cities? Oh you can throw Chicago in there as well. Enjoy the series

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

18th inning Larry King looks like it's way past his bedtime.

Larry King? Did somebody say "Larry King?"
I thought so.

#256 1 year ago

Anyway...
Great game!
One for the ages.

#257 1 year ago

I was out in the garage shopping out one of my machines watching the game and drinking a few beers. As it went into extra innings I switched to Jack but kept watching as I finished my shop job. Classic how they used Kershaw as a pinch hitter and I had a feeling all along Muncy would be a hero.

It must have been after 4 AM on the east coast. Wouldn't you know I was out taking a leak when Muncie hit that blast to end it.

Hopefully, just like what happened in the series with the Brewers, that long game played right into the Dodgers hands as it looked to wear the other team down especially the pitching, perhaps for tonight's game and tomorrow's as well.

#258 1 year ago

I guarantee you Trevor story would have made that throw from second base game over!

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wouldn't you know I was out taking a leak when Muncie hit that blast to end it.

4-4 battle. Don't leave that TV.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

4-4 battle. Don't leave that TV.

For sure!
Here we go again?!!

#261 1 year ago

Make that 5-4

#262 1 year ago

Go for it o-din!

#263 1 year ago

8-4

Take your time.

#264 1 year ago

LOL what's this all about.

20181027_215424 (resized).jpg
#265 1 year ago
#266 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

LOL what's this all about.
[quoted image]

11 (resized).jpg
#267 1 year ago

Man, it's a shame the Dodgers couldn't get it done with an enormous payroll like the Red Sox have.... lol...

Congrats to the largest payroll in Baseball, membership definitely has its privileges.

Great season for the Sox... they earned it.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Man, it's a shame the Dodgers couldn't get it done with an enormous payroll like the Red Sox have.... lol...
Congrats to the largest payroll in Baseball, membership definitely has its privileges.
Great season for the Sox... they earned it.

people keep saying "biggest payroll" stuff but stats show only a minor correlation indicating payroll is what wins games or WS.

Numerous people have run the numbers and year to year it accounts for around a poor regression (typically .05 to .1 and you want to be .70 before you can even say that it is a good indicator)

#269 1 year ago

Congrats to the World Champion Red Sox! 119 total wins including playoffs - a helluva season!

Until next year now. Go Cubs in 2019!

#270 1 year ago

Well congrats Red Sox. Big fan all my life growing up in Maine. They had a great team this year. Could be their best team ever. Dodgers were a damn good team also. Big win!

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

people keep saying "biggest payroll" stuff but stats show only a minor correlation indicating payroll is what wins games or WS.
Numerous people have run the numbers and year to year it accounts for around a poor regression (typically .05 to .1 and you want to be .70 before you can even say that it is a good indicator)

Since 2000, only two WS winners were below the league average in payroll. The other 16 were above the league average. The payroll average overall for the last 18 WS winners is 6th overall.

Does money gaurantee a WS? Nope. Does it improve your odds? I think it does....

Either way, my comment was a joke... no one should feel bad that their 198 million dollar franchise lost to a 230 million dollar franchise.

The only winners here are MLB. These gauranteed contracts are mind numbing.

#272 1 year ago

We have a great team here in Colorado! We can't compete with those big Market huge money teams.

#273 1 year ago

Congrats to the red sox. I really thought LA was going to turn things around after that 18 inning marathon.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

We have a great team here in Colorado! We can't compete with those big Market huge money teams.

Denver has a higher population than Boston. No?

#275 1 year ago

My mistake Denver population is higher than Boston. All these people coming here for the legal weed we don't want anymore stay away.

#276 1 year ago

Couldn't have ended any better than with a Machado strikeout! haha. He's a dick. So glad he's out of Baltimore. No hustle and cocky.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Couldn't have ended any better than with a Machado strikeout! haha. He's a dick. So glad he's out of Baltimore. No hustle and cocky.

Guys like that are a poison and will fester.
Only a matter of time.
Dodgers would do well to say "adios muchacho!"

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Quoted from Captainhook:

My mistake Denver population is higher than Boston. All these people coming here for the legal weed we don't want anymore stay away.

The Boston metropolitan area is considerably larger than the Denver metro area though (4.8 Mil vs 2.9 Mil).

#279 1 year ago

Congrats to the Red Sox..their best players were a lot better then the dodgers best players. Kershaw was mediocre at best again, and Roberts with a bunch of questionable calls..it’ll be interesting to see what changes in LA..Machado will be gone, as Segar will be healthy..Dozier was disappointing, as was a lot of player in the finals..

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

higher elevation yeah

#281 1 year ago

Higher means happier. LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 269.00
Lighting - Led
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside