th2W4QJSU3 (resized).jpg
045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
TRIBE (resized).png
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

In Kershaw I trust...
[quoted image]

lol

I never realized that LA was so bucolic!

#152 5 years ago

Hmmm, my Dodgers prediction isn’t looking so good.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Hmmm, my Dodgers prediction isn’t looking so good.

Apparently your post was before the Dodgers came back in today's game and took home field advantage in the series.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Apparently your post was before the Dodgers came back in today's game and took home field advantage in the series.

I know! I posted that way too soon

#155 5 years ago

This Astros game is crazy...hit batters...an ump hit....Red Sox manager ejected.

GO STROS!!!

#156 5 years ago

Man...crickets here....figured there would be some good trash talk going on by now.

Only game one of the Red Sox series so it’s far from over. Unless you Red Sox fans concede it’s over.....Brewers/ Dodgers are split so it could get interesting.

Bregman has become the heart and soul of this Astros team. Hottest player right know I think. Not the MVP for this year but discussion worthy.

If you had to look at game one and pick a team it’s hard to deny the Astros are looking to go back to back.

#157 5 years ago

Is it just me or does one of the announcers calling the game on TV sound like James Woods?

#158 5 years ago

Brewers/Dodgers series is super close. Both teams were a hit away from being up 2-0. Now we're down to a five game series. I love playoff baseball...except for all the pitching changes.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Is it just me or does one of the announcers calling the game on TV sound like James Woods?

Gonna check and use this as a guide:

#160 5 years ago

Yeah 4 hr games are a little long. Sometimes you just gotta let a pitcher settle in....playoffs are do or die and managers can sometimes pull them too quick. And yeah the chess match of putting a pitcher in to face a single batter gets old but it’s part of the strategy and the rules. MLB keeps saying they want to work to shorten the games and limiting pitching changes could help with that.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I swear Ron Darling sounds just like Jason Segel....

#163 5 years ago

If I still had to win a single game, I want Kershaw pitching. Game 1 was a little crazy. Errors, pass balls, and a really tough walk in the 4th when he clearly threw a 3rd strike. It all unraveled from there. But his previous 5 postseason games he was 3-0 with something like a 2.3 ERA. I still trust his ability more than anybody else on the pitching staff.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If I still had to win a single game, I want Kershaw pitching. Game 1 was a little crazy. Errors

4 errors. lol. And still making the game close at the end. He'll get another chance.

#165 5 years ago

Crazy game. Hopefully not the backbreaker it feels like right now.

#166 5 years ago

I Love october baseball!!!! not to fond of the new Manny Machado

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I Love october baseball!!!! not to fond of the new Manny Machado

It is the same Machado it has always been.... more people get to see it right now though.

Pitching has been crazy good in the NLCS. Fun to watch, it has been a chess match.

#168 5 years ago

Machado pulled a punk move. Yeah, it was a bit cheeky leaving the foot there, but there's no need to even recognize it. Just don't cause a scene.

Bellinger had huge plays on both sides of the ball last night and saved the Dodgers' chances in the series. There was no way they were going to win three straight against this team.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Machado pulled a punk move. Yeah, it was a bit cheeky leaving the foot there, but there's no need to even recognize it. Just don't cause a scene.
Bellinger had huge plays on both sides of the ball last night and saved the Dodgers' chances in the series. There was no way they were going to win three straight against this team.

He’s a little shit.

#170 5 years ago

I decided I was going to hang out in the garage and drink a few beers, play a little pinball, and watch the game last night. Needless to say, by the time the game was over, I was out of beer.

#171 5 years ago

Can’t believe I managed to stay up for the whole game..I wouldn’t of cared if my dog peed on my floor, I wasn’t moving. was a childish bs action by Machado at 1st base..and thank you Bellinger for a huge catch - extremely timely walk off hit!!

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Machado pulled a punk move. Yeah, it was a bit cheeky leaving the foot there, but there's no need to even recognize it.

That wasnt the only time he acted unprofessional on the basepath this series. Hes been called out twice befor for contact at 2nd base. Hes a middle infielder he knows better. Maybe auglar would have been able to catch that walk off hit if he had a good ankle...

#173 5 years ago

That wasnt the only time he acted unprofessional on the basepath this series. Hes been called out twice befor for contact at 2nd base. Hes a middle infielder he knows better. Maybe auglar would have been able to catch that walk off hit if he had a good ankle...

Or he wasn't overweight...

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Or he wasn't overweight...

1st baseman can't be overweight lol. just not possible

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

That was clean base running combined with a baseman leaving his foot on the plate. Just baseball as far as I am concerned.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was clean base running combined with a baseman leaving his foot on the plate. Just baseball as far as I am concerned.

Can't agree ... looks pretty intentional. Apparently MLB thinks so too as it has now fined Machado.

#177 5 years ago

I know it looked cheap in slo-mo but what exactly was he supposed to do with his foot if the baseman's foot is blocking the way?

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know it looked cheap but what exactly was he supposed to do with his foot if the baseman's foot is blocking the way?

My impartial (no dog in this fight) opinion from watching it is that it looks like he could have easily avoided making contact (and still touched the base) instead of dragging his foot into Aguilar's. I guess Machado wanted to make a point somehow.

#179 5 years ago

Well they do have a lot of new rules in regards to interfering with basemen.

I like the days when you just mowed him over and he dropped the ball.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know it looked cheap but what exactly was he supposed to do with his foot if the baseman's foot is blocking the way?

Well..the first baseman was only on the infield side of the bag... the other half of the bag was COMPLETELY open....he was clearly thrown out. No question it was intentional. He could have easy moves slightly to his rightZ if he was trying to beat the throw he would not be dragging his foot.

Ban the guy from the league. Cheap shots are just that....cheap. The guy is a bum. Ban him from the league. Same should be done for cheap shot players from all pro sports. Suh should be banned from the NFL. Plenty more I could name.

It should be considered a PRIVILEGE to play pro sports and make a TON of money. Sports is often touted as a positive influence for young kids/adults.

Bad apples should not be be given the opportunity....not that they can’t change but the big payday, fame, role model celebrity status should be offered to those that truly display what sorts is about...sportsmanship. Enough said on this.

GO STROS!!!

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well they do have a lot of new rules in regards to interfering with basemen.
I like the days when you just mowed him over and he dropped the ball.

If the bag is blocked then hell yeah there should be contact/collision.....fielders are not supposed to block the bases...

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Well..the first baseman was only on the infield side of the bag... the other half of the bag was COMPLETELY open....he was clearly thrown out. No question it was intentional. He could have easy moves slightly to his rightZ if he was trying to beat the throw he would not be dragging his foot.
Ban the guy from the league. Cheap shots are just that....cheap. The guy is a bum. Ban him from the league. Same should be done for cheap shot players from all pro sports. Suh should be banned from the NFL. Plenty more I could name.
It should be considered a PRIVILEGE to play pro sports and make a TON of money. Sports is often touted as a positive influence for young kids/adults.
Bad apples should be be given the opportunity....not that they can’t change but the big payday, fame, role model celebrity status should be offered to those that truly display what sorts is about...sportsmanship. Enough said on this.
GO STROS!!!

Sorry but if they are not banning players that abuse PEDs like Braun then someone running a straight baseline and making a point to not take the bag to a fat firstbaseman aint going to get banned.

He has had dirty plays before, but that was a straight line and the runner can drag a foot just in case. In this case, it was obvious his intent but so what. Play the dam game and do it without drugs should be priority one.

#183 5 years ago

2 different issues...PED users should be banned or just change the rules to allow them take anything they want.

No tolerance for dirty players period.

We can discuss this crap in the off-season...back to the playoffs

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did you seriously watch the same game I did? The play was nothing earth shattering but totally uncalled for on Machado's part. Machado is one of the best infielders in baseball today. The sad part is, he knows it. His attitude may eventually end him up on the most disliked players list someday. Nothing worse than great players with an ego.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Did you seriously watch the same game I did? The play was nothing earth shattering but totally uncalled for on Machado's part. Machado is one of the best infielders in baseball today. The sad part is, he knows it. His attitude may eventually end him up on the most disliked players list someday. Nothing worse than great players with an ego.

Runner was on a straight line and did not divert. He drug his foot over the top of the bag. Bag belongs to the runner, it is that simple. Jesus should not have been over the top of the bag at all, esp since he did not need to. People are crying because it was Machado and they love the bad boy story, esp since yelich cried about it after the game. It all is just about the man drama.

Funny that this is even the story since that was a great game and the small incident was really a nothing burger. Just a game, play baseball.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He's just doing his best to troll Brewer fans.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He's just doing his best to troll Brewer fans.

Nah, brewers are playing some great ball.

I do think it is funny/sad how much the local feeds have blown up over all this but were largely silent while braun PEDs occurred or even worse made excuses on his behalf. Seems standard fair for WI though. Their sports icons can do no wrong but then something like this blows up.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Runner was on a straight line and did not divert. He drug his foot over the top of the bag. Bag belongs to the runner, it is that simple.

Again, not sure what game you watched. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

#189 5 years ago

if the mlb thinks machado was wrong and issued a fine, then that means machado was REALLY wrong. he's had warnings, hes a infielder he knows better. Not to mention he threw a temper tantrum that would rival my 1 year old when he failed to call time before the pitch. i enjoyed his play with baltamore but now i see his true colors. I think L.A. went to his head!!! i mean just look at this hair! lol

#190 5 years ago

nothing upsets me more then watching some drunk fool in the stands ruin things for his team. I mean hes a grown ass adult acting like a fool over a 10$dollar baseball. No souvenir is worth taking a HR away from altuve!

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nah, brewers are playing some great ball.
I do think it is funny/sad how much the local feeds have blown up over all this but were largely silent while braun PEDs occurred or even worse made excuses on his behalf. Seems standard fair for WI though. Their sports icons can do no wrong but then something like this blows up.

Chicago fans were ready to lynch /kill a person over “interfering” with an uncatchable ball not too long ago . Yeah sports fans are insane doesn’t matter what state you are in or what sport/ team you root for .

#192 5 years ago

steve bartman stuck his glove over the wall, it was a fair ball he messed with. They let him back in after they won the WS, like 20 years later.

#193 5 years ago

Manny was wrong for what he did and was fined for it, but that first baseman was trying to mess with him and even stuck his big butt out slightly in hope of maybe hip checking him. If you mess with Manny, Expect Manny to mess back.

Milwaukee looks like the better team, and could have easily swept the Dodgers, but like I thought might happen before the series started, their lack of playoff experience is catching up to them. They’ve got a case of the yips.

#194 5 years ago

nothing upsets me more then watching some drunk fool in the stands ruin things for his team. I mean hes a grown ass adult acting like a fool over a 10$dollar baseball. No souvenir is worth taking a HR away from altuve!

Fan interference sucks...we will never truly know if he would have caught the ball or not.

Reagardless the Astros have had opportunities to score but didn’t. Can’t blame this game on a call that could have gone either way.

Astros are capable of winning 3 straight but Red Sox are hitting better right now. I think it will come down to pitching....Astros have to be lights out for 3 straight games.....

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Fan interference sucks...we will never truly know if he would have caught the ball or not.
Reagardless the Astros have had opportunities to score but didn’t. Can’t blame this game on a call that could have gone either way.
Astros are capable of winning 3 straight but Red Sox are hitting better right now. I think it will come down to pitching....Astros have to be lights out for 3 straight games.....

It seems pretty obvious he would have caught he ball.

#196 5 years ago

Meh, no sympathy for the fan interference call. The Astros benefited greatly last year when the MLB changed the baseballs RIGHT BEFORE the World Series. That was the gift of a lifetime. Totally ruined the Dodgers' ability to throw curves and breaking balls and favored the hard throwing pitchers the Astros had.

That said, the fan probably wasn't over the line into the field of play. Seemed like it shouldn't have been fan interference. Betts would have caught it, but if it's over the wall, fans are free to reach for it.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Runner was on a straight line and did not divert. He drug his foot over the top of the bag. Bag belongs to the runner, it is that simple.

That's what I saw and with the speed with which he was running, how the heck was he supposed to switch feet so his left foot would hit the the bag and not his right? But he was fined and that's that and at this point it's all neither here nor there.

The Dodgers had to fight real hard to get to the position they are in now and it's still not a done deal. As a lifelong Angels fan, it can be tough to say, but Go Dodgers!!!

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Meh, no sympathy for the fan interference call. The Astros benefited greatly last year when the MLB changed the baseballs RIGHT BEFORE the World Series. That was the gift of a lifetime. Totally ruined the Dodgers' ability to throw curves and breaking balls and favored the hard throwing pitchers the Astros had.
That said, the fan probably wasn't over the line into the field of play. Seemed like it shouldn't have been fan interference. Betts would have caught it, but if it's over the wall, fans are free to reach for it.

The ball lands in the stands, it's a home run. In this case, the ball landed on the field of play, no home run. It's either an out or a double in this case, as Betts threw the ball in and Altuve was on second. Either way, the 'Stros only get one run there not 2. They lost by 2.

#199 5 years ago

Ahhh...
What would October baseball be without controversy.

#200 5 years ago

F the red sox....

that is all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mlb-2018-play-ball/page/4?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.