th2W4QJSU3 (resized).jpg
045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
TRIBE (resized).png
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol, reading comprehension fail'd.
I am not the one that thought allstar gave home field... That was Tim.

Quoted from Whysnow:

The good baseball fans also agree that the all star is just as stupid.
Go Cubs Go!
Hopefully they can pull one out today on yet another day of no rest.

#102 5 years ago

Save Chief Wahoooooooo!!!!

TRIBE (resized).pngTRIBE (resized).png
#103 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's not that we don't want to support our team, we do, but not enough to tollerate those particular Cubs fans.

I fell the same way and TRUST me, living in WI and being a supporter of Cubs and Bears means I get plenty of BS on a regular basis.

You would be amazed how wearing a Bears Jersey (#34 means nothing to many) or my beloved and ragged cubs hat gets all sorts of insanely rude and stupid things said to me in WI. Living in WI, you have to deal with it for 9-10 games a year if you go to a cubs game (I actually find that paying a little extra for better seats helps avoid that crowd on both the brewers and cubs side... I deal with it any day I wear gear in public.

PLENTY of asshole Brewers fans and Packers fans to deal with. It goes both way and WI fans can be some of the worst down right mean people I have ever seen (I think the alcohol consumption usually fuels it, but it does not make it OK)

Quoted from mkecasey:

Let's not pretend like the Cubs (or most sports teams for that matter) haven't had undesirables in the past. You can hate Braun for PEDs but don't forget about Sosa. You can hate on hader for his racist comments, but don't forget about Russell's (alleged) physical abuse towards his ex-wife.
Point being, both teams (and many, many teams) have shitty people on them. It's the unfortunate reality. But I'm a Brewers fan, not necessarily a Braun or Hader fan. I don't own any merchandise for Braun and will never. I doubt you support the (alleged) actions of Russell, but you still love your team.
We can all cheer for the teams we love (and we all should). But I don't think it's fair to cast a black eye on Milwaukee when that team (as a whole) has incredible talent. Just like Chicago has incredible talent (both this year and in years past).

oh, I completely agree. Granted Braun is enough of a black eye that he should have been let go. Pretty obvious he is still using.

Hader said some stupid stuff but was man enough to apologize and appears to want to grow beyond that (always nice as the kid has major talent).

Every team has their black eyes, but I would like to see fewer fans stick up for them and more condemn these actions (the standing ovation Hader got after news of his racist tweets broke was disgusting to watch).

If true, Addison needs to be banned for life! disgusting behavior and career ban worthy.

#104 5 years ago

I’m a huge Dodgers fan so I’ve gotta pick them for the WS. It would be cool to see the A’s go to the WS. 88 rematch. My honest opinion though is that it will be Dodgers/Red Sox.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Granted Braun is enough of a black eye that he should have been let go. Pretty obvious he is still using.

His batting average is .254 on the season, hardly ROID numbers and the worst of his career.

#107 5 years ago

Extras!

#108 5 years ago

On to the 13th. Aye yi yi.

Interesting game fact: 47th game in 49 days for Cubs.

#109 5 years ago

What a game so far. The wild card games have not disappointed.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

What a game so far. The wild card games have not disappointed.

Neither have the unecessary tiebreakers.

#111 5 years ago

Awesome... watch the whole game, bottom of the 13th and Spectrum steps up to the plate....

20181002_235958 (resized).jpg20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
#112 5 years ago

Crap.

Congrats to the Rockies and good luck against the Brewers.

#113 5 years ago

Let me help you out

15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
#114 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Awesome... watch the whole game, bottom of the 13th and Spectrum steps up to the plate....[quoted image]

Funny thing is I also have spectrum. How did that even happen?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Crap.
Congrats to the Rockies and good luck against the Brewers.

Nice... didnt see any of the bottom of the 13th... In my mind I am picturing a minivan plastered with Cubs bumper stickers plowing through the Charter broadcast facility.

#116 5 years ago

Funny thing is I also have spectrum. How did that even happen?

WTF?? Seriously? This was the ONLY channel showing this error too. Tried it on two tvs and my phone... same error.

#117 5 years ago

That truly sucks!

At least your team will be on again though. Hopefully no repeat with the broadcast issue.

#118 5 years ago

Yeah, weird, must have been a local issue. We should talk about this, I recommend it to all my tech-savvy friends (not that I think it would have prevented that issue):

https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-prime-6/

Congrats to the Rockies. That's a hot team I'm nervous to play. Good season for the cubs, too, thanks for the show.

#119 5 years ago

Yeah, weird, must have been a local issue. We should talk about this, I recommend it to all my tech-savvy friends (not that I think it would have prevented that issue):
https://www.silicondust.com/product/hdhomerun-prime-6/
Congrats to the Rockies. That's a hot team I'm nervous to play. Good season for the cubs, too, thanks for the show.

I have 6 Rokus in my house with the Charter app on them. They are nothing short of amazing. I only have one Charter box, as its required, but dont even have it plugged in.

There is no limit to number of streams since they all register with the same mac address on the router.

#120 5 years ago

congrats rockies. Have fun the rest of the way.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

WTF?? Seriously? This was the ONLY channel showing this error too. Tried it on two tvs and my phone... same error.

it is called karma

but that said, Charter completely sucks balls. Shit company with a shit product, but when you are the only option out there people are stuck with it.

#122 5 years ago

I am thinking Brewers, Dodgers, Red Sox, Astros.

#123 5 years ago

Awesome Game! Yanks all the way!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#124 5 years ago

Made this for my old man, he seems to think it’s good mojo for the Yanks! Haha. Not my team, Dodgers all the way!!

155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
#125 5 years ago

<crickets>

?!

Dodgers up 2-0 over Braves!
Brewers up 2-0 over Rockies!
Astros up 2-0 over Indians!
Red Sox & Yankees tied up 1-1!

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

&lt;crickets&gt;
?!
Dodgers up 2-0 over Braves!
Brewers up 2-0 over Rockies!
Astros up 2-0 over Indians!
Red Sox &amp; Yankees tied up 1-1!

Pretty much going as expected at this point. Big win by the Yankees, but the next couple at NY will be interesting as their starting pitching will need to show up stronger than the regular season.

#127 5 years ago

Let's go Yankees, clap - clap - clap clap clap!

#128 5 years ago

Unless it’s an ultimate collapse the Astros are moving on.....gonna be a good series vs Yanks or the Redsox...Too soon to call but unless someone steps up to shut the Dodgers down will we see a repeat of last years World Series....would like a Stros and Brewers series.....can’t get enough Harry Doyle LOL!

#129 5 years ago

Hope that the dodgers defeat the Braves this afternoon..that grand slam hurt last nite..gotta say that the Brewers are playing good ball right now..

#130 5 years ago

Yep - the Brewers seem to be the "destiny" team this year. In the NL anyway.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Unless it’s an ultimate collapse the Astros are moving on.....gonna be a good series vs Yanks or the Redsox...Too soon to call but unless someone steps up to shut the Dodgers down will we see a repeat of last years World Series....would like a Stros and Brewers series.....can’t get enough Harry Doyle LOL!

Houston got it easy this year getting a Cleveland team that played without challenge in an extremely weak AL Central.
We'll see if Bos vs N.Y. will be worth watching.
Houston awaits that series' victor
but should advance.
Atl and Colorado didn't put
up much of a fight.
So far rather ho-hum OTHER than those Brewers! Hoping they take it to LA although the Dodgers appear to be on a mission to avenge last year's missed opportunity.
We shall see!
Hope both LCS' offer more intrigue.

#132 5 years ago

I am proud to say I have been a life long brewer fan. This year is very special. Can't wait to see them compete some more.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I am proud to say I have been a life long brewer fan. This year is very special. Can't wait to see them compete some more.

They certainly look very good. I hope there is at least a game worth watching in the NLCS. so far it has been predictably pretty anti-climactic.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They certainly look very good. I hope there is at least a game worth watching in the NLCS. so far it has been predictably pretty anti-climactic.

The NLDS series was unpredictably anti-climactic for me. I didn't think the Brewers were going to sweep. I expected the Rockies to win at least one of the games and I thought the games would be high scoring.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

The NLDS series was unpredictably anti-climactic for me. I didn't think the Brewers were going to sweep. I expected the Rockies to win at least one of the games and I thought the games would be high scoring.

interesting. I called the Brewers sweep before it started.

So far I think the playoffs have been very predictable. they should start to get interesting now.

I think both AL and NL CS should be better matchups. I am still predicting Brewers and Boston in WS and figure that will go 4-1. Only caveat is if Brewers can finish off Dodgers quickly and continue to get these rest days. I think that is how they stand a shot in WS. Win early and get rest. The bats are hot (even if leaving lots of running in position) and so long as pitchers get days off the timing is right.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

interesting. I called the Brewers sweep before it started.
So far I think the playoffs have been very predictable. they should start to get interesting now.
I think both AL and NL CS should be better matchups. I am still predicting Brewers and Boston in WS and figure that will go 4-1. Only caveat is if Brewers can finish off Dodgers quickly and continue to get these rest days. I think that is how they stand a shot in WS. Win early and get rest. The bats are hot (even if leaving lots of running in position) and so long as pitchers get days off the timing is right.

I don’t think Brewers are getting past the Dodgers, they are hungry to get their chance to go back. When Kershaw is on his game, he’s impossible to get hits on

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I don’t think Brewers are getting past the Dodgers, they are hungry to get their chance to go back. When Kershaw is on his game, he’s impossible to get hits on

Yeah, I am torn... I am in a "pickem" playoff league. I think I am going Brewers though because the Dodgers offense hasn't really been all that great, and Kershaw can't pitch everyday.

Until a month ago, the Dodgers were struggling as a .500 ballclub. They have a lot of talent though, but they luckily don't have homefield.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yeah, I am torn... I am in a "pickem" playoff league. I think I am going Brewers though because the Dodgers offense hasn't really been all that great, and Kershaw can't pitch everyday.
Until a month ago, the Dodgers were struggling as a .500 ballclub. They have a lot of talent though, but they luckily don't have homefield.

is homefield really an advantage in 2 - 3 - 2 ?

Win 1 away and then it shift the advantage quickly.

I am sure the stat is out there somewhere, but I have no idea how to find it.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Win 1 away and then it shift the advantage quickly.
I am sure the stat is out there somewhere, but I have no idea how to find it.

I think it is. If you look at the data for the last 15 years, I think it is like 50/50 as far as results go. Baseball is an entire sport made up of 50/50 records. I would rather the Brewers faced Kershaw in Milwaukee rather than Kershaw in LA. I am hoping for an entertaining series regardless of the winner. I don't even mind watching a pitcher dominate, but admit it is tough to watch "bullpen ball" all the time too. It really slows down a game that needs all the help it can get to keep pace.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think Home field is much of an advantage in baseball anyway. But I agree the 2-3-2 thing is horrible

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think Home field is much of an advantage in baseball anyway. But I agree the 2-3-2 thing is horrible

Yeah, tell that to the '87 and '91 Twins.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah, look at the Yankees ass kicking from last night. In Yankee stadium, that wasn’t even close to a game

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am thinking Brewers, Dodgers, Red Sox, Astros.

well that was 4/4

I think it will be Brewers and Red Sox, but honestly think the MLB would love Dodgers and Red Sox, so that may play against the Brewers.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well that was 4/4
I think it will be Brewers and Red Sox, but honestly think the MLB would love Dodgers and Red Sox, so that may play against the Brewers.

I still think dodgers will take the Brewers. Boston vs Houston.. I’m not sure. Both are hitting teams. I’m thinking the Sox will take it though.

#145 5 years ago

The Brewers deserve to win as they (somehow) managed to beat the best team in the MLB - the CUBS!

Good luck to all remaining teams - should
be some great league championship games!

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I still think dodgers will take the Brewers. Boston vs Houston.. I’m not sure. Both are hitting teams. I’m thinking the Sox will take it though.

I had to pick one team to move on in this round in a survivor league i am in.... i changed course and went Astros.

Their offense is streaky, but has been good the last several weeks, and I think they have the best pitching top to bottom of the 4 remaining teams. It will be fun to watch!

#148 5 years ago

The Astros led the league by wide margin of hitting into double plays.....just think of how many more runs/ games won they could have had but didn’t...if the Astros can avoid hitting into double plays I think it would be hard to not consider them the strong favorite. Even the weaker batters have a knack for getting timely hits.

Go Stros!!!

#149 5 years ago

It's game day! Let's go Brewers!

#150 5 years ago

In Kershaw I trust...

045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mlb-2018-play-ball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.