• Los Angeles Dodgers 16 votes
    13%
  • Colorado Rockies 6 votes
    5%
  • Atlanta Braves 4 votes
    3%

(121 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20181027_215424 (resized).jpg
41F2729E-FAAC-438B-9B39-202BA832726F (resized).png
gettyimages-517444476-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
6302 (resized).jpeg
source.gif
thC6ZLHI0U (resized).jpg
th2W4QJSU3 (resized).jpg
045C7165-B3A0-4D67-8F7E-BECBCA374C48 (resized).jpeg
9FD99526-A032-43C5-A46E-C7EA2C58D2BE (resized).jpeg
155BC371-965E-4D31-BE2B-150D1060443C (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
15385432610635324126060836592073 (resized).jpg
20181002_235958 (resized).jpg
TRIBE (resized).png

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 8 months ago

Opening day for ALL major league teams today!

GO CUBS!

Cubs (resized).png

#2 8 months ago

go Cubs! Best record in baseball right now

#3 8 months ago

Lets rock n roll!

lead_960 (resized).jpg

920x920 (resized).jpg

#4 8 months ago

Rodney serves up a
cookie in the 11th as Twins lose.
Never liked him, never will.
Waste a great 2run rally in the ninth.

#5 8 months ago

We beat Clayton Kershaw with Ty Blach. Got to love it!

SF-Giants-Logo (resized).jpg

#6 8 months ago

Let's go Jays!!

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Opening day for ALL major league teams today!
GO CUBS!

if all games could start like that walk off, I would be a happy camper!

#8 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if all games could start like that walk off, I would be a happy camper!

Yeah, pretty cool - the very first pitch of the new MLB season and it's outta there!

Hopefully an omen for Happ's and the Cubs' 2018 seasons.

#9 8 months ago

I have always bled dodger blue..

D48DF7DC-857A-4924-BFCC-46E641D6875F (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#10 8 months ago

Sno-ball being played here in the Twin Cities.
We'll just have to wait till spring.

1 month later
#11 6 months ago

Jose Bautista lasted 32 at bats with the Atlanta Braves...lol. They cut ties with him.

I bet the jays sign him now . . . . ugh

2 months later
#12 4 months ago

First walk-off grand slam when down 3-0 SINCE 1936 ... SWEEEET!

The 37th come from behind victory for the Cubs so far this season. Go Cubs!!!

#13 4 months ago

Shouldnt you be a Nationals fan? Also this thread is a pretty good indicator of just how dead MLB really is. It has generated only 12 posts in four months. .

#14 4 months ago

Go A’s!!!!!

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shouldnt you be a Nationals fan? Also this thread is a pretty good indicator of just how dead MLB really is. It has generated only 12 posts in four months. .

lol

MLB is just spoken about on so many other sites.

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
MLB is just spoken about on so many other sites.

True but all you gotta do is look in the stands of most stadiums and its pretty obvious that nobody cares anymore.

#17 4 months ago

I got to watch 2 Cleveland Indians games the weekend before last and the stadium was sold out both nights. I care, Go Tribe !

I don't care about the NFL, haven't watched in 2 years.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

True but all you gotta do is look in the stands of most stadiums and its pretty obvious that nobody cares anymore.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nationals?! Grew up and lived in Chicago for 40 years and have been a lifetime Cubs fan. Mariners are my American League team.

This thread hasn't exactly had a lot of exposure here since it's a pinball forum. Five posts in the last hour besides mine though.

And FWIW, major league baseball is far from dead. I just wish it was cheaper to go to a game.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wrong Washington...

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Wrong Washington...

Really? How come nobody is sitting in the seats at most baseball parks then?

#22 4 months ago

Thats a lie Whysnow. I can promise you that Cincinnati is DEFINITELY NOT getting an average od 20k fans per game. Theres been games that i bet you there wasnt 1,000 people sitting in the stands. No way those numbers are accurate.

#23 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats a lie Whysnow. I can promise you that Cincinnati is DEFINITELY NOT getting an average od 20k fans per game. Theres been games that i bet you there wasnt 1,000 people sitting in the stands. No way those numbers are accurate.

really? that is only half full

Half full in a stadium that big looks like nobody is there.

#24 4 months ago

This twitter account focuses on empty seats at pro sporting events....

https://twitter.com/EmptySeatsPics

#25 4 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? that is only half full
Half full in a stadium that big looks like nobody is there.

There has been games where ive told my gf....look, i bet there isnt 500 people there at the game. I mean the seats were totally empty. There are some cities that still do well but Cincinnati is for sure not averaging 20k fans per game this year.

#26 4 months ago

The Reds are averaging 20,723 per home game. Here's 2018 MLB teams' attendance stats so far courtesy of ESPN:

(CLICK on doc to see full-size)

2018 MLB Attendance.pdf

#27 4 months ago

The Reds are averaging 20,723 per home game. Here's full 2018 attendance stats so far courtesy of ESPN:
[quoted image]

Yes i saw that and trust me its not true. Its not even close to being true.

#28 4 months ago

The Reds are averaging 20,723 per home game. Here's 2018 MLB teams' attendance stats so far courtesy of ESPN:
[quoted image]

Wow, 1/2 of all Major League teams draw a bigger crowd on the ROAD than at home!

#29 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:Yes i saw that and trust me its not true. Its not even close to being true.

Well, "attendance" may be defined by tickets sold rather than actual butts in the stands, but I don't know either way in this case.

You're not contending that a major sports league and/or network would purposely misstate attendance numbers are you?!

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Wow, 1/2 of all Major League teams draw a bigger crowd on the ROAD than at home!

The home team has something to do with the draw too. The main reason why teams love to play at Wrigley!

#30 4 months ago

Well, "attendance" may be defined by tickets sold rather than actual butts in the stands, but I don't know either way in this case.

This could be true. As far as them not telling the truth about attendance? It certainly wouldnt surprise me.

#31 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really? How come nobody is sitting in the seats at most baseball parks then?

Washington, DC is the Nats.

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Washington, DC is the Nats.

Oh ok i got ya now lol. Duh

#33 4 months ago

It’s nice when your team is still in playoff contention in mid August! Phillies fan here and it’s been awhile. Even in a big market like Philly, attendance isn’t near what it should be for a team hovering in and out of first place at this time of year.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also this thread is a pretty good indicator of just how dead MLB really is. It has generated only 12 posts in four months. .

Hey - there's a flame next to this thread heading now - thanks Who-Dey!

Just like MLB: Hot! Hot! Hot!

#35 4 months ago

At least im good for something. I may be known one day as the man who saved baseball.

#36 4 months ago
Quoted from Brett-L:

It’s nice when your team is still in playoff contention in mid August! Phillies fan here and it’s been awhile. Even in a big market like Philly, attendance isn’t near what it should be for a team hovering in and out of first place at this time of year.

you and me brother, like to see them start hitting a little better

#37 4 months ago

there is always the little league world series, always enjoy those games

1 month later
#38 75 days ago

The playoffs are on!

Congrats to the Brewers for taking the NL Central. To the victors go the spoils of home field advantage thru the NLCS.

The Cubs now have to take the harder wildcard route now and will host the winner of the Dodgers/Rockies NL West tiebreaker game to be played later today.

GO CUBS!!!

#39 75 days ago

Insane to have 2 of these tie breakers. A big sigh of relief from me, as good as it is to be in the post-season, the single wildcard game is a very scary place to be.

#40 75 days ago

It’s already WILD here at Miller Park - fans buying Division Champs merchandise.

The store is staying open all night (24 hour sale).

#41 75 days ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

It’s already WILD here at Miller Park - fans buying Division Champs merchandise.
The store is staying open all night (24 hour sale).

Quite a stretch run by the Brewers to take the div at the end! They are playing well and will be tough to beat in the NL.

#42 75 days ago

bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Zero reason to do these tie breaker games when you already had 19 games in the season to determine a tie.

Puts an already overworked team due to so many rain delays/ snow delays at a huge disadvantage to have to play this BS and then the wild card.

Meanwhile Braun is shooting up deer antler hormone while he played 30% of the games this year.

#43 75 days ago

My team is out so I am rooting for the Brew Crew.

#44 75 days ago

Bronx Bombers with the Massive Home Run record!

#45 75 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Zero reason to do these tie breaker games when you already had 19 games in the season to determine a tie.
Puts an already overworked team due to so many rain delays/ snow delays at a huge disadvantage to have to play this BS and then the wild card.
Meanwhile Braun is shooting up deer antler hormone while he played 30% of the games this year.

If you win more games there's no reason for a tiebreaker. Tastes like sour grapes to me!

#46 75 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

If you win more games there's no reason for a tiebreaker. Tastes like sour grapes to me!

Cubs did win more games. 11-8 in regular season.
Just sad to see a team set up for failure with scheduling issues and forced make up games and it all boils down to the money play from the MLB for this tie breaker crap. Season is too long already.

#47 75 days ago
#48 75 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

#49 75 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cubs did win more games. 11-8 in regular season.
Just sad to see a team set up for failure with scheduling issues and forced make up games and it all boils down to the money play from the MLB for this tie breaker crap. Season is too long already.

Every team has tough schedules at various parts of the year. The Brewers played 30 games in 30 days going into the All-Star break.

Your Cubs aren't setup for failure because of the MLB... they are setup for failure because they have a GM that doesn't know how to read a medical report during free agency, and a shortstop with some severe character issues.

I agree with you that the season is too long though. It should run end of May to beginning of September.

#50 75 days ago

Let's go Brewers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 85.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
€ 15.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
€ 50.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
€ 40.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 19.95
Apparel - Women
Pinball Wheezer
$ 44.95
Playfield - Other
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside