(Topic ID: 199020)

MLB 2017 playoffs - the Astros are champs!

By Tuna_Delight

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5EC49316-FB0F-4ACB-A13C-58A711237D7F (resized).png
    image-picsay (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    Minute Maid Stadium (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    GoDodgers-752x440 (resized).jpg
    ScreenShot2013-10-16at10.13.28AM_crop_exact (resized).png
    33 (resized).jpg
    620011 (resized).jpg
    Tumbleweed (resized).jpg
    ZomboMeme 19102017201208 (resized).jpg
    Lasorda Tom 51.82 NBL (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Cub fury (resized).jpg
    picard-facepalm (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Go Cubs!

Happy-Old-Cubs-Logo- (resized).jpgHappy-Old-Cubs-Logo- (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Sox. Red. mic drop.

Better pick that mic back up. They still need to clinch their division.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

One game wild card playoffs and a team getting a bye and all teams celebrating with champagne for making the playoffs no way, bring me hockey which starts Wed, go Pens, but glad to see the Cubs and Dbacks in the playoffs.

Hockey over baseball PLAYOFFS?! You must be a transplanted Canadian.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not Canadian but yes Hockey is a much better game especially the playoffs.

No byes, but NHL playoffs start with 16 teams - more than half the league! This diminishes the importance of the regular season too much for me.

I prefer the MLB's system as a team has to work harder to make the playoffs.

#30 6 years ago

Looking to add a poll now that teams are set if I can get Robin or a moderator to allow me to do so. I was under the impression that I could add this at any time, but apparently that's not the case.

#35 6 years ago

Gotta imagine that they're the "hungriest" given how close they came last year.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's pretty obvious the Dodgers have been the best overall team this year with the best record in baseball. How that will translate to the playoffs, we'll just have to wait and see.

Overall - yeah with 104 wins. They were white hot for much of the first half of the season, but they've cooled down some since.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And heated back up just in time for the playoffs.

As you said o-din, we shall see how that translates to the playoffs. Play ball!

And GO CUBS!!!

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

The NY Yankees seem to have it all. Great starting pitching, power, speed, defense,great bullpen and some of the best young players in baseball. They will be tough to beat. Judge is great but look out for Gary Sanchez to emerge.

I've always admired their classic uniforms.

Gotta look good! The rest will follow.

#71 6 years ago

Yankees move on. Should be a great match up with the Indians!

#73 6 years ago

On to LA for the Diamondbacks.

#79 6 years ago

Cubs win! Cubs win!

41FD07bGmcL._SL500_AC_SS350_ (resized).jpg41FD07bGmcL._SL500_AC_SS350_ (resized).jpg

#81 6 years ago

Nice comeback by the Indians! Yankees are on the ropes.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dodgers right where they want to be.

So are the Cubs. Watch out Dodgers!

#93 6 years ago

Red Sox and Yankees survive to see Game 4.

LOVE the "Do or Die" competition!

#107 6 years ago

Wow. Cleveland out! Never woulda thunk it after the season they had and going up 2-0 in a 5 game series.

#118 6 years ago

41FD07bGmcL._SL500_AC_SS350_ (resized).jpg41FD07bGmcL._SL500_AC_SS350_ (resized).jpg

On to LA!

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

We might see a throwback World Series between the Dodgers and Yankees. Which present player on the Yankees would play the villain?

Nah - much rather see a Cubs vs Yankees World Series.

Imagine if Judge were to call his shot ala the Babe at Wrigley in the '32 Series!

#139 6 years ago

Lucky Dodgers!

#141 6 years ago

Unfortunately, the Cubs' relievers appear to need much more than that this year. Not a good situation to say the least.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Picture the scene from The Dark Knight Rises where Bane breaks Batman's back. Now replace Bane with Justin Turner and Batman with the Cubs.
    That's what just happened to end game two in L.A.

Ah dirtbag66 - welcome to the 2017 playoffs thread! It just hasn't been the same without your bitter White Sox fan perspective.

#150 6 years ago

Cubs sure could use more pitching talent - particularly in relief. I admire Chapman's heat, but his control (or lack of it) always made me a bit nervous. Still, losing him was more of a negative and one of a number of reasons the balance has shifted to the Dodgers this year.

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Some would say the Cubs didn't have "it" last year either. Took them seven games to beat an Indians team playing with house money (kinda like the Yankees this year) and missing their two aces.
    Seriously, take Lester and Hendricks away from the Cubs this season (or better yet, Arrieta and Hendricks last season) and they wouldn't have even made the playoffs.
    2016 was an off year for baseball.

Seriously?! Give it a rest Mr. Bitter.

#178 6 years ago

Beware the fury of a treed Cub!

Cub fury (resized).jpgCub fury (resized).jpg

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

My Yankees look pretty good now.

Wayne Neyens is a Yankees fan?!

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I was wondering if maybe Wayne is a Cubs fan.

He did grow up and live in Chicago for quite a few years so I wouldn't be surprised.

#201 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

The Cubs don't have the pitching staff to win 4 straight. They're way too vulnerable in late innings and are due to get lit up every 2nd or 3rd game. At this point, they're just dragging it out. I guess it's admirable to fight, but it's time to pack up and go home.

Are you suggesting the Cubs should just throw in the towel?!

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I don't dislike the Cubs. I was very happy for them last year. They just aren't built right to go to and win the World Series this season. It's obviously on the Dodgers to knock 'em out, but the sooner the better.

As they say: "That's why they play the game."

The Dodgers are gonna have to earn it.

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I always thought these playoffs were 5 game series except for the WS which is 7.

Used to be this way before the introduction of the Divisional Championship series. Now the League Championship series are 7 games like the World Series.

#214 6 years ago

Live look at White Sox Central:

Tumbleweed (resized).jpgTumbleweed (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago

Congratulations to the new National League champion Dodgers and good luck to them in the World Series!

#241 6 years ago

I know that the Astros have played in the AL since 2013, but this World Series matchup still feels a little weird to me as they were in the same division with the Dodgers for so many years beforehand.

#245 6 years ago

Hmmm ...

Minute Maid Stadium (resized).jpgMinute Maid Stadium (resized).jpg

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Does pitching(astros) beat hitting(dodgers)??

Not tonight. Game 1 to the Dodgers.

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I gotta wonder why the Astros pitcher was wearing that shirt with those long dark sleeves under his jersey last night. Didn't he get the message it's HOT around here? I mean not just hot, scorching! Well, so are the Dodgers...

I caught the game starting in the 7th inning and was surprised at how some of the players looked like they had barely broken a sweat.

However, a few of the ladies in the stands looked REALLY hot! (ba dum tissshhh!)

#257 6 years ago

Quite the match up so far - looking to be a great Series!

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

The Cubs were one well-timed rain delay away from being without a championship for 11 decades.

Been hitting the sauce again eh?
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#279 6 years ago

Bad outing for Yu Darvish. Astros' hitting has been impressive.

Any Astros fans on Pinside?

#289 6 years ago

Championship odds in favor of Dodgers (with last night's win, Kershaw on the mound tonight, and heading back to LA) in what's now a best of 3 series???

Feeling like a must game for the Astros tonight.

#317 6 years ago

Whoa!

Just whoa!

#342 6 years ago

I agree with you Jeff; MLB should not have introduced a new ball for the World Series that adversely impacts pitching in favor of hitting.

They should have introduced it in the League Championship Series - the Cubs could have used all the help they could get against the Dodgers' pitching!

#368 6 years ago

Congrats to the Astros!

#373 6 years ago

Dilly Dilly!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mlb-2017-playoffs-who-will-be-champs?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.