(Topic ID: 199020)

MLB 2017 playoffs - the Astros are champs!

By Tuna_Delight

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5EC49316-FB0F-4ACB-A13C-58A711237D7F (resized).png
    image-picsay (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    Minute Maid Stadium (resized).jpg
    giphy (resized).png
    GoDodgers-752x440 (resized).jpg
    ScreenShot2013-10-16at10.13.28AM_crop_exact (resized).png
    33 (resized).jpg
    620011 (resized).jpg
    Tumbleweed (resized).jpg
    ZomboMeme 19102017201208 (resized).jpg
    Lasorda Tom 51.82 NBL (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Cub fury (resized).jpg
    picard-facepalm (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).JPG

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 6 years ago

I gotta wonder why the Astros pitcher was wearing that shirt with those long dark sleeves under his jersey last night. Didn't he get the message it's HOT around here? I mean not just hot, scorching! Well, so are the Dodgers...

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I gotta wonder why the Astros pitcher was wearing that shirt with those long dark sleeves under his jersey last night. Didn't he get the message it's HOT around here? I mean not just hot, scorching! Well, so are the Dodgers...

I caught the game starting in the 7th inning and was surprised at how some of the players looked like they had barely broken a sweat.

However, a few of the ladies in the stands looked REALLY hot! (ba dum tissshhh!)

#253 6 years ago

I can attest it is still hotter than hades around here. And was well into the night last evening.

#254 6 years ago

Well done Dodgers. What a great first pitch with Scully, Yeager, and Valenzuela. As a long time baseball fan, that was a quite a treat.

#255 6 years ago

What a game!

#256 6 years ago

WOW crazy fun game last night, 8 homers, 11 innings fun

#257 6 years ago

Quite the match up so far - looking to be a great Series!

#258 6 years ago

What a crazy game last nite..so many hrs and ups and downs. Dodgers bullpen finally cracked, but credit to the stros. That game was a fn classic

#259 6 years ago

Got home in time to see the good stuff.
    Crazy game.
    After Houston went up in the 9th and were acting like it was over, I could sense trouble. Sometimes 'ya 'gotta wait to celebrate.
    Almost cost 'em
    Quite entertaining to watch Giles get two and then get so tight he couldn't finish.
    Almost cost 'em again.
    Anyway, Houston would NOT be denied.
    Great game!
    Back home for three.

#260 6 years ago

That ump. If that ball doesn't hit him, it goes clean into the gap and that game is possibly over in the bottom of the 9th. Crazy.

It took a series of misses by inches and a few flukes to draw that result with Houston's far and away best pitcher. The Dodgers' bullpen is still far better than the Astros' bullpen, so over a full series, last night's result doesn't bother me too much. The Astros play well at home, mostly due to the fact that they have a hitter's park, but that will help the Dodgers too. Bellinger's hit in the bottom of the 9th? That's a home run in Houston.

#261 6 years ago

Go ASTRO'S!!!!!!!!!

#262 6 years ago

This is shaping up to be the best world series in a long time. Last game I remember like that one was game two of the Angels/Giants series.

#263 6 years ago

There are good stories on both sides too. The Dodgers haven't been there in a really long time, and they've built an incredible squad through their farm system and some smart trades. The Astros are in a city that has been dealing with a lot this year, and a win would be a great feelgood story. America can be happy with the eventual winner. There aren't really any villains on either side here.

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This is shaping up to be the best world series in a long time. Last game I remember like that one was game two of the Angels/Giants series.

Game seven of last years World Series was the best game ever!!!!!!!

But I am a cubs fan lol.

#265 6 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Game seven of last years World Series was the best game ever!!!!!!!

Being not a big fan of either team, I remember game seven of the Diamondbacks/Yankees series was pretty memorable as well.

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Being not a big fan of either team, I remember game seven of the Diamondbacks/Yankees series was pretty memorable as well.

Wasn't that the game when
    Gonzalez got to Rivera?

Incredible!

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

Wasn't that the game when
    Gonzalez got to Rivera?
    Incredible!

Not to mention the incredible Diamondback pitchers and pitching in that game.

#268 6 years ago

I could not care less who wins the World Series at this point but last night was so good for baseball. That’s what people want to see. Back and forth. Drama. And then you get bonus baseball on top of it. Hats off to both teams

#269 6 years ago

Indeed!

Back then it was great when
    somebody, anybody, took it to the Yanks.
    Those boys were good.

#270 6 years ago

So this one is going to Houston now and hopefully Dave Roberts will have a little more faith in his starters and let them go a few more pitches before going to the bullpen. I get what he was trying to do though, and there will be a very rested Clayton Kershaw when he gets his next start.

I think ideally the Dodgers would rather get to the Astros bullpen before they get to the Dodgers. But I'm not a big league manager so what do I know?

#271 6 years ago

The Cubs were one well-timed rain delay away from being without a championship for 11 decades.

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

The Cubs were one well-timed rain delay away from being without a championship for 11 decades.

Yes they planned the rain delay lol. Last time I checked the cubs and the White Sox both sat at one World Series title a piece in the last 100 years lol. I like the cubs chances of getting another in the near future more than the Sox. Sorry

#273 6 years ago

Yes they planned the rain delay lol. Last time I checked the cubs and the White Sox both sat at one World Series title a piece in the last 100 years lol. I like the cubs chances of getting another in the near future more than the Sox. Sorry

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

Arrieta - gone
    Bryant - tired
    Russell/Rizzo/Baez - still trying to remove whatever it was they were choking on during the playoffs
    Lester - bad
    Lackey - gone
    Quintana - bad
    Zobrist - bad

Only reason you got into the postseason is because you play in the NL Central (REAL bad).

Sox have a solid, young group of guys coming up. Should be interesting.

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Been hitting the sauce again eh?
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#275 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

I wouldn't be too sure of that.
    Arrieta - gone
    Bryant - tired
    Russell/Rizzo/Baez - still trying to remove whatever it was they were choking on during the playoffs
    Lester - bad
    Lackey - gone
    Quintana - bad
    Zobrist - bad
    Only reason you got into the postseason is because you play in the NL Central (REAL bad).
    Sox have a solid, young group of guys coming up. Should be interesting.

You’re delusional lol. Jon Lester has won more playoff games than the Sox will win in the next decade. He would be your ace. Quintana was shaky all year, oh wait he was your ace. Zobrist is a proven winner. The Sox don’t have a player that could hold a light to Bryant. Rizzo > Abreu. Our backup second baseman (Baez) is better than your shortstop. And I’m sure Theo will replace the players leaving... he’s always does. If you were going to talk trash you could have mentioned the bad players at least. I mean we do have Jason Heyward lol.

The difference between the cubs and the “solid, young group of guys coming up” is that the cubs young players have already proven it. Prospects bust daily. We have all seen it. The Sox would be lucky to hit on half of those guys. I guess only time will tell but I’ll stick with the cubs core over the unproven assets of the White Sox .

#276 6 years ago

You’re delusional lol. Jon Lester has won more playoff games than the Sox will win in the next decade. He would be your ace. Quintana was shaky all year, oh wait he was your ace. Zobrist is a proven winner. The Sox don’t have a player that could hold a light to Bryant. Rizzo > Abreu. Our backup second baseman (Baez) is better than your shortstop. And I’m sure Theo will replace the players leaving... he’s always does. If you were going to talk trash you could have mentioned the bad players at least. I mean we do have Jason Heyward lol.
    The difference between the cubs and the “solid, young group of guys coming up” is that the cubs young players have already proven it. Prospects bust daily. We have all seen it. The Sox would be lucky to hit on half of those guys. I guess only time will tell but I’ll stick with the cubs core over the unproven assets of the White Sox .

lol

#277 6 years ago

I guess that’s all I could say too if I were you.

Have fun watching the cubs in the post season for the next decade

#278 6 years ago

I guess that’s all I could say too if I were you.
    Have fun watching the cubs in the post season for the next decade

lol

#279 6 years ago

Bad outing for Yu Darvish. Astros' hitting has been impressive.

Any Astros fans on Pinside?

#280 6 years ago

Astros took another BIG step last night.
    Heard that whoever wins Game 3 goes on to win the Series 68% of the time.
    Hoping it holds true to form.
    Go 'Stros!!!

#281 6 years ago

Hell yeah!!! There are Astros fans on pinside.

Like every other Astros fan I have been waiting my whole life to see the Astros win a World Series. We have a real chance to win it...it ain’t over yet but the Stro’s couldn’t be in a better spot to win it.

In 2005 it was pure luck we made it to the World Series but we were not a real contender....we had great pitching but lousy to OK hitting.

The Dodgers are damn good so the Stro’s need to stay aggressive and play smart. If they get lazy and start celebrating too early the Dodgers can easily turn it around.

The Dodgers looked deflated last night....the Astros just look like they are having fun...that’s how they looked all season. In game 3 the Astros stranded like 10 runners. A couple more hits and they could have blown the game wide open. The Astros bats may finally be waking up and when that happens it’s been tough for anyone to beat the Astros.

WHOOOOO!!!!!!
    GO STRO’s

#282 6 years ago

Rooting for the Astros for sure - Because as a Giants fan it’s my duty to always hate the Dodgers

#283 6 years ago

WHY does a manager
    take out his starter in the 7th...
    who has been in command
    of the game
    who had given up a mere
    three hits
    was pitching shutout ball
    AND had brilliantly JUST gotten out of a jam in the previous inning?

Because he can.

Very predictably Dodgers tie it up.

#284 6 years ago

Astros

#285 6 years ago

For cryin' out loud...
    LEAVE him IN!
    Morton was pitching great.
    Seven strikeouts too!
    Frustrating.

#286 6 years ago

"One thing leads to Another"
    The FIXX
    ...and so it goes...

puke

#287 6 years ago

I can’t be the only one that’s fn happy that Bellinger an Pederson FINALLY got big timely hits 2nite..I don’t know if the momentum is really w anyone, but I’m really looking forward to game 5 2mrw..

#288 6 years ago

Another great game last night. I was surprised the dodgers didn't go with Kershaw in game 4, then Hill throws a no-no thru 6? Nice
    Kershaw in Game 5. Still hope it goes 7 and is exciting as last years finish

#289 6 years ago

Championship odds in favor of Dodgers (with last night's win, Kershaw on the mound tonight, and heading back to LA) in what's now a best of 3 series???

Feeling like a must game for the Astros tonight.

#290 6 years ago

Wow!!
    How about that!!!

#291 6 years ago

Bellinger hot again tonight, just hit a 3 run home.

#292 6 years ago

I hate that Gurriel is having any impact. He shouldn't even be playing. Nothing would be better than a game-losing error by him at some point.

When I said that this series didn't have any villains earlier, well, that certainly changed.

Go Dodgers.

#293 6 years ago

This can’t get any better...regardless of who wins at this point.....the Stro’s in this game remind me of Rocky Balboa.....they keep on coming back.

#294 6 years ago

Amazing series - back and forth. Wow!

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I hate that Gurriel is having any impact. He shouldn't even be playing. Nothing would be better than a game-losing error by him at some point.
    When I said that this series didn't have any villains earlier, well, that certainly changed.
    Go Dodgers.

Look....what Gurriel did was stupid. Don’t know the guy so can’t say if he is/isn’t a racist.

I don’t think Gurriel should be “vilified” for what he did but it was in poor taste for sure. Plenty of other athletes have done MUCH worse and not been disciplined/punished/fined etc. You want to vilify athletes I can give you a long list of plenty that should be banned from the priveledge of professional sports making tons of money.

#296 6 years ago

He got a 5 game suspension. What he did was 100% unacceptable and worthy of a big penalty. But the MLB lets him defer the penalty to when it won't matter. What sort of example does that give people?

This is the worst strike zone I've ever seen in my life. Got dang.

#297 6 years ago

Morrow has thrown every day it seems like. It was bound to catch up

#298 6 years ago

What an insane offensive explosion in this post season.

#299 6 years ago

Amazing!

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

What an insane offensive explosion in this post season.

Who would have thought with this tiny field and a closed roof?!

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mlb-2017-playoffs-who-will-be-champs/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.