DSCN7722 (resized).JPG
DSCN8459 (resized).JPG
DSCN8453 (resized).JPG
DSCN8458 (resized).JPG
DSCN8456 (resized).JPG
DSCN8457 (resized).JPG
DSCN8455 (resized).JPG
DSCN8451 (resized).JPG
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 3 years ago

Originally you said you were making 25 of these. Are you now only making 14 or am I missing something?

Thanks

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Originally you said you were making 25 of these. Are you now only making 14 or am I missing something?
Thanks

Reference post #78 above.

I've been answering/ sending PM's like crazy today. A huge thank you to all who are supporting this effort!!!!....must nap as I finish/ test a final harness tonight, then give to one of my techs next week to crank out 25 (sounds like a small # to some...seems big to me at the moment). Thanks....

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I have a genuine question re-reading your posts today:
In several posts you mention you make this apron for the community and is made on costprice basis only, which is very kind considering all the time you invest.
In my opinion, with such a strong claim/statement comes transparency and you can maybe post the BoM (bill of material) costs that come with it, or estimates when you are listing the price today.
Also because you are publicly listing all your buyers (why is that actually?), so why not have everything public.
I’d like to hear what you and other followers think about it.
For my apron I have no problem doing the same by the way if this question comes up. I ready mentioned in the Alien thread cost estimations.
Anyway, looking forward to seeing the first proto.

One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever read on pinside and there’s been some doozies!

Mark aka MK6PIN is one of the most stand up people I’ve ever had the privilege to be in touch with over the years! He’s grabbed stuff for me from the states and shipped it over to the U.K before he’s even asked me for the money!

If he says it’s cost him $1000 to make I wouldn’t second guess it for a moment. Super nice guy, generous and from my experience always willing to help a fellow pinhead as well as the pinhead community - BM66 left wireform and now this!

Everyone else, buy with confidence people!

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever read on pinside and there’s been some doozies!
Mark aka mk6pin is one of the most stand up people I’ve ever had the privilege to be in touch with over the years! He’s grabbed stuff for me from the states and shipped it over to the U.K before he’s even asked me for the money!
If he says it’s cost him $1000 to make I wouldn’t second guess it for a moment. Super nice guy, generous and from my experience always willing to help a fellow pinhead as well as the pinhead community - BM66 left wireform and now this!

Ditto that. Mark is one of the best!

And what an awesome labor of creative love on this project Mark

I know we will all be blown away. It’s exciting brother

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark aka mk6pin is one of the most stand up people I’ve ever had the privilege to be in touch with over the years! He’s grabbed stuff for me from the states and shipped it over to the U.K before he’s even asked me for the money!

Quoted from iceman44:

Ditto that. Mark is one of the best!
And what an awesome labor of creative love on this project Mark
I know we will all be blown away. It’s exciting brother

Thanks for the kind words Pinbuds!!!! This thing is going to add what needed to be there from the start, and then some. Super excited!! (oh, and there's always at least one in every crowd...whatever. Not worth my bandwidth anymore)....mark

#106 3 years ago

Well, I’m still in. Heck, I dropped 600 bucks on a JP topper, so what’s another 10 pints of Donated blood to help make my Alien pin pop! Can’t wait to see it.

#107 3 years ago

C'mon guys! ... too many English words in Text are very amorphous. Then add other languages!? ... Lol

I'd hate to see peoples assumptions bringing any further toxicity to the Alien community...

We're all passionate... I like to try and keep positive

I am eager to see what will be revealed!

#108 3 years ago

huh?

Quoted from razorsedge:

C'mon guys! ... too many English words in Text are very amorphous. Then add other languages!? ... Lol
I'd hate to see peoples assumptions bringing any further toxicity to the Alien community...
We're all passionate... I like to try and keep positive

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm as anxious as you!!! Can't wait to show this thing and get one in my game.

#110 3 years ago

Still interested in getting one and excited for when more will be revealed!

#111 3 years ago

Still in!

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Still interested in getting one and excited for when more will be revealed!

Good to know. Alot of pm activity and work behind the scenes......can't wait to show some of this!!!!!

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Good to know. Alot of pm activity and work behind the scenes......can't wait to show some of this!!!!!

how much longer? I'm anxious to see it.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

how much longer? I'm anxious to see it.

Really hoping end of week, 2 weeks tops. I'd really like to post preview once or twice tops before everything is locked down on who is getting one or not.

I've realized a step by step of the build is far TMI with a custom piece. No worries, what will be shown will be more than enough....

I'm in "harness hell" currently, ensuring this is as straightforward as possible from an install standpoint.

The final version with the art (unbelievable!!!) will only be revealed when Lior deems appropriate.

1 day closer!!!!

#115 3 years ago

Perfect! This gives me more time to sell the buy to my wife.

#116 3 years ago

This is my go to thread every time I sign on. I can’t wait to see the results.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Perfect! This gives me more time to sell the buy to my wife.

I got rid of mine. Moved into a bigger house so I can get more pins.
Thanks Alien Apron!

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks Alien Apron!

Too funny ( Lol)
My disclaimer will read:
"Intense strobing effects which could give you a seizure. Turn the effect off if you experience problems"

And:

" This apron cannot be held liable for Spouse reactions/ repercussions"...

#119 3 years ago

Mark, I hate to tell you this, but the first (21) guys on the buyers list had to back out. They called me and was afraid to tell you, some with relationship problems, room, money, dog getting neutered (or maybe it was the cat) and, being the nice pinsider I am, I wanted to tell you first.

I'm only doing this by request, because I have no idea who the lucky cat who got #22. Anyways, I hope this doesn't interfere with the production.

BTW, don't tell Robin or the moderators. I don't want them to worry about the small things in life.

#120 3 years ago

(Blocking my pinside email now)

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Mark, I hate to tell you this, but the first (21) guys on the buyers list had to back out. They called me and was afraid to tell you, some with relationship problems, room, money, dog getting neutered (or maybe it was the cat) and, being the nice pinsider I am, I wanted to tell you first.
I'm only doing this by request, because I have no idea who the lucky cat who got #22. Anyways, I hope this doesn't interfere with the production.
BTW, don't tell Robin or the moderators. I don't want them to worry about the small things in life.

Knew I shouldn't have posted that second part of the disclaimer.

Too kind for the heads up, and I better reach to #22 right away or hope is lost!!!! Good stuff on a Monday!!

#122 3 years ago

I am on the list and don’t have dog (cat?) neutering problems, room payment problems or relationship problems. I’m all in.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks Alien Apron!

Never mind wife wants it to work , so no more big house and No more
Pins moving back home.

Sigh ..

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Never mind wife wants it to work , so no more big house and No more
Pins moving back home.
Sigh ..

That's a good thing! Remember, "it's all about flipper buttons".

Guys, have the guts to speak your mind on intentions about the apron, Heck!, Mark is going through hell getting it done and your too shy to give him proper feedback?.............Pathetic

#125 3 years ago

so Im confused there are two different people making two different aprons??

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

so Im confused there are two different people making two different aprons??

Yep.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The final version with the art (unbelievable!!!) will only be revealed when Lior deems appropriate.

1 day closer!!!!

Take your time, better to be done well than quick IMHO.

The price is higher than anticipated but I'm hoping the artwork/sculpts? and lighting effects make it worth it to me.

#128 3 years ago

No pics and already sold out? The hype is real!

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Take your time, better to be done well than quick IMHO.
The price is higher than anticipated but I'm hoping the artwork/sculpts? and lighting effects make it worth it to me.

Super OCD mode as everything purchased and moving at a steady pace now. Refining the build to make the install as simple as possible ( mainly the harness/ electrical elements).

Lior's work is off the charts for me w this..his attention to detail is insane. .Pretty sure you will like it...

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

No pics and already sold out? The hype is real!

Not sold out , though preorders and some on the early list have ensured they will get one.

Many interested though, more than what will be made. A fun, but involved journey thus far...

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not sold out , though preorders and some on the early list have ensured they will get one.
Many interested though, more than what will be made. A fun, but involved journey thus far...

oh ok. I just interpreted that cut off line as being sold out and the ones below being next in line for drop outs. Never mind then, I dont have a horse in this race but can't wait to see it!

I'm guessing something giger organic machine-esk?

517066399902 (resized).jpg517066399902 (resized).jpg

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

oh ok. I just interpreted that cut off line as being sold out and the ones below being next in line for drop outs.

Cutoff line indicates who asked first and will be guaranteed one if they want it, once enough is revealed, if not, then next up, so your right. I won't consider them sold out until all paid for and gone.

(Part of your thinking on the art is correct, btw...)

#133 3 years ago

Just show me a little leg !

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I've seen (staggering)things today, and worked on boring, but crucial necessities this evening....

A day closer....

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've seen (staggering)things today, and worked on boring, but crucial necessities this evening....
A day closer....

What sort of staggering things? Drop us a clue.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What a weird thing to ask?

sexy legs (resized).jpgsexy legs (resized).jpg
#137 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A day closer....

Yeah Mark we know what's going on!
You can't fool us.

Bourbon nite (resized).jpegBourbon nite (resized).jpeg
#138 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What sort of staggering things? Drop us a clue.

Sculpted+art+Alien+Lior =staggering

#139 3 years ago

What a weird thing to ask?[quoted image]

Not on the apron sadly. But if she was on the team, it would definitely delay release ( well by about 10 minutes a day I suppose)..

#140 3 years ago

Yeah Mark we know what's going on!
You can't fool us.[quoted image]

That scene is definitely game on tonight!!!

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

( well by about 10 minutes a day I suppose)..

Only 10 minutes?!

#142 3 years ago

Minor update for the thread:

I'm very busy assembling parts, harnesses, receiving, stuff, etc.. Had no idea that doing a run of 25 of these would be so time consuming!!!

The build is really exceeding my expectations, and very happy with how it's all coming together.

Will only do 1 reveal that is a complete build, without showing any art. Then people are in or out as I go down the line for the few that remain.

Won't be posting much until then, as I'm really putting in alot of time to get these done correctly, tested, and available.

The final version, with art, will be shown here in the thread of course, for everyone to dissect accordingly.....

Everyone's patience will be worth it....mark

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Minor update for the thread:
I'm very busy assembling parts, harnesses, receiving, stuff, etc.. Had no idea that doing a run of 25 of these would be so time consuming!!!
The build is really exceeding my expectations, and very happy with how it's all coming together.
Will only do 1 reveal that is a complete build, without showing any art. Then people are in or out as I go down the line for the few that remain.
Won't be posting much until then, as I'm really putting in alot of time to get these done correctly, tested, and available.
The final version, with art, will be shown here in the thread of course, for everyone to dissect accordingly.....
Everyone's patience will be worth it....mark

Sounds good. Just curious when do you anticipate that being?

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sounds good. Just curious when do you anticipate that being?

Still targeting end of week. That's going to depend on the metal finish guy. Finish is a very cool black metal oxide w slight sheen to it. Trying to get him to hit 2 aprons with it (he wanted to do all 25 at once, but they won't be done by week's end), so you get a better idea what it looks like. The frosted acrylics will have no art and reveal version done. Mock harness w strobe, other lighting done.

Believe my anticipated ship date on these things is still way doable by 1st, 2nd week of October, as originally planned.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Still targeting end of week. That's going to depend on the metal finish guy. Finish is a very cool black metal oxide w slight sheen to it. Trying to get him to hit 2 aprons with it (he wanted to do all 25 at once, but they won't be done by week's end), so you get a better idea what it looks like. The frosted acrylics will have no art and reveal version done. Mock harness w strobe, other lighting done.
Believe my anticipated ship date on these things is still way doable by 1st, 2nd week of October, as originally planned.

By the sounds of your effort and creative touches this is sounding amazing. I would bet painting 50 would dry faster! Lol. Keep an open mind doing a second run as I suspect this creation will get some serious interest. Congrats and job well done.

#146 3 years ago

Can’t wait to see it, just in time for Halloween season.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

By the sounds of your effort and creative touches this is sounding amazing. I would bet painting 50 would dry faster! Lol. Keep an open mind doing a second run as I suspect this creation will get some serious interest. Congrats and job well done.

Lol, not so sure....these guys are not pinheads for sure (machinists), and kind of dread seeing me come in the shop lately...

I keep telling them "you said you'd do 25 of these for me"...they sort of huff and nod their heads

The Alien art gets weird stares (too funny)

Lior and Kneissl definitely are, however....keeps me grounded

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lol, not so sure....these guys are not pinheads for sure (machinists), and kind of dread seeing me come in the shop lately...
I keep telling them "you said you'd do 25 of these for me"...they sort of huff and nod their heads
The Alien art gets weird stares (too funny)
Lior and kneissl definitely are, however....keeps me grounded

Understood most shops cringe on low volume art type work. Should you run into a road block feel free to reach out for support. I have several fab shops in the Asheville area with laser/waterjet that could assist in your project. Good luck.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understood most shops cringe on low volume art type work. Should you run into a road block feel free to reach out for support. I have several fab shops in the Asheville area with laser/waterjet that could assist in your project. Good luck.

Thanks, but nah...this shop has done custom fab for me ( business stuff) for over 18 years so I trust them ( and owner's word) completely. Always up front w me, just have to get it in their schedule as they are full time cranking on stuff.

They are really just bending metal for me on this...the light boxes threw them a bit as I had to draw those and were 2 additional pieces in the build.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, my oxide finish guy isn't going to get 2 done for me by Friday (spoke w him today). No point showing it until the thing is complete, less art reveal. Going to go make a couple more harnesses now......my bulk order of motion trackers left today, should arrive very soon so that's a good thing.

Staying the course.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 287 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mk6pin-s-alien-apron-adventure/page/3?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.