Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by djknightfal
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Magic Screen (resized).JPG
spotting (resized).JPG
control unit (resized).JPG
back (resized).JPG
bank (resized).JPG
Front  (resized).JPG
Front (resized).JPG
Behind Back Glass (resized).JPG
Grove Cut Reset bar (resized).JPG
Grove Cut (resized).JPG
Grove Cut  (resized).JPG
Item 28  (resized).JPG

#1 4 months ago

I had broken down the mixer unit over the last couple of days and have used the guide on bingo.cdyn website and also got a copy of the Green book. The diagram and everything in it seems to match the Bahama Beach bingo mixer and control unit. During my disassembly (also main reason for it) was because someone had been in there before and faber-cobbled a release bar and the main drive bar really needed to be cleaned. During my normal Cleaning and observation I had laid out the parts according to size (using calipers), and the washers that the manual states should be 7 I only have 4, and one is an oddball washer. Although I know where they go I would like to use the correct washers with the diagram in the Green book (Item #28). If anyone knows its thickness it would help a lot!

While im at it will ask also is it normal for the drive bar, and other bars in the mixer unit to have a large amount of wear (almost looks like the machine is trying to manufacture its own cam lobes) Although again its not the right bar (will replace) is this normal wear and tear?

Lastly where can I get a set of leather washer (for the key with 3 numbs) for the control unit. Poor bastard looks like its been in a hydraulic press with an insert and busted.

Also I notes that the cams are numbered mine are(Bahama Beach) (3,7,7,assuming 10) just a good note to add im guessing

#2 4 months ago

Item 28 (resized).JPG

Grove Cut (resized).JPG

Grove Cut (resized).JPG

Grove Cut Reset bar (resized).JPG

#3 4 months ago

the exploded parts diagram for the mixer has at least one issue in the green book.

all the mixer rotors are surrounded by a leather washer (20) and clutch plate/key washer (19). The part labelled 18 next to 32 should be a 20.

the green book diagram used Safari as the example game. The number/thickness of the washers may be different on Bahama Beach. There's other differences...like I think Bahama Beach has one mixer latch coil, while Safari has two.

the (18) spacer should always be the same...that's the one separating the rotor from the contact plate.

the goal of the other washers/spacers is to get the mixer contact plates positioned correctly in the bracket above them - contact plates notched into top bar, rotors spinning in bar cutout area - and the release cams more-or-less centered on the release arm/cam lever rollers.

pinball resource may have the clutch washers. If not, maybe joe shope.

the wear on the shaft isn't typical. Did someone use an anti-lubricant on the thing? The mixer shaft itself usually has some wear, but not that deep.

if you get bored, I don't have any pictures of the Bahama beach internals on the bingo.cdyn.com web site ... it's a pretty scarce game.

#4 4 months ago

kinda figured there is always differences, gives me a challenge thats why I did it lol

Going to get the Lido (parts cabinet) here in the next few days to salvage some spacers and maybe some other stuff I can use for the time being. To me I have the same qty as everything else just looks to me that someone else has been adding or replacing whatever with whatever was available. Will take more pictures of this unit in its state and together when I get an order filled from McMaster Carr. The little reset bracket was cut and small bar was added with screws and grinded off and such. so know someone else besides me has been in here and makes me question things a lot more. Just like a couple mistakes I found reassembling the control unit and trying to figure out why it wasn't working right. Its assembled for now but will go back and correct mistakes.

To be honest I think someone was using this machine to machine parts and play a games lol

Will go and take some pictures now! Thank you for the information

#5 4 months ago

Baldtwit here is a few pictures for you, when i get the rest assembled will add to collection

Behind Back Glass (resized).JPG

Front (resized).JPG

Front (resized).JPG

bank (resized).JPG

back (resized).JPG

control unit (resized).JPG

spotting (resized).JPG

Magic Screen (resized).JPG

#6 4 months ago

put the pic on the bingo site, thanks! I'll add/replace some when the game is back together and stuff like the replay register and mixers are installed.

the mixer and reflex unit diagrams are on the site if you need them. They came from factory blueprints, so should be right.

#7 4 months ago

Thank you baldtwit Also have a couple more pictures on story I written (Bahama beach in motion), has good shot of what it would have looked like in a cabinet (no back door shot though)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 219.99
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 12.50
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 34.95
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside