Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191218_102910 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_102903 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191218_102852 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi!

I'm doing a Spirit restoration with Mircos repro playfield and thinking is there some failures or am I doing something wrong.

Here are few miss predrilled holes which I have found for now.
Have other playfield owners same problem?
IMG_20191218_102852 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_102852 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_102903 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_102903 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_102910 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_102910 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Those clips on the ball guide can slide along the edge to match the drill holes.

#3 4 years ago

This is typical. There was a hole missing on my mirco whirlwind and 90% of my backside dimples were off by 3-4mm and I had to countersink a ton of holes that were missed.

#4 4 years ago

But in his case the clips are adjustable so no new drilling is required.

#5 4 years ago

Aren't the clips set into a cutout in the guide? I run into this kind of thing with ramps pretty often. Adding screw holes in a new ramp ahead of time is a bit of a crap shoot, because some of the attachment points into wood are located wherever Jimmy at the factory decided to run the screw in that day.

#6 4 years ago

Like JodyG said, those clips are settled to cutout. You can slide only those which are the other end of ball guide.

Maybe I just have to drill new whole.
A bit annoying job bcause you can't be 100% sure the guide is in right place. You can twist it so....

#7 4 years ago

Yep - there is a notch for the clip so they are in a fixed position. You'll have to drill. Pretty annoying as you say - these are way off. Alternatively you'd have to add a notch to the guide to align Mirco's hole which seems much less desirable.

Locate the guide as best you can, drill to just start the hole and then move the guide to finish the hole so the guide is out of the way. Many of the guides on Spirit only convey the ball to the rest of the playfield so position isn't critical as long as the ball goes through. If you need pictures, let me know.

#8 4 years ago

I own two Spirits and I just noticed that at one metal guide I checked, the playfield attachment location and corresponding groove for the clip in the guide are in different places between the two games! The guides are actually different! Apparently some changes mid-production from Gottlieb on Spirit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mitarcos-spirit-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.