• Latest reply 7 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0783 (resized).JPG
IMAG0266[1] (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 7 years ago

Starting having a problem with my mist multiball long range Optos not registering open when the beam is blocked. Game will load ball into the right ball storage area but will keep kicking the ball out and eventually gives up after about three tries. I pulled the 24 opto board and inspected for cold solder joints bad connectors or broken or missing components. Nothing stood out. I checked some resistance values and noticed that R12 on my game is just a zero ohm jumper resistor, not the 10 ohm resistor shown in the manual and schematic. Note this is factory. The board has had no previous work. See picture. Any thoughts for this anomaly?

IMG_0783 (resized).JPGIMG_0783 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Starting having a problem with my mist multiball long range Optos not registering open when the beam is blocked. Game will load ball into the right ball storage area but will keep kicking the ball out and eventually gives up after about three tries. I pulled the 24 opto board and inspected for cold solder joints bad connectors or broken or missing components. Nothing stood out. I checked some resistance values and noticed that R12 on my game is just a zero ohm jumper resistor, not the 10 ohm resistor shown in the manual and schematic. Note this is factory. The board has had no previous work. See picture. Any thoughts for this anomaly?

Guess folks just ignore these older threads even though the BSD Mist Multi-ball seems to cause plenty of issues for people as these games get older. The problem with my board has been repaired. I replaced the R12 resistor with the correct value 10 Ohm 1/4 watt resistor and while I had the board out of the game, While i could not determine if they were bad, I replaced both the electrolytic caps and the L1 inductor. I Play tested the repaired board and the Mist-multiball is working perfect again. The long range opto is registering open and closed states as it should.

#50 7 years ago

That's good to know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mist-ball-gate-not-populating?tu=Chet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.