Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kidchrisso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinlocatorbeta.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ngreenup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I need people in Missouri and Kansas to test the beta version of my pinball locator app. You can read more about it here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-locator-app-using-pinside-data

The app looks a bit different now and is ready for the initial batch of testers. Here are the requirements:

Android Device (tablet or phone)
    GeoLocation Enabled
    Internet Connection
    Ability to install non market applications (check box in settings)
    Located in Kansas or Missouri (or right on the border if in a surrounding state). - This is because there is only data for KS and MO right now (currently 131 locations). So if you live in California you won't see a damn thing! This will change if I can get some support from pinside to continue development (some sort of access to the data through an api or feed).

I basically need android users to install the app, run it, start a search, and report back on any problems, suggestions, etc.

The next round will hopefully include more states and iOS users.

So any takers?

#2 10 years ago

Some up to date screen shots

pinlocatorbeta.jpgpinlocatorbeta.jpg

#16 10 years ago

I added the slider so people can choose the distance to search. I set it so that you can go up to 250 miles but in the final version this will likely be much lower. I am interested to hear thoughts on this. I will PM the first round of testers within 24 hours with details on how to get/install the app.

First round testers:
    Pinballwizard79
    stangbat
    kidchrisso
    jayhawkai
    kcpinchip
    dgoett
    wxforecaster
    bigdaddy07

Thanks guys and girls

#17 10 years ago

First round testers should have gotten a PM from me. If you didn't receive it let me know.

=====

You may download the application here (963kb): *App Link Sent only to Beta Testers*
    Here is a link to learn how to install non-market third party apps on Android: http://droidlessons.com/how-to-install-non-market-third-party-apps-on-android/

If you have trouble installing the app let me know.

Thank you for your interest in testing the initial version of the Pinside Pin Locator. This is a very early test to see if the GPS calculation, proximity calculation, and data sources are working.

Keep the following in mind:

*If you do not have GPS or Wireless Network location services enabled you will not see any results and likely receive error messages.
    *If you are not located with in 250 miles of the Kansas or Missouri border you shouldn't get any results as the test data only contains locations within KS and MO.
    *If you do not have internet access (either wifi or mobile network) you will not get any results as the application hits an external server to retrieve locations and calculate distance.
    *This is the simplest version of the application possible to gauge interest and decide a plan of action on making it available on Android, iOS, and other devices worldwide.

Once you have had a chance to try the application from a couple locations I would greatly appreciate it if you could fill out the following questionnaire about your experience. Thanks in advance for for your valuable feedback.

*Link to form only sent to beta testers*

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ngreenup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missouri-and-kansas-beta-testers-for-pinside-locator-app?tu=ngreenup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.