Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by viperrwk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

power.png
power assembly.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperrwk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Those voltages are not used in Baby Pac. TP2 is HV for plasma displays. TP1 is for controlled lamps which are handled on the AC in Baby Pac. That's why they are not connected in the schematic (see image.) This board doesn't usually have issues in Baby Pac. Your problem is likely battery corrosion on the Vidiot board. You need to check the ROM sockets below the MPU on the Vidiot and the connectors between the boards as well. The -107 driver board can use the same upgrades as the regular Bally driver (save for the HV obviously.)

viperrwk

power.png

#7 6 years ago

Baby Pac is a bear to get working correctly. The only board I didn't have to do anything to in mine is the rectifier board. I still need to change the pots on the Vidiot as I lose the blue adjust occasionally. Also be sure to adjust the drops to make sure they are flush with the playfield otherwise damage will happen.

viperrwk

#10 6 years ago

You should see the same voltage at TP3 on the rectifier board (12-14VDC) as you do at TP1 on the lamp/solenoid board. That voltage then gets regulated to 5v on the driver board. You test that at TP2 on the lamp/solenoid board. You should be seeing 5VDC+/- .25v there. I wound up changing LOTS of connectors and plugs to get all the correct voltages where they needed to be. It chains to a lot of places in this machine. But you'll never get it working correctly if the power isn't working properly everywhere.

viperrwk

#12 6 years ago

I would change the big cap at C2 (and C4 while you're at it) and see if it makes a difference. C2 is probably shot. I don't know which device is installed in your board but chances are it can't handle the ripple. If after changing C2 you still don't have 5v, just change Q41 - LM323K.

I'll dig out my notes and parts list and PM you later so you can piece together an order for what you need.

viperrwk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 157.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 65.00
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viperrwk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside