IMG_6146 (resized).JPG
IMG_6145 (resized).JPG
IMG_6144 (resized).JPG
IMG_6142 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

you can put me down eric. should i buy the sign from AlexSMendes? you got 1 left AlexSMendes?

These are made by demand....

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

These are made by demand....

Think I would be interested, whats the cost?

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Alex's plastic is awesome! I'm still trying to figure out what people want in terms of the bracket. Easy to make your own out of plastic, (I can make them for a couple of people), or I can go through the design/testing/manufacturing to make metal ones (which requires some demand of around 5-10 people to make it cost effective).

Hrm.. If you think you could make one in the next month or so, I would love to use it on my game at York!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hrm.. If you think you could make one in the next month or so, I would love to use it on my game at York!

Plastic I can do. Not sure about a metal one. Since you are Mr. TZ (more bad ass than Mr. T), what are your thoughts on the size of a metal version? Original length or extra long?

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Plastic I can do. Not sure about a metal one. Since you are Mr. TZ (more bad ass than Mr. T), what are your thoughts on the size of a metal version? Original length or extra long?

I know you didn't ask me

but since you figured out the preferred length on the plastic, I suggest you make a metal bracket as per the original design. This way there's a choice, and a purist can use the metal bracket and look like the flyer, but the plastic can provide a more unobstructed view of the game

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Well, like I mentioned above - if it's going to be that long, metal will not do. It will block the view of possible shots by the bridge diverter dropping the ball, and the left magnet catching the ball.

I have a short piece of metal that I can use, but like the clear of the sign giving a view of the magnet and diverter, while making sure the sign is still visible.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know you didn't ask me
but since you figured out the preferred length on the plastic, I suggest you make a metal bracket as per the original design. This way there's a choice, and a purist can use the metal bracket and look like the flyer, but the plastic can provide a more unobstructed view of the game

Sorry, Rob, I meant no offense! And you have the best idea. I'll work on making some plastic ones and get them to people first, then work on the design for metal ones as I get the time.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Well, like I mentioned above - if it's going to be that long, metal will not do. It will block the view of possible shots by the bridge diverter dropping the ball, and the left magnet catching the ball.
I have a short piece of metal that I can use, but like the clear of the sign giving a view of the magnet and diverter, while making sure the sign is still visible.

Sounds good!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Sorry, Rob, I meant no offense! And you have the best idea. I'll work on making some plastic ones and get them to people first, then work on the design for metal ones as I get the time.

I was just ribbing you

#60 6 years ago

Bought and metal break to make better bends and working my way through a set.

IMG_6154 (resized).JPGIMG_6154 (resized).JPG

IMG_6155 (resized).JPGIMG_6155 (resized).JPG

#61 6 years ago

I *think* mine arrived from Brasil while I was up in New York. I won't know for sure until i run over to the Post Office this coming Wednesday and pick it up.

#62 6 years ago

You guys ever consider how amazing it is that we can correspond literally across the globe, talk to friends on other continents, who make and mail these tiny pieces of plastic that possibly only the 4 of us care about, to these exacting standards... not to mention the bracket potentially coming from Arizona! Blows my mind sometimes

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You guys ever consider how amazing it is that we can correspond literally across the globe, talk to friends on other continents, who make and mail these tiny pieces of plastic that possibly only the 4 of us care about, to these exacting standards... not to mention the bracket potentially coming from Arizona! Blows my mind sometimes

Completely! I was talking with a colleague about the ideas behind "open innovation" and used this as an example of how it works.

#64 6 years ago

Not to say the original vector pdf that started it all came from South Africa!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Not to say the original vector pdf that started it all came from South Africa!

That's teamwork dudes

#66 6 years ago

I have the brackets listed in my pinside store: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01196-twilight-zone-missing-plastic-bracket-plastic

$7 total ($2 + $5 shipping). I'm only listing 5 to get feedback from people. These are handmade and therefore not perfect in terms of the flatness of the bend. If anyone gets one, hates it, just let me know and I'll refund you. Otherwise, feedback is appreciated.

#67 6 years ago

Also, my shop's shipping is set to default of $5 for US and $20 for international. If anyone international wants one, just PM me and I'll figure out the shipping costs.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have the brackets listed in my pinside ship: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01196-twilight-zone-missing-plastic-bracket-plastic
$7 total ($2 + $5 shipping). I'm only listing 5 to get feedback from people. These are handmade and therefore not perfect in terms of the flatness of the bend. If anyone gets one, hates it, just let me know and I'll refund you. Otherwise, feedback is appreciated.

Planning to do metal?

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have the brackets listed in my pinside ship: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01196-twilight-zone-missing-plastic-bracket-plastic

Let me know if you see my purchase. I tried to buy one, and before getting fed to Paypal I got an 'Internal Server Error' from Pinside, and then, after I sent the payment with Paypal and was redirected back to Pinside I got another 'Server Error' page.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Planning to do metal?

Eventually, but it may be a while.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Let me know if you see my purchase. I tried to buy one, and before getting fed to Paypal I got an 'Internal Server Error' from Pinside, and then, after I sent the payment with Paypal and was redirected back to Pinside I got another 'Server Error' page.

It didn't come through. Feel free do check you PP transactions and let me know if you see it. Otherwise try again (and I can refund if I get two orders.)

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

It didn't come through. Feel free do check you PP transactions and let me know if you see it. Otherwise try again (and I can refund if I get two orders.)

Heard back from Robin, apparently there's issues with paypal or their api. I DO have the charge in my account, but was asked to wait until PP says they've cleared it up. So, feh.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Heard back from Robin, apparently there's issues with paypal or their api. I DO have the charge in my account, but was asked to wait until PP says they've cleared it up. So, feh.

Mike, has your plastic arrived yet?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Mike, has your plastic arrived yet?

Yes!
Just picked it up from the post office today! I have NOT opened it yet, as I have to pretend to work . Will later this evening.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yes!
Just picked it up from the post office today! I have NOT opened it yet, as I have to pretend to work . Will later this evening.

LOL

#76 6 years ago

Just put in my order for the bracket. Did you get it, Eric?

#77 6 years ago

huh... I guess my "order" is already placed, right Eric?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just put in my order for the bracket. Did you get it, Eric?

I received it. Thank you.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

huh... I guess my "order" is already placed, right Eric?

Yours is already placed! I'm waiting for envelopes to mail it that fit the clear cover for the mini playfield.

1 week later
#80 6 years ago

Anyone get their plastic brackets installed?

#81 6 years ago

Huh, funny - I JUST sent you a PM.
Got mine up and installed tonight. Sent a PM with feedback.

I won't be able to use it on my game, as the plastic is too top heavy, and causes the plastic to lean forward after a few games and some ball whacks from air balls.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Anyone get their plastic brackets installed?

Waiting on my sign; will update as soon as it's good to go! Lots of things are going on the TZ soon

#83 6 years ago

I would love to buy one as well

3 weeks later
#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Waiting on my sign; will update as soon as it's good to go! Lots of things are going on the TZ soon

Got my sign yesterday in the mail, thanks to AlexSMendes and Lyonsden! will be installing today with lyonsden's bracket.. something tells me I don't have the screws though, time to go to the hardware store...

Doing our final 2016 taxes too... yikes.. not much time for pinball today

1 week later
#85 6 years ago

Anyone have pictures or feedback on installing the plastic bracket? Coyote ? I'd like to see the problems you had as some people are asking for more and I'd like make corrections as needed.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Anyone have pictures or feedback on installing the plastic bracket? coyote ? I'd like to see the problems you had as some people are asking for more and I'd like make corrections as needed.

Oh! Sure! I have them on my phone. Gimme a little bit and I'll pull them off!

#87 6 years ago

Okay -
Two pics. I thought I took a lot more, and these came out very star-bursty. I need a new phone, apparently.

Anyways - installation was easy, and the clearness of the bracket was amazing. (I bring this up for a later point.)

The only main issues I had was that since I asked for a long one (as from the picture posted earlier that looked fantastic) the plastic is too thin, and my sign kept leaning forward so much that it was hard to read when playing the game. And I didn't even have the light socket mounted on it. The lean is a little noticeable in the first pic.. the longer it sat, the more it leaned forward.

IMG_20170910_215649 (resized).jpgIMG_20170910_215649 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170910_215633 (resized).jpgIMG_20170910_215633 (resized).jpg

I ended up getting my own shorter piece of 'right angle' plastic and used that to mount the sign. It was not NEARLY as nice as @lyonsden's piece, but it worked in a bind for York. The plastic piece I used wasn't as clear as his, and so was a little more noticeable.

All in all, it's a great little 'mod', and if I were to get another from him, I'd ask for a short one. (Another reason I didn't care for the long one was that on my game, it hid a little too much of the area, and that was messing with my shots, oddly enough. Hey, after having the same game for 20+ years.. little things like that can really mess you up! )

#88 6 years ago

This little sign made my game feel 'complete' - it's bothered me since I started reading that article about the Sample TZ games. Great to see it back in action! I just had enough wire to lean my bulb behind the yellow part of the sign, which makes the sign light up, and I think it looks better than just having the bulb dangling out like it normally does.

#89 6 years ago

Thanks Coyote -- yours definitely seems to be 1cm too long. The lean. . . hmm. . . I'll see what I can do about that.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks Coyote -- yours definitely seems to be 1cm too long. The lean. . . hmm. . . I'll see what I can do about that.

Oh, i should mention that when I mounted it, the other end of the bracket was flush up against the metal ball guide there at the top of the powerfield. So, there was no way for me to move it in any more.

But, yes - it looks fantastic.

#91 6 years ago

Looks like the one on mine sticks out the same length as yours. Just to make sure I'm measuring this correctly, you'd like the right side to be lined up over the middle of the post between the two ramps?

61c96b8c5313f34353e64418ed82a6c6f5d6e4fc (resized).jpg61c96b8c5313f34353e64418ed82a6c6f5d6e4fc (resized).jpg

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Looks like the one on mine sticks out the same length as yours. Just to make sure I'm measuring this correctly, you'd like the right side to be lined up over the middle of the post between the two ramps?

That looks interesting -
The holes for mounting the sign on your bracket had the right edge of the sign flush against the right edge of the bracket. On yours pictured above, it looks as if your bracket extends to the right a little more.
Yours looks good like that. Mine was over to the right some more than that.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Ain't that a beautiful PF or what?

PS: You need some gumballs...

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That looks interesting -
The holes for mounting the sign on your bracket had the right edge of the sign flush against the right edge of the bracket. On yours pictured above, it looks as if your bracket extends to the right a little more.

Couldn't see much difference because of the angles the pics were taken... Looks like pretty much the same to me...

Anyway, you also need some gumballs Coyote , oh, and you need to adjust the upper left flipper rubber as well!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Couldn't see much difference because of the angles the pics were taken... Looks like pretty much the same to me...
Anyway, you also need some gumballs coyote , oh, and you need to adjust the upper left flipper rubber as well!

Nope and nope! No mods on my game, and the flipper was adjusted with the hole in the PF. It's solid!

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Nope and nope! No mods on my game, and the flipper was adjusted with the hole in the PF. It's solid!

Yeah, but ain't your red rubber a little off? I mean, up?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Ain't that a beautiful PF or what?
PS: You need some gumballs...

It is the lamp shade on the mini PF -- it really ties the game together.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That looks interesting -

It could easily be the variation that happens when I punch the holes (I need a home laser or water cutter). I'll still go for a shorter bracket (10cm vs 11cm) with the next batch.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yeah, but ain't your red rubber a little off? I mean, up?

Oh, psh. That rubber came off and went into the trash shortly after the pic was taken. All new rubbers for the York show.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Actually found a pic! Ask Coyote if this is the correct one, he is the expert. You can see the plastic on the left of the picture, next to the mini play field

Isn't a lamp supposed to attach in the upper right gap of this plastic? See the image in the early post in this thread i just quoted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 132.00
$ 12.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-twilight-zone-proto-plastic-artwork/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.