3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crispin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I posted this issue in the Quicksilver thread and Flynnyflacon was kind enough to respond he had a similar issue and it turned out to be some chips on the sound board. I recently just finished converting a Quicksilver that fast Eddie just picked up this morning. When playing the last game before breakdown I hit all the quicksilver letters and let the ball drain to enjoy the QS special bonus. To my horror there was no Qs bonus light and sound show before and after the bonus countdown?! I went and checked my game downstairs that's all original and there was no QS special light and sound show either. I know that my game has played it before so it's not in the settings because I haven't changed anything on the settings. The restoration has a brand new weebly mpu and my game downstairs has the original mpu. I would have thought the mpu would be controlling the QS special bonus and you would see the light show but not hear it if the soundboard is bad. Has anyone else experienced losing their QS special bonus?

#5 3 years ago

Thanks dothedoo, it's great when there is nothing wrong with the game just my brain. I forgot that the 5x bonus had to be achieved as well as earning all the letters. Took the glass off, made the special and enjoyed the lightshow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 199.95
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 959.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crispin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-quicksilver-special-bonus-after-earning-all-the-letters?tu=Crispin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.