Old Crow (resized).png
Molly Tuttle (resized).png
5E7A800E-AAAF-4A37-834E-EEA6D6C515F4 (resized).jpeg
D665055E-980B-4FB6-94E3-A54A0406A75C (resized).jpeg
27979F24-0BCE-4103-A214-DB7D3345B100 (resized).jpeg
52B75F40-2097-4A98-B046-2689DB970A88 (resized).jpeg
FFD5B744-C912-46F9-968F-A15D96317B54 (resized).jpeg
91E939F0-FFF3-45AB-8588-C41C0D7236D3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I cant express how much I miss live shows.
Over the last 10 years, so many great artists have passed away. Covid only underlines that if there is music you love, you need to support the artists , and see them live.
Slayer's last show at the Forum, and Fu Manchu at the Roxy, were the last shows I saw.
Cant wait for the rescheduled Judas Priest 50 anniversary tour, I'm planning to follow the tour up the west coast and see 4 or 5 shows .
Other bands/tours looking forward to seeing again, or for the first time.
CHEAP TRICK
FU MANCHU
GHOST
BÖC
CADAVAR
CHURCH OF THE COSMIC SKULL
ORANGE GOBLIN
COROSION OF CONFORMITY
THE BUDOS BAND
DEEP PURPLE
TESTAMENT
GRAVEYARD
URIAH HEEP
ADMIRAL SIR CLOUDSEY SHOVEL
MAJIC SWORD
JOAN JETT
NEBULA
BIG ELF
KILLING JOKE
And a dozen others, you never know when it's the LAST tour, so go see em when you can.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.
[quoted image]

i waited too long and missed Chris Cornell,would like to see Foo Fighters again and maybe some pumpkins but need a smaller venue with chairs (too old) and close enough to see the band

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Not me. With a few exceptions, I've seen every act I wanted to and inhaled enough farts, BO, and cigarette smoke to last several lifetimes along the way. Youngsters today don't even know what they're missing.

people at shows i have been to dont seem to care or respect each others space anymore.I dont bump into people and kinda think it should go both ways.im too old to put my beer down and box to discuss common courtesy.But I have seen the best nothing like it

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

i waited too long and missed Chris Cornell,would like to see Foo Fighters again and maybe some pumpkins but need a smaller venue with chairs (too old) and close enough to see the band

i was lucky enough to see stevie ray vaughn 3x once with Jeff Beck once with BB king,Jeff Beck opened and was so hot SRV did the hendrix thing and lit the guitar on fire

#50 3 years ago

ticket prices wow,my first show was Pat Travers,Cheap Trick and Blue Oyster Cult and i was thinking what 14 bucks is a lot of dough.Led zeppelin was like 17 im thinking madness fast forward wait in line overnight Pink Floyd 75 bucks i was thinking where will it end,those were gold tickets 1st 25 rows btw.spent all night in line and the couple in front of us were taking up the opening sales to get Streisand tickets.great bands actually cheap tickets compared to now.Day on the green shows at oakland coliseum typically had 5 of the best bands available for under 20 bucks.no more nickel cokes

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A few pics from shows I’ve been to over the years to tide you over...
You guys got any of these? Light em up!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice shots I have seen most of those bands we are lucky.not sure any of those bands will make it Big though

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Pink Floyd Divisionbell Tour 1994 was spectacular! I got to see the San Diego show at the Murpf, and the first of two shows at the Rose Bowl Pasadena.
The most beautiful light show and crystal clean sound.
I cant believe that this show would turn someone off to live shows!? What? Bad trip?
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

i saw this tour in oakland or san fran best possible show i could imagine .they did it all .20 rows back people around me were passing out fungi like snacks and i leave it at that

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sweet I love it in there! Seen many shows from that club box, a friend and I would buy the cheapest seats in the house and make up fake club tickets and see the show from there LOL! We'd come early and grab those bar stools. Don't know if that would work nowadays.
We scammed that for Roger Waters, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Peter Gabriel, and a couple other shows.</blockq

A friend of mine saw KISS at the garden in the early 1980s. He said someone smuggled in a watermelon full of vodka with a tap on it, and they were just passing this thing down the row and everybody was getting completely wasted.
How did they get a watermelon in there?!?! A little tougher these days.

yes i put 2 bagies of tequila down my pants 1 show .1 leaked made it look like i peed my pants no one would search me

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

You know what really bugs me? That I didn’t keep the tickets from all the concerts I went to. That I didn’t buy and save the t shirt. That I didn’t take some pictures of the concerts, the bands, the girls I was with.
Dammit. Damn my previous self.
I have to rely only on the memories circulating in my brain cells. And those brain cells are deteriorating by the day.

I have a friend who kept all of her ticket stubs its impressive. I want Foo Fighters tix

6 months later
#178 2 years ago

Green Day,Weezer,and Fall out boy In San Fran tonight hmmm great lineup

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Saw King Crimson and the Zappa Band a few weeks ago and the The Black Crowes last week. Both at The Concord Pavilion in Concord, CA. Outdoor venue. Concessions were open. Lots of people but it was nice to be out listening to music. People in the lawn all respected each others space. Was kind of easy to do because it was not sold out.
I'm going to Phish at Shoreline on Wednesday, possibly a different situation with a lot more people.

King Crimson very underated

#189 2 years ago

Megadeth next week in Concord

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would expect the Stones tour is canceled again. They already lost Jazzfest.
It's kind of sad to see them going out without Charlie. I understand it - it's a business, and canceling a tour because your drummer is sick endangers the livelyhood of hundreds of people - and I am not surprised.
Just seems like the beginning of the end to me. Never wanted the Stones to turn into one of those bands like AC/DC or Priest (or ZZ top for that matter) that chugs along forever and then suddenly starts getting scabbier by the tour. With the Stones continuing, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they take the stage without Charlie, and Ronnie, and then Keith...

Yes its kind of sad sometimes when we see the changes for example LYNYRD SKYNYRD what a fall

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-concerts-how-about-you?tu=jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.