Old Crow (resized).png
Molly Tuttle (resized).png
5E7A800E-AAAF-4A37-834E-EEA6D6C515F4 (resized).jpeg
D665055E-980B-4FB6-94E3-A54A0406A75C (resized).jpeg
27979F24-0BCE-4103-A214-DB7D3345B100 (resized).jpeg
52B75F40-2097-4A98-B046-2689DB970A88 (resized).jpeg
FFD5B744-C912-46F9-968F-A15D96317B54 (resized).jpeg
91E939F0-FFF3-45AB-8588-C41C0D7236D3 (resized).jpeg
There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 2 years ago

I just stopped going to concerts in general. Every time my seat is way up at the top, I get too drunk or too stoned, then I just tumble and fall down the stairs. So I called it quits.

#152 2 years ago

I've never missed a Rolling Stones concert when they came to my area.

I'm not planning on going to their October show.

High ticket prices. A mile or two hike in and out. Half mile inside. Stand for a couple hours. High crime rate in Minneapolis. And Charlie Watts is out for this tour.

I don't have the time or money, or I'd consider a different city. I'll watch on Youtube or get the DVD.

LTG : )

#153 2 years ago

I miss Fiddlers Conventions. Hit all, Galax, Frieze, Bass Mountain.
But the one I really miss is Camp Springs NC.
An old Oprey Promoter Carlton Haney owned it and brought in all these ancient Country acts as well as the hottest ones at that time.
Can't remember the last Fidz seen advertised but I got out of it for awhile.
It was amazing, straight razorbacks, Biker Gangs and everything in between, but everybody got along.
Would love to organize one again but it may not work at this time.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've never missed a Rolling Stones concert when they came to my area.
I'm not planning on going to their October show.
High ticket prices. A mile or two hike in and out. Half mile inside. Stand for a couple hours. High crime rate in Minneapolis. And Charlie Watts is out for this tour.
I don't have the time or money, or I'd consider a different city. I'll watch on Youtube or get the DVD.

I would expect the Stones tour is canceled again. They already lost Jazzfest.

It's kind of sad to see them going out without Charlie. I understand it - it's a business, and canceling a tour because your drummer is sick endangers the livelyhood of hundreds of people - and I am not surprised.

Just seems like the beginning of the end to me. Never wanted the Stones to turn into one of those bands like AC/DC or Priest (or ZZ top for that matter) that chugs along forever and then suddenly starts getting scabbier by the tour. With the Stones continuing, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they take the stage without Charlie, and Ronnie, and then Keith...

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just seems like the beginning of the end to me.

A shame too. Their last time here at the UofM stadium. It looked they were having a really great time performing. First time I've seen them like that in all their concerts I've seen.

#156 2 years ago

The Stones tour is going on with Keith’s solo drummer Steve Jordan filling in for Charlie. I’ll be going to the Minneapolis show and while not ideal, I’m still looking forward to it. I’m sure it’ll probably be the last time I’ll ever see them. It’s been a good run.

Besides… Great overdue chance to stop in and see Lloyd!

#157 2 years ago

Out door Concerts are so much better. Space to move around. Can't imagine going to a crowded Arena, there is no one out there worthy that is Touring right now.

#158 2 years ago

Devo next month with my bud Levi

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

The Stones tour is going on with Keith’s solo drummer Steve Jordan filling in for Charlie. I’ll be going to the Minneapolis show and while not ideal, I’m still looking forward to it. I’m sure it’ll probably be the last time I’ll ever see them. It’s been a good run.
Besides… Great overdue chance to stop in and see Lloyd!

Yep, Steve was one of Charlie’s understudy’s so I’m sure from a technical drumming perspective he will be fine and the songs will sound on point. Not ideal by any means and I truly think this will be it for the Stones in the US. Maybe small Europe/Uk tour in 2022.
Glad we are getting to see them one more time in Pittsburgh!

#160 2 years ago

The Shinedown show went off without a hitch last night! Was great to be at a concert again. They seemed very happy to be on stage too. Sounded great, great weather too!!!

Chris

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The Shinedown show went off without a hitch last night! Was great to be at a concert again. They seemed very happy to be on stage too. Sounded great, great weather too!!!
Chris

Just out of curiousity and with the idea we don't want this to turn into any kind of political debate, what was the venue and crowd like? Any restrictions on size, pit, concessions, etc.? So far the ones I've been to in OH and FL have been wide open and full capacity, have two coming up at an outdoor venue in IN this weekend and it looks to be business as (pre-covid) usual.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Just out of curiousity and with the idea we don't want this to turn into any kind of political debate, what was the venue and crowd like? Any restrictions on size, pit, concessions, etc.? So far the ones I've been to in OH and FL have been wide open and full capacity, have two coming up at an outdoor venue in IN this weekend and it looks to be business as (pre-covid) usual.

Hard to answer without making it "political" ha but you've been in two pretty red states. Dewine is pretty focused on trying to salvage his reelection hopes with his base here in Ohio, so I wouldn't anticipate any more restrictions here at venues. Florida is, well...yeah...not shocked the places you've been are BAU.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Hard to answer without making it "political" ha but you've been in two pretty red states. Dewine is pretty focused on trying to salvage his reelection hopes with his base here in Ohio, so I wouldn't anticipate any more restrictions here at venues. Florida is, well...yeah...not shocked the places you've been are BAU.

Yes, I was specifically asking SilverUnicorn because his location is listed as the Philly area which I believe is quite diffferent. Just curious what's going on outside my own worlds.

#164 2 years ago

Kiss is coming to the Gorge, in George ,Washington in sept. If you haven't seen a show there yet, I highly recommend. We live 30 miles away, and have seen many concerts there.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yes, I was specifically asking SilverUnicorn because his location is listed as the Philly area which I believe is quite diffferent. Just curious what's going on outside my own worlds.

Got it, I'd be curious as well. I'm going to my first "concert" (in quotes because its a solo act at a bar) in 2 weeks since December 2019, but I'm not envisioning wall to wall people. I think it may depend alot on the artist too...I haven't been following it closely but I thought I saw the current Foo Fighters tour required proof of vaccine...Lollapalooza too. Wouldn't be surprised if that's where alot of places headed.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Kiss is coming to the Gorge, in George ,Washington in sept. If you haven't seen a show there yet, I highly recommend. We live 30 miles away, and have seen many concerts there.

We went the final year of Sasquatch and have tickets for our third "Labor Dave" DMB weekend this year, we are just praying it actually happens! It is an amazing place, completely unlike anything else I've ever seen.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#167 2 years ago

We are thinking of cheating this year and taking our boat. You can sit right underneath the amphitheater and hear very well. You can see the back of the stage, but not the performance. I hear DMB is still on, watershed was 2 weeks ago, 35,000+ people.

#168 2 years ago

Just got rid for three shows. Angel's and airwaves, jimmy eat world, and pennywise

Starting sept and on to October and November

Cant wait!!!

#169 2 years ago

Chris

Where was this at Chris?

#170 2 years ago

Upcoming shows:

Priest in Reading PA in Sept.

Priest and a bunch of other bands at Warlando in Sept. (if the state isn't a post-apocalyptic nightmare by then)

Blood Incantation (club show) in Brooklyn in Sept.

Stones in Dallas in November (though I have my doubts about that one for a number of reasons)

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Where was this at Chris?

This was at Musikfest in Bethlehem.

bobukcat - no restrictions. Concessions were open, the place was packed. This is an outdoor venue so maybe indoor stuff would be different but it didn’t seem that way from the buildings we did go into.

645FEEBF-ED2D-4E62-84F3-5913B866C989 (resized).jpeg645FEEBF-ED2D-4E62-84F3-5913B866C989 (resized).jpegCB2F05CE-4ED8-4C93-A693-B176F309F04F (resized).jpegCB2F05CE-4ED8-4C93-A693-B176F309F04F (resized).jpegDD341B8D-E2E6-44B5-8457-E23C79F20859 (resized).jpegDD341B8D-E2E6-44B5-8457-E23C79F20859 (resized).jpeg
#172 2 years ago

This was at Musikfest in Bethlehem.
bobukcat - no restrictions. Concessions were open, the place was packed. This is an outdoor venue so maybe indoor stuff would be different but it didn’t seem that way from the buildings we did go into.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know your photo is from the "simulated lighter" light show of phone flashlights but it did make me think that one restriction at live shows I'd be in favor of has nothing to due with any virus- it's people recording the show with their damn phone held up in front of them! Enjoy the moment, the lousy video you take on your phone is no replacement for it!!

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I know your photo is from the "simulated lighter" light show of phone flashlights but it did make me think that one restriction at live shows I'd be in favor of has nothing to due with any virus- it's people recording the show with their damn phone held up in front of them! Enjoy the moment, the lousy video you take on your phone is no replacement for it!!

I agree to a point too. before they did one song, Enemies, the singer stopped everyone and told them to put away their phones and just enjoy the moment. Was great.

I recorded one song but I was out of the way and tried to not be annoying. But yeah, sometimes you have to enjoy the show for real and not through a phone.

Chris

#174 2 years ago

I got a feeling my concerts are largely going to be cancelled again in the fall. On the good side I should be alive to go to them next year.

The cancellations are beginning. IMO.

#176 2 years ago

Jazzfest being cancelled was a huge bellwether.

I was pretty surprised they pulled the plug on it.

#177 2 years ago

Saw Molly Tuttle at Arden, I guess you would call her bluegrass? maybe. She did most excellent versions of Grateful Dead's Standing on the Moon, and Rancid's Olympia, WA.

Saw Red Baraat also at Arden, they did kind of a hip-hip/jazz/ska thing with a SE Asia flair. They were great

Both concerts bring your own chair, used kind of a pod system and mask up if you were going to the beer tent or food trucks. No issues at all seeing shows like this.

Saw Dark Star Orchestra in downstate Delaware, much larger venue but again outdoors and using pod system and your own chair.

Smaller, outdoor concerts are great. No idea how I feel about being cooped up indoors with thousands of people

2 weeks later
#178 2 years ago

Green Day,Weezer,and Fall out boy In San Fran tonight hmmm great lineup

#179 2 years ago

Kiss at the gorge in gorge, wa in 2 weeks,,,,,,if Stanley is recovered from covid

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Kiss at the gorge in gorge, wa in 2 weeks,,,,,,if Stanley is recovered from covid

Hopefully he stops spitting guitar picks at fans by then !!

#181 2 years ago

I have been listening to old concerts. I found the David lee Roth at auburn hills stadium. It was the second night the brand new auditorium was open at all.

I am listening because it is interesting. Also, me and a friend of mine where yelling at some point one after the other. I’m hoping I can hear that nonsense in there somewhere…

The auditorium became this at one point. Kind of chilling.

37A020A4-2394-4FB7-A9FE-57673A885654 (resized).jpeg37A020A4-2394-4FB7-A9FE-57673A885654 (resized).jpeg
#182 2 years ago

Saw King Crimson and the Zappa Band a few weeks ago and the The Black Crowes last week. Both at The Concord Pavilion in Concord, CA. Outdoor venue. Concessions were open. Lots of people but it was nice to be out listening to music. People in the lawn all respected each others space. Was kind of easy to do because it was not sold out.

I'm going to Phish at Shoreline on Wednesday, possibly a different situation with a lot more people.

#183 2 years ago

Going to the King Crimson/Zappa show Tuesday, outdoor venue. Was supposed to see the Residents today in Detroit but it was cancelled, not sure if it was related to COVID.

Anyone here going to Devo in NYC? I have a couch to crash on and want to make the road trip but haven’t got tickets yet. What’s the likelihood this gets cancelled, or what kind of restrictions are happening in NY?

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Saw King Crimson and the Zappa Band a few weeks ago and the The Black Crowes last week. Both at The Concord Pavilion in Concord, CA. Outdoor venue. Concessions were open. Lots of people but it was nice to be out listening to music. People in the lawn all respected each others space. Was kind of easy to do because it was not sold out.
I'm going to Phish at Shoreline on Wednesday, possibly a different situation with a lot more people.

King Crimson very underated

#185 2 years ago

I saw Wilco and Sleater Kinney 2 weeks ago at an outdoor venue with about 2000 other people. Vaccine or negative test were required and I still felt a little uncomfortable. No one was wearing masks.

Had Pixies tickets for September and they just cancelled the tour.

Have tickets to see The Dead at a 30k+ outdoor venue in September.

I might decide to go see Dinosaur Jr. at a 2k cap indoor venue next month that requires vaccine or negative test but as of right now that idea still makes me feel very uncomfortable unless they enforce masks, which most venues around here don’t seem to be doing.

#186 2 years ago

I brought my mask to the two outdoor shows. I wore it around the concession area, the restrooms, and when everyone files in and out. But I took it off in the lawn when I was chilling listening to the show and had space. Masks in the bathroom have a double purpose. Lol.

#187 2 years ago

Saw puddle of mud last weekend at an outdoor venue in PA. It was a great time!. Also saw Get The Led out last month. It was also a very good show. I missed hearing live music last year.

#188 2 years ago

I decided not to go to a show this week that I originally bought tickets for in 2019, when it got cancelled, then again in 2020. If it was an outdoor venue, might have been fine. I have my eye on a couple November shows, but they'll be indoors as well.

#189 2 years ago

Megadeth next week in Concord

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Saw puddle of mud last weekend at an outdoor venue in PA. It was a great time!. Also saw Get The Led out last month. It was also a very good show. I missed hearing live music last year.

We saw Puddle of Mudd at Musikfest one year and holy cow were they entertaining. I'm pretty sure the singer was totally wasted, but they put on a great show! LOL

Chris

#191 2 years ago

Got to see Fart Barf at DNA lounge in the city (SF) last night, first concert in a year and a half. Captured by robots opened, super cool show, but they were very, very strict about vaccine cards and temperature checks, I saw them turn away several people for not being vaccinated. Felt safe, everyone was masked when not drinking. Masks in the bathroom are kinda nice, especially in a dirty ass club.
They did have a Theater of maintenance tho! dropped a few quarters.
B

#192 2 years ago

We're packing up and catching a flight to Seattle (not going anywhere near downtown if I can help it) to pick up a camper van and head to DMB Gorge (affectionility called Labor Dave) Weekend, gonna hit some other smaller places to camp before we head back home next week since we did Ranier last time. We're SO excited and happy they didn't cancel this thing!!

#193 2 years ago

We saw Puddle of Mudd at Musikfest one year and holy cow were they entertaining. I'm pretty sure the singer was totally wasted, but they put on a great show! LOL
Chris

I was at that show and yes, Scantlin is always wasted.

#194 2 years ago

As long as nobody in the band or crew gets COVID I'll be seeing Judas Priest in Reading, PA next week. Can't wait!

I know the chances of leaving Reading, PA, without catching COVID again myself are probably pretty small but whatever, it's time to rock.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As long as nobody in the band or crew gets COVID I'll be seeing Judas Priest in Reading, PA next week. Can't wait!

That's awesome. Have a good time.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would expect the Stones tour is canceled again. They already lost Jazzfest.
It's kind of sad to see them going out without Charlie. I understand it - it's a business, and canceling a tour because your drummer is sick endangers the livelyhood of hundreds of people - and I am not surprised.
Just seems like the beginning of the end to me. Never wanted the Stones to turn into one of those bands like AC/DC or Priest (or ZZ top for that matter) that chugs along forever and then suddenly starts getting scabbier by the tour. With the Stones continuing, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they take the stage without Charlie, and Ronnie, and then Keith...

Yes its kind of sad sometimes when we see the changes for example LYNYRD SKYNYRD what a fall

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yes its kind of sad sometimes when we see the changes for example LYNYRD SKYNYRD what a fall

For sure. I mean I have no problem seeing bands with scabs, especially oldies acts. It's generally unavoidable. Priest will be playing without either of their original guitar players (one is ill, the other left 10 year ago and has been whining like a baby ever since trying to get back in).

But the Stones I hold to a higher standard and it's going to be sad watching them turn into Skynyrd over the next few years. Really wish they'd call it a day.

"But it's what Charlie wanted!" - they ALWAYS say this. Cynical. I imagine Charlie and Dusty Hill had better things to think about on their deathbeds than whether or not the bands continued on without them.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For sure. I mean I have no problem seeing bands with scabs, especially oldies acts. It's generally unavoidable. Priest will be playing without either of their original guitar players (one is ill, the other left 10 year ago and has been whining like a baby ever since trying to get back in).
But the Stones I hold to a higher standard and it's going to be sad watching them turn into Skynyrd over the next few years. Really wish they'd call it a day.
"But it's what Charlie wanted!" - they ALWAYS say this. Cynical. I imagine Charlie and Dusty Hill had better things to think about on their deathbeds than whether or not the bands continued on without them.

I felt this way about The Who when I saw them on the tour when Entwistle died right before it started, can't remember what year that was. I may have skipped the show but we bought tickets before he died and I had never seen them before ( I live in Cincinnati and they skipped us for a LONG time for a certain reason!) so we went. We enjoyed the show but Roger's voice was pretty shot as it was near the end of the tour so they played more instrumental stuff than normal which made me miss his bass even more.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I felt this way about The Who when I saw them on the tour when Entwistle died right before it started, can't remember what year that was. I may have skipped the show but we bought tickets before he died and I had never seen them before ( I live in Cincinnati and they skipped us for a LONG time for a certain reason!) so we went. We enjoyed the show but Roger's voice was pretty shot as it was near the end of the tour so they played more instrumental stuff than normal which made me miss his bass even more.

Yes that was a seminal tour in scab history!

I think it was 2002.

I had seen The Who in 2000 and it was amazing. They were of course without Keith Moon but with the 3 of them up there it still felt pretty authentic and Pete was playing like a madman, and of course John was John. I had tickets for the 2002 show, which as you said, went on as scheduled, so I went and saw them. The show wasn't nearly as good, for many reasons. John not being there certainly didn't help.

"The show must go on, John would have wanted it this way!"

20 years later and the Who are still touring! It's Pete + Rog and friends at this point as far as I'm concerned, just not the same thing.

It's always hit or miss. I don't begrudge people for going to these shows, it's almost always going to be more fun than staying home!

#200 2 years ago

King Crimson Sept 9. Devo Sept 21

There are 300 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-concerts-how-about-you/page/4?hl=afinemoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.