10 days ago

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Jackontherocks
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5140 (resized).JPG
IMG_5145 (resized).JPG
IMG_5317 (resized).JPG
IMG_4455 (resized).JPG
IMG_4468 (resized).JPG
2021-02-25_01-06-13 (resized).jpg
2021-02-25_12-27-47 (resized).jpg
20201031_194946 (resized).jpg
20201031_165302 (resized).jpg
20201025_154319 (resized).jpg
IMG_2503 (resized).jpg
IMG_0927 (resized).jpg
20160820_222810 (resized).jpg
20160928_221153 (resized).jpg
20170619_213510 (resized).jpg
20180624_221340 (resized).jpg

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 days ago

Silversun Pickups, we've seen them at least six times and they never disappoint! Something about a bad-ass female bass player makes me smile.

SSPU (resized).png
#102 7 days ago

Gvt Mule with Dave opening up at the Gorge for DMB, Vampire Weekend, Joywave.

JoyWave (resized).pngVampire (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#103 7 days ago

Manchester (another one who never disappoints), Weezer and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (the last Sasquatch Fest at the Gorge).

Manchester (resized).pngSonofaB*** (resized).pngriversC (resized).png
#104 7 days ago

Not missing any of those huge shows, never really got the whole arena rock scene, but I do miss the punk shows and blues gigs.
I had Tix for Mudhoney and the Meat Puppets at fillmore last May, bummed I missed that, who knows if they'll reschedule.
Got to see Toots one last time before covid, now he's gone, super glad I got to see that. Also caught Green Day at a local bar playing under a fake name about 3 weeks before lockdown, that was fun.
Hoping that Neurosis will play local again once this is all over.
Wonder if I'll ever get to see Bob Log 3 ever again, that kinda show is probably over forever.
Ok....I guess I miss live shows more than I thought.
B

#105 7 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Manchester (another one who never disappoints), Weezer and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (the last Sasquatch Fest at the Gorge).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, you like to travel, but I will say to everyone who hasn't been to the gorge, in George, Washington, if the weather is good, its unbeatable.. nice grassy ledges to sit on, beautiful views of the Columbia River and the acoustics are unreal!! Parking sucks tho, so if you go, just wait awhile before you leave.

#107 7 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Man, you like to travel, but I will say to everyone who hasn't been to the gorge, in George, Washington, if the weather is good, its unbeatable.. nice grassy ledges to sit on, beautiful views of the Columbia River and the acoustics are unreal!! Parking sucks tho, so if you go, just wait awhile before you leave.

Or camp out there, even better! Just remember to bring a heavy sleeping bag / blankets because it can get really cold at night!

#108 7 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Maybe I'll bring my Adventures of Ford Fairlane crew jacket and try to get him to sign it.

I watch Ford Fairlane once every other year or so. Such a great film, for what it is trying to be. My son's Frat Brothers love ADC, and they have never seen FF. They f'ing loved it.

#109 7 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Speaking of cool venues, this River Stage they put up on the Serpentine wall at Bunbury in Cincinnati is a really neat, relatively small way to see a show with great acoustics, built-in seats and a cool backdrop of the Ohio River and Newport KY on the other side. It's not even close to be Gorge-level cool but in the Midwest it's sweet. The bad part is that if the river is up at all, which it has been for a couple years of the festival, they obviously have to move this up on land. Alpine Valley in Wisconsin is another really cool place to see a show but walking up and down that hill SUCKS when you have to drain a few beverages from your bladder.

pasted_image (resized).png
#110 7 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Speaking of cool venues, this River Stage they put up on the Serpentine wall at Bunbury in Cincinnati is a really neat, relatively small way to see a show with great acoustics, built-in seats and a cool backdrop of the Ohio River and Newport KY on the other side. It's not even close to be Gorge-level cool but in the Midwest it's sweet. The bad part is that if the river is up at all, which it has been for a couple years of the festival, they obviously have to move this up on land. Alpine Valley in Wisconsin is another really cool place to see a show but walking up and down that hill SUCKS when you have to drain a few beverages from your bladder.
[quoted image]

Looks cool, I'll be looking for a good show to attend

#111 7 days ago

We like seeing all the crazies after sasquatch show up in town, look like a bunch of zombies!!!

#112 7 days ago

Seems like I was going to a concert every other week in my 20s and 30s. I've pretty much had my fill and seen everyone I ever wanted to. Once in a while I'll go to a show to see an old fave, but it's not the same. I'd prefer to remember them the way they were.

Once or twice a year my buddies and I might go see a someone at a smaller venue, but flat out concerts/All Day 10 Band Paloozas etc.....been there, done that. You can have the $50 t shirts and $12 beers.

#113 7 days ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

.been there, done that. You can have the $50 t shirts and $12 beers.

Smuggle in your own stash and buy bootleg Ts in the parking lot.

BOOM!

#114 7 days ago
Quoted from Methos:

I watch Ford Fairlane once every other year or so. Such a great film, for what it is trying to be. My son's Frat Brothers love ADC, and they have never seen FF. They f'ing loved it.

He's hillarious in that stupid chick-flick "Casual Sex?" with Lea Thompson. "He starts saying nail-her, nail-her so I jump over the seat..."

#115 7 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

He's hillarious in that stupid chick-flick "Casual Sex?" with Lea Thompson. "He starts saying nail-her, nail-her so I jump over the seat..."

I'll have to watch that. I know he has a small part in AMAZON WOMEN FROM THE MOON where he offs himself and his wife.....

He was really good in A Star is Born.

#116 7 days ago

Steve Morse at the coachouse in Santa Monica was exceptional. We have some great venues in California.

On the topic of female bass players it was white zombie opening for Danzig on Halloween.
I have always thought female bass players are awesome as well.

#117 7 days ago

Fall of 2019 was the last concert I saw.
Dweezil Zappa, in York PA.

Man...I really miss live music.

Dweezil (resized).jpg

#118 7 days ago

As the owner of a regional concert production company, I sure do miss them, especially the festivals. But I really miss all the folks we work with all year more.

#119 7 days ago

Found a picture from my Birds of a Feather Free@Noon concert. Just imagine being that close to Les Claypool watching his gorilla hands abuse the bass, I didn't even know bassists could play percussion with their thumb while playing. Amazing to witness

birds (resized).jpg
#120 6 days ago

That reminded me of when I saw The Claypool Lennon Delirium at House of Blues Anaheim in July 2019. Fantastic show.

MVIMG_20190702_210503 (resized).jpg
#121 6 days ago

To prove I don't only go to Rock concerts here's a crappy one of Allison Krause and Union Station Joining Willy at the end of his set. Too bad they only did this country festival once in Cincinnati. Allison has such an amazing voice even though I really don't like traditional bluegrass (they may kick me out of the state for publicly saying that). I also saw DMB and Willy together one time at the minor league baseball field in Louisville but I cannot find any pictures from that. I may have forgotten to take any, LOL.

P.S. I despise people who hold their damned phone up in front of them recording during concerts (or fireworks), I take a few snaps at most during a show and make it as quick as possible.

pasted_image (resized).png
#122 6 days ago

Let's see some more pics from shows and less "get off my lawn" stories from people who don't go to shows anymore because they've lost their love for life!

Here's Big Data at the All Star Game

Big Data (resized).png
#123 6 days ago

Rock Tuba courtesy of O.A.R.

OAR (resized).png
#124 6 days ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

That reminded me of when I saw The Claypool Lennon Delirium at House of Blues Anaheim in July 2019. Fantastic show.
[quoted image]

I missed that show due to my health...

#125 6 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I missed that show due to my health...

I'm very sorry to hear that! The stars just happened to align that the show fell when I was in the area for a few days. I was staying at Disneyland Hotel and you'd have thought I was trying to smuggle in cocaine when I went through security with a gig poster.

Delirium2_grande (resized).jpg
#126 6 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

To prove I don't only go to Rock concerts here's a crappy one of Allison Krause and Union Station Joining Willy at the end of his set. Too bad they only did this country festival once in Cincinnati. Allison has such an amazing voice even though I really don't like traditional bluegrass (they may kick me out of the state for publicly saying that). I also saw DMB and Willy together one time at the minor league baseball field in Louisville but I cannot find any pictures from that. I may have forgotten to take any, LOL.
P.S. I despise people who hold their damned phone up in front of them recording during concerts (or fireworks), I take a few snaps at most during a show and make it as quick as possible.
[quoted image]

Can’t agree more.

If I can’t get a picture with my camera at eye level I don’t take a pic. And if I’m that far away it’ll be a crappy pic anyway.

#127 6 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Rock Tuba courtesy of O.A.R.
[quoted image]

One of my bands, The Knobs!! (Me on drums)

90BCFE78-6A5B-49C5-B622-48875D0B8C75 (resized).jpeg
#128 6 days ago

Last concert my wife and I were at was Twenty One Pilots in Vegas. It was awesome!

I have no idea who the guy in the Misfits hat is but his photo bomb was part of the fun and electricity at the MGM Grand that night.

QSS

PS Me and the wife were definitely "the senior citizens" in the crowd that night. Dang, those Twenty One Pilots fans are young and they sure do have a ton of energy.

Damn I miss going to concerts!!

20191030_195340 (resized).jpg20191030_204352 (resized).jpg20191030_215203 (resized).jpg

#129 6 days ago

If you ever get the chance to see "Here Come The Mummies" you won't regret it. They are one of the best live bands I have ever seen.

20191019222201 (2) (resized).JPGDSC03213 (resized).JPG
#130 5 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

[quoted image]

I saw Willie Nelson / AK-Union Station at the Berkeley Theater what seems like 8-10 years ago. What a great combo for a tour. Very enjoyable.

#131 5 days ago

Here's a look straight up at Zakk Wylde on the balcony the last time I saw Black Label Society.

"He sweated on me!" my friend said without a trace of horror. Times were different way back in 2019.

balcony (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190512_214706 (resized).jpg

#132 5 days ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Last concert my wife and I were at was Twenty One Pilots in Vegas. It was awesome!
I have no idea who the guy in the Misfits hat is but his photo bomb was part of the fun and electricity at the MGM Grand that night.
QSS
PS Me and the wife were definitely "the senior citizens" in the crowd that night. Dang, those Twenty One Pilots fans are young and they sure do have a ton of energy.
Damn I miss going to concerts!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m 61 and love 21 Pilots.My daughter played some songs by them for me and I was hooked.Cant wait to see them again.

#133 5 days ago

My first concert was Deep Purple on the Perfect Strangers tour. I've seen a few bands, the last being AC/DC for Black Ice. The cost of tickets was getting out-of-hand back then.
Thorold's big on the blues & there's a pub, Donnelley's, that has blues Wed. nights & Sat. afternoon on the patio. My neighbours & I really miss getting out & having a few in the sun. Doesn't look like it'll be possible this year, hopefully they're still around next year.

#134 5 days ago
Quoted from epjohn68:

If you ever get the chance to see "Here Come The Mummies" you won't regret it. They are one of the best live bands I have ever seen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've been wracking my brain trying to remember who we saw them open for and I'm still at a loss. So many concerts, so many venues, so many brain-cells killed off. But speaking of weird shows if you've never seen the Flaming Lips it's worth a ticket just for the odd stage show. This was a real shock to me when I saw them a few years ago because I saw them a long time ago when "She don't use Jelly" had just come out and it was just some dudes with long hair playing really loud and spitting on the stage.

#135 5 days ago

In no particular order, Pink, Train, Green Day, Barenaked Ladies and Poison. Hoping to get to the Hella Mega with Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer whenever it is happening.

20131206_213351 (resized).jpg20160820_222810 (resized).jpg20160928_221153 (resized).jpg20170619_213510 (resized).jpg20180624_221340 (resized).jpg
#136 5 days ago

Heck yes I miss concerts! I've been to hundreds of concerts since the 70's and have postponed tickets to see The Stones, Rage against the Machine & Kiss. Unfortunately, I'm getting to the age and with arthritis and all, that I'm slowing down. If I had to quit concerts tomorrow, I'd be happy. It's been a good run, and I've seen just about everybody.

Pictures from my last Concert before covid hit, Stiff Little Fingers on 10/19/2019. And one of my first concerts. Black Oak Arkansas 12/5/1975 ($6.50 and the backup band was Foghat who were my main reason for going). I belonged to the photography club in High School and in those days, you could take a camera with a long lens and nobody would bat an eye.

Great times!

IMG_0927 (resized).jpgIMG_2503 (resized).jpg
#137 5 days ago

You know what really bugs me? That I didn’t keep the tickets from all the concerts I went to. That I didn’t buy and save the t shirt. That I didn’t take some pictures of the concerts, the bands, the girls I was with.

Dammit. Damn my previous self.

I have to rely only on the memories circulating in my brain cells. And those brain cells are deteriorating by the day.

#138 5 days ago
Quoted from tullster:

Heck yes I miss concerts! I've been to hundreds of concerts since the 70's and have postponed tickets to see The Stones, Rage against the Machine & Kiss. Unfortunately, I'm getting to the age and with arthritis and all, that I'm slowing down. If I had to quit concerts tomorrow, I'd be happy. It's been a good run, and I've seen just about everybody.
Pictures from my last Concert before covid hit, Stiff Little Fingers on 10/19/2019. And one of my first concerts. Black Oak Arkansas 12/5/1975 ($6.50 and the backup band was Foghat who were my main reason for going). I belonged to the photography club in High School and in those days, you could take a camera with a long lens and nobody would bat an eye.
Great times!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool pic!

I don’t know much about Black Oak except that Jim Dandy thinks David Lee Roth stole his act.

#139 5 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

You know what really bugs me? That I didn’t keep the tickets from all the concerts I went to. That I didn’t buy and save the t shirt. That I didn’t take some pictures of the concerts, the bands, the girls I was with.
Dammit. Damn my previous self.
I have to rely only on the memories circulating in my brain cells. And those brain cells are deteriorating by the day.

I have a friend who kept all of her ticket stubs its impressive. I want Foo Fighters tix

#140 5 days ago

I built this stage last fall at a friend's place. We're not waiting around, had a show for Halloween and going to start again soon.

20201025_154319 (resized).jpg20201031_165302 (resized).jpg20201031_194946 (resized).jpg
#141 5 days ago

I miss concerts. Go to plenty every year. Can't wait to get back at it.

Couple of odd/fun pics.
My contacts after a GWAR show2021-02-25_12-27-47 (resized).jpg
Me on stage with Peelander Z (I can't actually do anything meaningful with a guitar, but they didn't care)

2021-02-25_01-06-13 (resized).jpg
#142 4 days ago
IMG_4455 (resized).JPGIMG_4468 (resized).JPGIMG_5140 (resized).JPGIMG_5145 (resized).JPGIMG_5317 (resized).JPG
#143 4 days ago

Yes one of my favorites things to do. Always get great sets and love music. Still have my Rage Against the Machine and Judas Priest tickets still paid for pending new date.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 15.00
Apparel - Unisex
Silverball Swag
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Professor Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 60.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
£ 32.00
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside