Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

battery_empty (resized).png
    #1 9 years ago

I have battery change reminders enabled, but I just noticed that I didn't receive any reminder email. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm assuming that the reminder is yearly?

9 months later
    #2 8 years ago

Has anyone received their battery warning recently? Just one or two comments in the positive will let me "resolve" this thread.

#3 8 years ago

I can let you know if I receive mine sometime in August. That's when I think it should go out for me.

1 week later
    #4 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Has anyone received their battery warning recently? Just one or two comments in the positive will let me "resolve" this thread.

I don't see the resolve option. How can non staff members mark topics as resolved?

#5 8 years ago

According to my log files, they are being sent out. If anyone could help out and test this by setting one of their games' battery dates to tomorrow and see if you get an e-mail I would appreciate it!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

According to my log files, they are being sent out. If anyone could help out and test this by setting one of their games' battery dates to tomorrow and see if you get an e-mail I would appreciate it!

Since I'm the OP, I figure I should test this. I've set one of my games to have a battery replace date of 2014-06-21, so I should get an email tomorrow reminding me. I'll let you know what I get.

#7 8 years ago

Robin: I just checked my email (including spam folder) and I never received any reminder, so it looks like it's still broken. Can you check the logs and see if you see anything?

Let me know if I can help some more to get this fixed.

3 months later
    #8 8 years ago

Hi Robin: Just checking in again. I was supposed to get a reminder email yesterday, but I did not get anything.
    Is this still a work in progress?
    Please let me know if you'd like me to work with you in private to get this to work. It's a great feature when working.

1 year later
    #9 7 years ago

Just checking in again... It's been another year and I didn't get any reminder emails. Is this supposed to be working?

#10 7 years ago

Just put NVRAM in there & forget it.

1 month later
    #11 7 years ago

I'm very sorry for the lack of a reply. For some reason I have missed this thread for the past... 15 months. Ugh, my bad.

Anyways, I looked into this today and it turns out the notification service was working! ... But only on mondays. Oops, a typo in the configuration.

I have fixed it and the battery notification service should now work again.

For people who have no idea what this means. In your My Pinside > My collection page you can set the battery replace date for any game in your collection. You will receive a replacement reminder every year on that date.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks. I'll keep this thread updated. Likely in about a year, since I just changed all my batteries.

#13 7 years ago

Robin, Is there anyway to disable battery notification and have a selection "NVRAM" installed? I still have a mixture, but majority of my games are battery free!

#14 7 years ago

There isn't a specific NVRAM option (good idea!) but you can clear the battery date for a game and it will no longer send notifications for that game.

battery_empty (resized).pngbattery_empty (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-battery-change-reminder-email and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.