(Topic ID: 166140)

Missing a chime

By PoBoyPinball

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Need some help my Bally Eight Ball is having a issue with the 100 point chime. Game boot up its not there playing a game for the most part not working but occasionally does work. One thing I just noticed it seems that when I hit a 100 point switch it may register like 300 or 500 like the switch has been hit multiple times but it hasn't been. The 10 point chime is working as it should

#2 7 years ago

It's time to get in there and see what's going on. A chime is just a regular coil (like a flipper), but only has one circuit in it. So the first check is mechanical. Is the striker dropping back down or getting stuck up at the chime.

The striker could be broken, the sleeve could be bad, lots of stuff. Fortunately you have other chimes right there to show you how it should be (the 10 point chime).

#3 7 years ago

Oh ya don't know what I was thinking I will go into test mode and test the sounds then test from the driver board as you are correct it's just firing a coil

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/missing-a-chime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.