View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
15-cad-10232-sbp (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

I think the game is 'ok', but I've only played a handful of times. You cannot waste more than one ball, so you have to be extremely comfortable with the layout.

Tough game. There are quite a few out there in fairly decent condition in the States, from what I've seen.

#17 6 years ago

How did pricing on these 40 coin max games like miss u or Tahiti compare with previous games?

#20 6 years ago

If I read the schematic properly, it is a 40 coin max. There's a coin unit in line with various portioning circuits. It also has the coin unit in line with the all scores advance relay. These are common to all 40 coin max games.

Interesting that it's not on the flyer.

#22 6 years ago

Hmm... Gonna look at that closer when I get home.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from okorange:

There's not open at top switches on the coin counter unit, so maybe not. It doesn't look like there's any way to prevent additional play past 40.

okorange It looks like there are switches. In the manual, two switches are called out - one moves additional coins beyond 40 to the program extender disc. Located at G-35.

The program extender disc has 59 unique positions and nothing showing in the manual that there's a top switch. The schematic confirms this as well. Every coin below 40 goes through the coin unit and the scrambler before hitting the program disc, every coin above 40 goes straight through the program extender to the program disc (when certain rivets are hit).

So! All that to say that no, it's not a 40 coin max, but it sure uses all the parts of a 40 coin max...

Basically, the portioning loosens (or gives the illusion of loosening) once you have 40 coins in.

#31 6 years ago

Thanks Ballyoldboy - I would classify that info as 'minutia' - players would never notice that stuff - and the real thanks goes to Phil H for hosting the manuals and schems!

And, before you fall into despair, as the others have suggested, post a few pictures. It looks like you have some planking as well as the flaking right at the top of the shooter lane.

Stripping a bingo playfield is not hard, and so far, it just looks like the top side under the guide rail in the shooter lane really needs to be removed, as well as a handful of pins. As has been suggested, laying down a little mylar to protect and cover will help that area. It won't look new, but it will play.

You could also coat the top with a coating like Varathane or another type of clear coat. Mylar will get you playing faster, though.

#33 6 years ago

Bingos are a lot of fun - that person didn't steer you wrong, exactly. Also, there's fans of every title out there.

How to play:
a) Betting phase/Coin-up phase - drop in coins until desired odds/features achieved. 1st ball will be lifted upon return of three playfield balls to the trough. Upon 1st coin drop, shutter will open and all balls trapped on the playfield will fall. If a game was tilted before ending and a ball is in the shooter lane, that ball is considered 'dead', and will have to be fired back to the trough before the game will start.

Upon each coin insertion, the backglass will 'flash'. This is purely an animation, and it doesn't matter which lamps flicker on and off as the animation happens. After the flash is complete, the game will step up either odds, trip a feature, both, or neither.

b) Playing phase: Shoot the first ball.
There is also a spotted number feature (A/B/C) that you can step through. Based on the position of a stepper unit, you will get from 1-3 spotted numbers if the feature is available.

The third feature on this game is the 'Line' feature - the screen will move allowing the top to wrap to the bottom and the bottom to the top - this is just the colored lines and not the numbers. Therefore, you position this in the color that will win you the most (there are three different colored lines, and three corresponding odds numbers). The odds are stacked from bottom to top, so the smallest number is the three in a line, next four and last fifth. Note that Miss Universe is the only one of two games where you can earn a six in a line - for a bonus of 192 replays on top of the five in a line score.

On shooting your second ball, if you hit the rebound switch (which will be illuminated if the feature is available), if the Mystery Yellow or Mystery Red feature are illuminated on the backglass (or both), a number or two will be selected on the Mystery Spot section. Those numbers will illuminate.

Upon shooting your third ball, you will be locked out of all features and must play what you have.

c) Winning/scoring phase: Assuming that you manage to get three or more numbers in a line (or corners, which I will go over in a moment), you can press the button on the footrail to collect your winner. It will score based on the number of balls in line in that particular color. You can score in more than one color, EXCEPT that in Miss Universe, there are only three balls, so this would be exceedingly difficult (but not impossible with up to five spotted numbers). If you don't have a winner, you're done. Game over. Put in another coin(s) and play again.

Corners: The corners of the card - putting a ball in three of the corners and using your select-a-spot feature to light one of the corners, is the only way to earn this award. It's TOUGH. I've only played a handful of times, and I'm not comfortable with the playfield layout yet. I'll keep trying till I get it one day. Unfortunately, instead of the larger corners payouts, you are locked to either 192 replays or 384 replays. Pretty fun for a computer guy (base 2).

I like the concept of Miss U, and look forward to playing it again soon. It's a really tough game, though, in my opinion, which probably reduces the players' opinions of it. It's certainly a unique game in the bingo pantheon!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miss-universe-rubbish-fair-or-great?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.