6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Picked on of these up recently . seemed to play ok. got it home and started cleaning, new rubbers etc. got it back together and started a game and heres what I got.

1. score reels wont reset on start up
2. loud buzzing from advance unit, one of the coils is getting Extremely hot
3. power to the flippers, sling shots , kick out holes etc. none to the other targets .

I do have the schematic. Any idea what might be causing this or where to start ?

thanks in advance

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from BigBallsJohnson1:

1. score reels wont reset on start up
2. loud buzzing from advance unit, one of the coils is getting Extremely hot
3. power to the flippers, sling shots , kick out holes etc. none to the other targets .

The most important is the hot coil on the Advance relay. Don't leave the machine on for more than a few seconds at a time or you'll burn up the coil. Except for hold relays, coils aren't designed to handle being on for long.

You didn't say whether it was the Reset or StepUp coil so I assume it's the StepUp coil. Which one of these switches is continuously energizing the Advance unit StepUp coil?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The most important is the hot coil on the Advance relay. Don't leave the machine on for more than a few seconds at a time or you'll burn up the coil. Except for hold relays, coils aren't designed to handle being on for long.
You didn't say whether it was the Reset or StepUp coil so I assume it's the StepUp coil. Which one of these switches is continuously energizing the Advance unit StepUp coil?

not sure I will check the schematic when I get home. im a noob to all of this .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miss-o-advance-unit-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.