Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by FatPanda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I've had my machine for a couple of months that I bought from a pinball/arcade machine reseller company with a good rep. It had been shopped and all new boards replaced. I assumed that all the fuses were correct..wrong! I just discoverd that the 1 Amp fuse that was supposed to be on the underside of the playfield to protect the solenoids was a 20 Amp 32V Busman fuse....could be a problem, right? Just a warning to all to check your fuses first thing on any new machine.

#2 3 years ago

Yep, the playfield fuse, which is to protect the SD transistors in case of a bad coil, was blowing and the fix was to but a larger fuse in. Why didn't they just short out the fuse holder??
What you need to do is to review all the playfield coils for nice smooth operation. I'm guessing you are going to find one that doesn't operate smoothly and that was causing the fuse to blow.

Of course, it's possible the fuse blew and the 20amper was all the tech had at the time. :}

Good luck, let us know what you find.

#3 3 years ago

yes, over fusing could cause big problems, under fusing is much safer but could blow when there is no problem. That is why using the properly rated fuses are so important. Some people just throw fuses in that they have on hand to get the game going again whether at home or on location, but this could be costly further down the line in repairs. If you find that a proper sized fuse does blow, keep the old blown fuse and make a circuit breaker that is rated at the same amperage for troubleshooting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miss-fused-kiss-bally?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.