Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cruiser
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewster007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi, I am at a loss why my machine is not resetting. I purchased it last year not going. I have cleaned contacts and resoldered some connections. The game lights up and makes the usual noises but the shutter goes from closed to open and no ball appears. If I open relay by hand, ball comes up but the playfield won't stay in the closed position. If I put credits on scorer and push the red button the machine advances odds but playfield won't close or put ball out. Can someone please help .(btw is an early 1957 model) Also when I trip coin switch no credits show on counter, and I can only trip coin switch just the once.

#3 3 years ago

Hi baldtwit, I have 8 balls in machine. The relay is underside next to shutter motor. The relay is allways energised is this right? I will try step up the timer unit and see what happens.

#5 3 years ago

Has to have 8, 5 for play and 3 extra balls

#6 3 years ago

Is there anyone in Australia, preferably Victoria that fixes these?

#8 3 years ago

Ok, that makes it hard

Quoted from Ballypinball:

no as illegal in Victoria

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from baldtwit:

the relay on the bottom of the playfield is the lifter start relay. When that's powered, the ball lift motor will NOT turn on.
    lifting the ball gate flap at the top of the runway/shooter lane should unpower the lifter start relay. However, if the lifter start relay is powering as soon as you turn on the game, the only thing it can be (except a short) is the ball runway switch is stuck closed.
    the ball runway switch is under the rollover wire directly in front of the shooter. Usually what happens is someone lowers the playfield onto the front of the cabinet and mashes the switch blades together. The runway switch should only be closed when a ball is sitting on the rollover.

Thank you, Thank you , Thank you. It was the runway switch. I have been working on this for 2 days , pulled apart timer and cleaned and reset, followed trough switches and cleaned, checked for voltages at cams and relay's. Now I've got some tweaks like scorer not working properly and magic lines adjustment, but at least it's working and I can check other parts. When I come to USA again I'll send you a message and shout you lunch.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewster007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/miss-america-not-resetting?tu=brewster007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.