(Topic ID: 120410)

Mirrored Side-panels - have you scratched yours?

By Animal

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you scratched your mirrored side-panels”

• Yes, but they buffed out nicely 1 vote
      7%
    • Yes, and now scratch(es) are there forever 8 votes
      53%
    • No scratches 6 votes
      40%

(15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Im thinking of getting them but concerned about the scratch factor. I don't needlessly pop my playfield up, but there usually seems to be a reason to get in there monthly.

Have you scratched yours? If your careful will you be fine?

#2 9 years ago

There are scratches on mine. Annoying yes but not that big a deal. I know they're there but not immediately visible to most.

#3 9 years ago

All pin side clearance is different even within the same game title. Some of mine have minor scratches, others don't. Even with, very hard to see unless you're looking for them!

#4 9 years ago

No scratches on mine - once they are on you become more careful for sure when raising / lowering the pf.

#5 9 years ago

No scratches on the ones on my Mustang and I've popped the hood on that many many times. Just be careful and the can be avoided.

#6 9 years ago

Don't they come with felt strips for the side of the playfield now?

Shouldn't be any scratches with those on.

#7 9 years ago

Sometimes they scuff from the edge of a plastic hitting them. It cleans off with alcohol.

#8 9 years ago

In some cases if there is enough clearance you can add a strip of thin felt along sides of PF.

#9 9 years ago

Scratches aren't the real problem I have, it the ball pings. My LOTR blades are riddled with them. I have a new gold set for when I finally decide the current ones are beat up enough to swap out.

#10 9 years ago

I tried the felt. Some of it stayed on, but on the games where it came off it was a real mess to wipe off all the smeared glue. I did find out one thing though....if you use the felt it has to be one continuous strip or it will tear off at wherever the ends are.

#11 9 years ago

Where do you buy these from?

#12 9 years ago

Games with gates that wrap around the side of the playfield are more susceptible to large scratches. Doctor Who, Funhouse to name 2. I think TAF and POTC too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirrored-side-panels-have-you-scratched-yours and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.