Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

acdc-propremiumle-custom-inside-art.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Has anyone else put Mirror Blades inside a LUCI? It seems that my LUCI is VERY tight, rubs the sides when I lift the playfield and looks like if I added blades they would only get scratched up?

#2 9 years ago

Not a Luci, but my MET is so close that I can't fit blades at all. I tried sliding one between the cab and playfield, sliding the playfield against it, then sliding the second one. It lacked about half the thickness of a blade of even being able to fit, much less worry about scratching them. It was at that point, that I pretty much gave up on blades altogether.

#3 9 years ago

My met was so tight took a lot of work to get them to fit. They ended up scratching but it is pretty minor and links better then just the plain black to me. On all my other machines the blades fit with no problem.

#4 9 years ago

Same thing with my TOTAN. get scratches every time I lift the playfield. Also prevents the playfield from going up fully. I'm just going to toss them when it's due for another spring cleaning.

#5 9 years ago

Some games are just to tight for mirror blades. I bought a set to install on my Tron, and quickly realized that it just wasn't happening. My Iron Man, on the other hand, had rather large gaps on both sides.

#6 9 years ago

Yup. Mirror blades are a quality product, I'm not knocking them. I don't think pinball companies observe very precise measurements when the cabs pass through QA, though.

#7 9 years ago

My Tron is wicked tight and I've got a ton of scratches on my blades. My friend's Tron has room to spare and can go up and down all day no issue.

Different cabs and PF's = different fit. Welcome to manufacturing tolerances

#8 9 years ago

I put some on a FH and it was TIGHT! I have a few machines now that I don't think a piece of paper would fit in on each side and the DM I had had tons of room. Really hit or miss from game to game and even on the same title it seems. They look great IF you have the room for them.

#9 9 years ago

I looked over my Luci when I unboxed it and knew right away mirror blades wouldnt fit. Too bad the cabinets cant be produced with the sidewall shaved down just a little to fit blades.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I looked over my Luci when I unboxed it and knew right away mirror blades wouldnt fit. Too bad the cabinets cant be produced with the sidewall shaved down just a little to fit blades.

Now that Stern is starting to sell add-ons, we could very well see this.

#11 9 years ago

Would sanding down each side of the playfield wood just a tiny bit help at all?

#12 9 years ago

I was able to get them to fit on my Luci but it was very tight.

#13 9 years ago

Anyway to create these to lift with the playfield?

#14 9 years ago

Do any of you guys have experience with the mirror decals? I'm thinking it could be a nice alternative, supposedly some are like very mirror. Never seen em but man my Tron blades are super tight.

#15 9 years ago

STLE is awful also, way too tight for them.

#16 9 years ago

^^^ my STLE is very tight also I have blades on but add scratches everytime I raise PF.

#17 9 years ago

My Luci was too tight for mirrors so I installed these decals that look great. They are high quality but a PITA to apply - a lot easier if you remove the playfield.

acdc-propremiumle-custom-inside-art.jpgacdc-propremiumle-custom-inside-art.jpg

#18 9 years ago

I've seen games where the installer inadvertently caused the problem by having the bottom of them covering up part of the metal wedges on the sides of the cabinet. The metal wedges "lock" the playfield into place as the playfield gets down to its lowest point.

It wouldn't hurt to check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirror-blades-too-tight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.