(Topic ID: 9568)

mirror blades on LOTR

By beatmaster

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

i've been thinking about that for the past few days.

does anyone ever made gold mirror blades (like tinted gold look).
    will it look bad if i put regular mirror blades in LOTR.

thank, bob.

#2 12 years ago

I had gold on my TOM. They rock but the regular would be fine as well.

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I had gold on my TOM. They rock but the regular would be fine as well.

where did you get them (the gold one)

thanks.

edited : ok found them in europe, $300 is a little too high, i think i'll go with chrome.

#4 12 years ago

You might want to check with Nimble Pin first. I'm pretty sure he bought mirror blades with the intent of using them on LOTR, but they wouldn't fit so he used them on Tron instead. You may be okay, but thought it might be worth running it by him before you buy them only to find out they don't fit.

#5 12 years ago

If there is a machine that deserves mirror blades, LOTR is it - gold would probably look best, too. It's one of those machines that you get as much because it looks beautiful, as for the gameplay...

#6 12 years ago

thanks, i'd like to know why it doesn't fit, why would pinball decals sells them if it doesn't fit?

i'll try to contact nimble pin before i buy anything.

i was thinking of doing it my self, the only problem is to find the acrylic mirror sheet. in the end, cost for sheet and time... is it worth it or should i buy ready to install at $158 shipped?

#7 12 years ago

I love mirror blades and feel they improve the look on any machine. I have never seen the gold one in person but I am sure they look very cool as well if they match the game.

#8 12 years ago

I also really like the look of mirror blades in all the pins I have seen them in. However, if I remember correctly NimblePin indicated a while back that the blades did not fit in his LOTR LE. So maybe he can chime in to clear that up.

Sorry for the duplicate info I just read jarjars comment he already posted this. I am unsure why they would sell them for a pin that they do not fit in.

Quoted from beatmaster:

i was thinking of doing it my self, the only problem is to find the acrylic mirror sheet. in the end, cost for sheet and time... is it worth it or should i buy ready to install at $158 shipped?

I would just buy the ready to install blades it seems like it would require a decent amount of time and effort to get them just right doing and finding them yourself. Just getting pins all running 100% takes enough time and I think $158 is reasonable for this great looking mod.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirror-blades-on-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.