(Topic ID: 131423)

Mirror blades installed on my RFM, with pictures.

By MustangPaul

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P_20160217_193532_(resized).jpg
P_20160217_193605_(resized).jpg
P_20160217_193552_(resized).jpg
P_20160217_193511_(resized).jpg
P_20160215_200423_(resized).jpg
IMGA0954.jpg
IMGA0953.jpg
IMGA0955.jpg
IMGA0952.jpg
IMGA0951.jpg
IMGA0950.jpg
IMGA0949.jpg
IMGA0948.jpg
IMGA0947.jpg
IMGA0946.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I finally took the time to install them, took about 45 minutes and let me tell you they are tight. Any of the blade that's below the pf is gonna be scratched all to hell but that's ok because you don't see that part anyway. The left side didn't fit down far enough to sit below the glass channel because 2 plastic wire loops were to high so I just dropped them down about half an inch. These are just a slip in item with no screws to keep them in place but what I did was to place 2 screws on each side that the blades rest on at the proper height to clear the glass channel, not sure they are needed but at least when the pf is in and the blades are slid in from the top they won't slide down any further then the screws. Hey I over build everything.

Here are some pictures, I think they look killer.

IMGA0946.jpg
IMGA0947.jpg
IMGA0948.jpg
IMGA0949.jpg
IMGA0950.jpg
IMGA0951.jpg

IMGA0952.jpg

IMGA0955.jpg

IMGA0953.jpg

IMGA0954.jpg

#2 4 years ago

They do look good. Pity the tolerance is so tight. Any pics with the glass on so we can see the screen too?

#3 4 years ago

With the glass on do you get any weird distortions/reflections from the combo of the blades and the monitor?
Does look very good though !!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Pity the tolerance is so tight.

Actually that works to their advantage, they stay up nice and straight and they come out pretty easily but going in takes some effort because they are so tight. They really are not a problem.

I'll get a few pics with glass on today. They sure look a heck of alot better then the scratched up painted side panels and worth a slight inconveinance of removing and replacing them when ya want to get under the hood.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Any pics with the glass on so we can see the screen too?

Quoted from Mancave:

With the glass on do you get any weird distortions/reflections from the combo of the blades and the monitor?

Happy to tell you guys that as far as the monitor goes the game looks completely normal with the mirrors in, no monitor reflections in the mirrors at all, just as I thought. The monitor and the reflection of it off the glass are to high off the plain of view to be seen in the mirrors. If you were a tiny person standing on the pf and looking up at the blades you would probably see a reflection then. When I saw a normal view I didn't bother taking a picture because that's all it would show.

#6 4 years ago

They look great Now I need to install mine...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

They look great Now I need to install mine...

Let us know how it goes.

7 months later
#8 4 years ago

Mirror blades where can a buy this???.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballarie:

Mirror blades where can a buy this???.

pinballsidemirrors.com

#10 4 years ago

I sent several emails but no reply???.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballarie:

I sent several emails but no reply???.

Well that's crazy. How many days have you waited for a reply?

#12 4 years ago

A think he wel not shipping to The Netherlands a think.

About 8 days.

#13 4 years ago

They actually made them because of my request, I got the first ones so I just sent them an email and explained that you wanted to buy them but they haven't responded to your emails. I'm hoping I have some pull with them seeings how I inspired the product. I hope it helps. I will let you know when I hear from them.

#14 4 years ago

Oke thanks for your help.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballarie:

A think he wel not shipping to The Netherlands a think.
About 8 days.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

They actually made them because of my request, I got the first ones so I just sent them an email and explained that you wanted to buy them but they haven't responded to your emails. I'm hoping I have some pull with them seeings how I inspired the product. I hope it helps. I will let you know when I hear from them.

Quoted from Pinballarie:

Oke thanks for your help.

I heard back about shipping to you $244 Can you believe that. Sorry to give you the bad news.

#16 4 years ago

hey pinballarie,
i bought some thick adhesive mirror foil at Hornbach zaandam the wallpaper and foil part of the shop
is realy thick so not bubbling only 10 euros but you have to cut in shape yourself

P_20160215_200423_(resized).jpg

#17 4 years ago

some pics
pinballarie if you want i can look up the brand?

P_20160217_193511_(resized).jpg

P_20160217_193552_(resized).jpg

P_20160217_193605_(resized).jpg

P_20160217_193532_(resized).jpg

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

some pics
pinballarie if you want i can look up the brand?

P_20160217_193511_(resized).jpgP_20160217_193552_(resized).jpgP_20160217_193605_(resized).jpgP_20160217_193532_(resized).jpg

WOW!!! That looks great....and cheap too. Thanks for posting.

#19 4 years ago

not as good as yours!
but the shipping is crazy expensive!
so have to create my own.
maybe one day some dutch pinball site will have them.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

but the shipping is crazy expensive!

Yeah $244 for shipping. BOOOOOOOO

10 months later
#21 3 years ago

where did you find installation instructions...mine came with none and cant locate them on their sight

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

where did you find installation instructions...mine came with none and cant locate them on their sight

I can't remember, it's been to long. Email them. You gonna get the new 3d tl when it comes out?

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I can't remember, it's been to long. Email them. You gonna get the new 3d tl when it comes out?

I would like to see it in person 1st...If it is done well, I am definitely in

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I would like to see it in person 1st...If it is done well, I am definitely in

That may be tough to see in person, do you know anyone that has it? They are just as nice as their regular mirrors just twice as big.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That may be tough to see in person, do you know anyone that has it? They are just as nice as their regular mirrors just twice as big.

when do they plan on start shipping the 3D TL?

#26 3 years ago

They look great in person

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

when do they plan on start shipping the 3D TL?

No plans yet, last I heard was that they were at 47 layers and counting. This is gonna be their best one yet.

Quoted from foxtj24:

They look great in person

msj222, take it from Tom here, he's seen mine and played the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Villa , IL
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
PCB Emporium
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside