Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you think Mirror Blades Enhance the Game Play of Pinball ?”

• Yes 35 votes
      55%
    • No 17 votes
      27%
    • I'm All about mod's !! 6 votes
      9%
    • I want to see Yr 2nd video of the Felt being installed B_R !! 6 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 64 votes by 58 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HS2_mirror_blades_009.JPG
    006.JPG
    005.JPG
    002.JPG
    001.JPG
    2012-12-13_20-43-14_767.jpg
    2012-12-13_20-42-54_800.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

The Video didn't turn out as Good as I wanted , but the Job was Well done !! I bought 2 Set's of Mirror Blades from CoinTaker , 1 went on the Banker's SM and the 2nd on my FG in the Video.
    CT's Kit come's w/ a Tool to install 3-screw's & no Tape .. ( No ) Chris is gonna get w/ his Contact and Suggest 2-sided Tape as Well .. 5 Piece's Per side does the Trick...

#2 11 years ago

cool video man, i was about to do the same, thank for the tips.

#3 11 years ago

I had to laugh when you dropped the pinball

#4 11 years ago

I said S.O.B between the Pins as I was Pick-n it up , It bounced twice ........

Those are Silver Jet ball's ,,,

#5 11 years ago

That's the way to do it BR.
    I make and sell blades and I ship them out with a strip of 1/2 carpet tape pre-installed along the top edge. I also used to send out 6 screws, but now I just add three small tabs of additional tape along the bottom edge next to each screw hole. Much safer and easier. I also send out each order with 1mm felt tape for the playfield edge (optional).

Do they enhance game play? Probably not; but they can make a dark game much brighter... which obviously has benefits.

#6 11 years ago

Nice, thanks!

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

That's the way to do it BR.
    I also send out each order with 1mm felt tape for the playfield edge (optional).

Drano , Where do you get yr P/F edge felt ? PM me if you like , I got a return E-mail from Pinrestore
    , seem's they Don't appreciate Advertisement !!

#8 11 years ago

Dude! You make me nervous in every video! First the beer on the playfield and now the glass on a wheeled desk chair? You like to live dangerously!

#9 11 years ago

Nice video B_R. I like the look of the blades, but I just know my pf's will eventually scratch them, with or without felt and then I'll be pissed. Have you scratched any of the ones you've installed? They do add a lot of "bling" to any game. Later,

Mike.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Dude! You make me nervous in every video! First the beer on the playfield and now the glass on a wheeled desk chair? You like to live dangerously!

Take a Chill Pill , watch and Enjoy !! The Mirror Blades are made of Metal !!! This is Mainly Why I made this video , Alot of Newbie's are Signing up and Just Gett-n into pinball .

Quoted from papazit1963:

Nice video B_R. I like the look of the blades, but I just know my pf's will eventually scratch them, with or without felt and then I'll be pissed. Have you scratched any of the ones you've installed? They do add a lot of "bling" to any game. Later,
    Mike.

I installed Mirror blades on Tron and HS2 , If Yr Very Careful Raising the P/f you can avoid letting the Edge of the P/F touch the Chrome Blades .. The 1/32 Felt should Eliminate Any Reason for Scratches .. Also make sure you don't have the habitrail's or Ramp's hang-n over and and scratch-n them .. In Pinball , You Learn as you go .... I Love it !!!

#11 11 years ago

Great video BR, Im putting blades on two of my games this week. Im wondering if the entire edge of the playfield needs to be felted though. Im willing to bet there are only specific areas that are dangerous. Ill investigate and report back.

#12 11 years ago

I would assume the tape is better at reducing any vibration noises as well?

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Mirror Blades are made of Metal !!!

And if they are resting against the grounding braid at any point on the machine it would be wise to make sure that there are no wires touching them, otherwise your face could possibly end up looking like this>
    Love your videos BR! keep 'em coming.

#14 11 years ago

I picked up JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape (1mm thick felt): 3/4 in. x 75 ft. (Black) from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/JVCC-FELT-06-Polyester-Felt-thick/dp/B000QDRRNE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

#15 11 years ago

Nice video! thanks BR! noticed you had trouble lowering the PF back in cabinet. I use to force the PF back as well and I hate it cause it really slams things around causing mods to sometimes fall out. Theres a simple way around that. When you go to lower pf simply lower it so it almost or does it touch lockdown bar receiver and give a a gentle but with some power nudge it will go back without slamming things around. If you have trouble PM i will walk u thru it via phone.

#16 11 years ago

It's funny....everytime I go to mod my Tron I end up watching a Black Rose video! Of course, mirror blades are next from Drano. I was wondering how not to scratch them. Now I know. Thank you for the video!

#17 11 years ago

BR, so did you put screws in them at all? At the 7 minute mark you grab the drill and I could not tell what you were doing? Thanks for the vid!

#18 11 years ago

As for the poll I voted no because I never notice them at all when I'm playing, so it doesn't really change the game at all.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

I picked up JVCC FELT-06 Polyester Felt Tape (1mm thick felt): 3/4 in. x 75 ft. (Black) from amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/JVCC-FELT-06-Polyester-Felt-thick/dp/B000QDRRNE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Just looking at that myself. Work pretty good?

#20 11 years ago

On Bally/Williams how do you remove the bolt for the backbox hinge? This needs to be done as far as I understand. Is that bolt grounded? I want to avoid making a huge grounding plate! Markmon was saying something about this somewhere but I forgot the thread.

#21 11 years ago

On Bally/Williams how do you remove the bolt for the backbox hinge?

You remove the bolts from the inside with an allen wrench. I actually painted my bolts blue when I installed my blades. Hard to tell it in the pic, but I mean... ya know?!?

2012-12-13_20-42-54_800.jpg2012-12-13_20-42-54_800.jpg 2012-12-13_20-43-14_767.jpg2012-12-13_20-43-14_767.jpg

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

You remove the bolts from the inside with an allen wrench. I actually painted my bolts blue when I installed my blades. Hard to tell it in the pic, but I mean... ya know?!?

You have a mirror blade on the backboard too?!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You have a mirror blade on the backboard too?!

Dang right! Well, not a mirror blade, but it is a custom cut piece of mirrored acrylic. It was something like $12. I can't remember the website I ordered it from, but there are probably several sites out there that could cut one to size.

#24 11 years ago

I enjoy your videos BR.
    Watch them all the time on You Tube!

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

I have the bolt out but how do I get the housing out from the inside of the cab? It's stuck in the hole from the inside...

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from drshaw:

Just looking at that myself. Work pretty good?

I installed it on my TRON PRO. I have not installed the black mirror blades yet (waiting until the end). I have not lifted the PF up much since installing the felt, but so far so good...

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from drshaw:

I have the bolt out but how do I get the housing out from the inside of the cab? It's stuck in the hole from the inside...

Hmmm... there shouldn't be anything holding on to the housing now, unless the hole in the cabinet is a little tight. You should be able to get it out. Try screwing the bolt back in slightly and tap on it until it starts to pop out.

#28 11 years ago

BR, so did you put screws in them at all? At the 7 minute mark you grab the drill and I could not tell what you were doing? Thanks for the vid!

I knew someone was gonna ask that Question , I was moving some kinda metal ( Thang's ) Stern has on the cab- wall's , I had 2 turn the 1 on the left-side / side-ways ... I used NO screw's when installing the Blades ..

On Bally/Williams how do you remove the bolt for the backbox hinge? This needs to be done as far as I understand. Is that bolt grounded?

Shanetastic Nail'd it to the Tee .. And the Bolt Isn't grounded .. I' will tell you 1- Thing , When I installed Mirror Blades on HS2 , You Better Stick a Good size bolt thru Poking inside so you Can Line up the Hole Rt the 1st tyme ( Trust me )

Dang right! Well, not a mirror blade, but it is a custom cut piece of mirrored acrylic. It was something like $12. I can't remember the website I ordered it from, but there are probably several sites out there that could cut one to size.

I Still have the receipt where I purchased the Pre-Cut Acrylic Mirror for TZ , S.t liked mine so I Passed it down the Line .. Brother member Out-West in FairOaks , CA sent me the info ..

Also , The Mirror Blades I installed on Tron came from Pinball decal's and were $ 142.00 ship'd
    CoinTaker's Mirror Blades are $ 114.00 then you use Our PINSIDE 10% discount , $ 104.00 ship'd

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc;jsessionid=CB12306A1C7FCF330A3271CF270D5F0A.qscstrfrnt02?categoryId=214

001.JPG001.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG HS2_mirror_blades_009.JPGHS2_mirror_blades_009.JPG

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Drano , Where do you get yr P/F edge felt ? PM me if you like , I got a return E-mail from Pinrestore
    , seem's they Don't appreciate Advertisement !!

Hey BR.
    I buy both the double-sided carpet tape and the felt tape in bulk from findtape.com

Here's the felt: http://tinyurl.com/ax22mzt

And the DST (I buy the 1/2" stuff): http://tinyurl.com/a4ux9eg

#30 11 years ago

One more thing.
    Those metal pieces on the inside of stern cabs are meant to keep the playfield centered when down.
    I loosen them for installation but then I reinstall them afterwards just as they were. The screws should still fit where they belong, and the bent metal tab can simply go over the blades.

#31 11 years ago

Looking good B_R....I have yet to take the mirror blade plunge on any of my pins. The only one I consider worthy of a set of them is BSD....and because the village on the left and skill shot ramp on the right take up so much real estate on the sides of the inside of the cab....I don't think the mirror blades would make much of a difference. At least I haven't seen anyone use them on a BSD as of yet.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Those metal pieces on the inside of stern cabs are meant to keep the playfield centered when down.
    I loosen them for installation but then I reinstall them afterwards just as they were. The screws should still fit where they belong, and the bent metal tab can simply go over the blades.

It just goes to Show , Ya Learn something Everyday !! Thanxx Drano ,, and for the link above ..

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Looking good B_R....I have yet to take the mirror blade plunge on any of my pins. The only one I consider worthy of a set of them is BSD....and because the village on the left and skill shot ramp on the right take up so much real estate on the sides of the inside of the cab....I don't think the mirror blades would make much of a difference. At least I haven't seen anyone use them on a BSD as of yet.

I agree , BSD has to Much on the Sides for me to add Chrome blades .. But BSD is my Love Pin !!!

#34 11 years ago

Thanks to the video and help in this thread I installed mirror blades in my TZ last night using the exact same method (and exact same product from Lowes in fact). Good marketing BR!

Here is a quick video I made of my collection with the new mirrors installed:

#35 11 years ago

Nice Pin's drshaw , I subscribed to Yr You_Tube Channel .. I Will miss a few Video's Here on Pinside
    but I want if I'm Subscribed to you guy's .. Glad my Video helped you .. Be Cool .

3 weeks later
    #36 11 years ago

Does anyone have a Pict- with mirror blades installed in TAF ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirror-blades-install-video-b_r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.