Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Blakester
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AA1FDA2A-2870-4021-B03E-D003AC03C780.gif
    6A086B61-7493-4357-B0DA-359B977D59A5 (resized).jpeg
    motip-lakstift-blanke-lak-hoogglans (resized).jpg
    51618320._SX0_SY0_ (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    382.gif
    C40B8618-0881-4D73-9699-0C20ABD70F38 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 1.31.57 PM (resized).png
    C0749502-588B-40E7-A9BB-328D744A1A8F.gif
    2022-03-14 11.57.14 web1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220312_164750118_HDR (resized).jpg
    pinside (resized).jpg
    9B3562F8-D8DA-4C3C-9E21-C9167B92ACB4 (resized).jpeg
    275725937_291534306445272_1321849085611332762_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from bounoun:

Shouldn't this clown be banned from this forum ?

No. Sadly; I don't think he's anywhere near the level necessary to get banned.
    He hasn't directly scammed anyone. He has supplied an inferior product... with documented defects... but he hasn't done enough wrong to warrant a banning. but he hasn't really scammed anyone.

Pinside has a pretty high bar to warrant a banning... and admittedly; this tool isn't anywhere near it.

All we can do is continue bumping his thread with proof of his inferior products and hope that enough people see it to make the correct decision.

#95 2 years ago

No, just a just big empty bag for the cash for the I gotta have it crew

#106 2 years ago

I won't be risking a game but thanks for the offer.
    1) It's a Mirco Product with clear manufacturing issues.
    2) It's a FAST product.
    3) It's a PPS product.

I don't appreciate the fact that the original author used signifiant resources from the Multimorphic community to develop this game on PROC... then basically converted the game to FAST because PPS required it without so much as a "thank you" or acknowledgement to the multimorphic team for their support.
    This is very much bad form and an abuse of the homebrew community.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

How did you manage to see the credits already?

Maybe someone else will be kind enough to post pictures that they are giving proper credit on the actual game/kit.
    I doubt they are; but, if they are... then well; it softens the blow a little bit but not with 3X (or more) of the licensing payload.

It's pretty clear in this thread and others that the author(s) are not willing to admit that they used the homebrew community at Multimorphic pretty heavily in the early phase.

It also speaks VOLUMES that you can't go to FAST's website and download *ANY* source code, documentation, manuals for this control system... yet you can go to multimorphic and get documentation, source, etc without any issue. That leads me to wonder exactly how the FAST system came to be ... its almost like they maybe bought a PROC reverse engineered it for the sole purpose of copying it.

#111 2 years ago

You missed the point.
    FAST website has zero documentation or source.
    That's the point.

The licensor had no right to force a change to FAST.
    I wonder if Multimorphic now has a legal argument to stop the sale of this product because of those resources used in the early development.
    I wonder if there is also a open source clause somewhere that FAST is violating by commercializing the product.

It's one thing to claim this is a homebrew project ...
    However, it was developed under that umbrella; then to rip the veils away and make it commercial.
    I'm sure that wasn't the authors original intent... but for him to "sell out" and commercialize the product after the fact leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'm sure others. "for profit" has a completely different contotation that for "my personals use".

Quoted from djsolzs:

Can anyone answer - why in the WORLD would you sell this through Mirco?

Sure. It's clear from these teaser pics and discussion that Mirco is the only "independent" CNC operator that was considered.
    I have no clue if PPS/FAST approached CPR... but Mirco is only european CNC operator in the pinball world.

Clearly there are a lot of people whom are not happy with Highclasspinball ... and his quality, customer service, and reputation. But it wasn't enough of a deterrent to FAST/PPS to make a better decision. I'm sure there will be way to many shutup and take my money people to make this project a success.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

Let me understand this: Your complaint is that FAST does not link to MPF on their website?

How was this not clear?
    Got to FAST's Web site.
    Where is the source code on their site?
    Where is the board documentation on their site?
    Where is the Firmware for the boards?

All of that is freely available on *Multimorphic*s site.

You are splitting hairs to try and avoid the unethical approach FAST and PPS have taken.
    It's is UNETHICAL to take a home brew project that the *community* spent resources on then to switch to a different controller for the sole purpose of cutting out that community and team. Multimorphic spent what... let's say 40 hours of man power support the customer.
    That's fine if it never saw the light of day outside the that one dude's basement.

MANY people in the PROC community spent countless hours supporting this project under the clear understanding it was a personal project.
    It's unethical and sleazy for FAST/PPS to take those hours and profit off of it.
    You know this but choose to whitewash it / act like it didn't happen.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from jabdoa:

If you develop your app on a Mac but then sell it to run on Android is that also unethical then?

Yes. it is absolutely unequivocally unethical to solicited help from the community and the ACTUAL Apple engineers to develop your app... without telling them it's a commercial product for a different platform. You and your team STOLE resources from another company to make your product. You weren't up front with them... and you are profiting of their work. The very definition of unethical.

I'm not going to make this personal; to avoid violating a pinside rule... but you are special if you think it was ethical.

I would have shelved it because it was the RIGHT THING TO DO.
    Or rewrote the entire game without any Multimorphic code in it. none. not even the open source pygame code.

#122 2 years ago

You have drama because of the people you choose to do business with.
    You have drama because you, PPS, FAST, Mirco are all unethical people trying to justify your unethical decisions.
    PPS is well known for unethical behavior.
    FAST is rapidly becoming known for the same behavior.
    Mirco is well known for screwing customers and inferior quality.

I know you won't but, At least admit that you did make decisions that were unethical for the sole purpose of making money.
    At least someone will read this evasive behavior call it "pinside drama" and read between the lines and see that they should not provide you any financial resources. IE not give you a dime.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

shit show form the start

Because of the people involved; right?
    I'm just a voice of passionate reason that these unethical people want to label a "Pinside Drama" major.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from Warzard:

Zitt, what is the matter with you? Go get a life...

Sorry but you are ignorant of the facts. I am not.

Notice how the author's cannot deny anything I said, because they know 100% the facts are true.

You can believe that you want. But this project is unethical as are the people involved

Finally, the people in the multimorphic team are close personal freinds of mine. I don't appreciate when people shit on my friends and call it sunshine. These people did exactly that and I won't stand silently and allow it to happen

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Is it just that they can lock down the code on FAST hardware and implement security checks to keep people from making their own kits or what? Is PPS getting kickbacks from FAST to make this a requirement?

No it's not security.
    I stated it earlier.
    Rick is getting licensing fees from fast.
    That is the ONLY reason this project is on fast.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

guess I missed that.

No need
    Easy to get lost in the trees of negativity.

#139 2 years ago

Your were asked not to add support for hardware to a software project, so you fork it and do it anyway? By the original author?

You sleep ok working for the company whom reeps the benefits.

Mit licensing aside, what you did was not ethical.

#142 2 years ago

Your antidotes are fine but smells of desperation.

Not a single person on your team has spoke to the underlined un ethical nature of this project nor and the underlying business practices you seem to be moving toward.

All you seem to do is minimize the accusation, defend unethical behavior, upvote each other, and pat each other on the back.

That's some good wagon trail defence there.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

You keep saying "blah-blah-blah-unethical" when it has been noted ad nauseum that this was open source code. What about "open source" do you not understand?

It has nothing to do with open source.
    Obviously you are reading past the "blah blah blah" and missing the key point.
    If you care; go back and read. Else; thank you for playing.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Are you familiar with how the open source ecosystem and open source licensing works? You can certainly use pygame in a commercial product (there are just a few guidelines you will need to follow to include it)

Again this isn't about open source.
    How many times do I have to say it.
    I work in open source for my day job. I'm well aware what the licensing terms are. I don't need anyone trying to explain this to me.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Can you elaborate?

I don't need to. I already explained this above in this post. The author of the homebrew game relied HEAVILY on the expertise at Multimorphic. Relied heavily on that community, in their slack channel and more heavily on their email support systems to write and debug the issues with this homebrew game. No one on that team or community expected FAST and PPS to steal their work / time to profit on this title. Then several years later PPS requires that work to be ported to a competing hardware platform before they'll sign off - again for money.
    That is by definition unethical.

This is only going to get worse as FAST and PPS already have a "contest" for the next home brew at the next Chicago show. I guarantee someone is already abusing the good nature of the homebrew community to eventually profit off of it. Hopefully; that homebrew person is not using PROC to develop that game and using the community and/or Multimorphic resources to facilitate a successful debug and polish for that game. Else; they'll be labeled for the same unethical behavior. If you intend to enter that Contest; have the ethics to use the FAST community and FAST support system to aid in your game development.
    I stand corrected. FAST has nothing to do with the homebrew announcement. I remembered incorrectly; it was in-fact American Pinball that announced that contest. My apologies.

Some people think that what they did is "ok". I do not. And I have every right to put that accusation forward for others to see and take into account before they vote for this product with their wallet.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Warzard:

has any knowledge on this project whatsoever.

You keep asserting that.
    You are wrong; but free to keep believing it.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The best homebrew to be made into a game is being put on by American Pinball. There was a lot of talk of ot during expo last year.

You know what; you might be right about that... let me verify.
    I stand corrected and will edit my post.
    I incorrectly remembered FAST when it was American Pinball. You are 100% correct.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

FWIW PPS just laid the C&D smackdown on the WW2.0 project this morning so

They do that to everyone. It's the unethical nature of how PPS does business.
    I'm also 100% sure that is:
    1) a method of intimidation intending to prevent people from moving to WW2.0 before he gets there.
    2) a method to extract licensing fees whenever he thinks he might have an opportunity

Can you provide a reference to this C&D announcement?

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

WW2.0 is not "my" project and I've agreed to let the dev handle things from here, and pointed him to this discussion.

It is complete within the rights of the WW2.0 authors to completely ignore any such C&D.
    Assuming they are confident they are NOT using any assets from the original game.
    It is 100% legal for anyone to build an upgrade kit as long as you don't supply any art from the original game.
    IE if you don't provide a PF with existing art, a Cabinet with existing art, or software with existing art you should be completely clear to do what you want ... even sell it. It's called Fair Use and is pretty clearly allowed under law.

That said; I am *not* a lawyer. So consult one if you think you might be doing something where Mr Personality would have legal grounds to stand on.

A perfect example is people that design a completely new game based upon the old Atari 2600 video game system. No one; anywhere can come asking those people for licensing fees or send C&Ds for at unique game. Some people even sell game carts with new software - and they are completely legal to do so. That said; if you make Pitfall 3 and use sprites from Pitfall ... then you have problems.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mircoplayfields-at-texas-pinball-festival-?tq=&tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.