Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by ninjabones
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFM_playfield_2.JPG
    AFM_playfield_1.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

What are people's experiences with buying repo playfields direct from Highclasspinballs in Germany? Currently they sell TZ and WH20 with rerun of AFM possible. Is it worth the extra $50 for dust free? I would think if there was a little dust in clear you could wet sand and buff yourself.

#2 12 years ago

There was a report of a Mirco WH20 dimpling on RGP. I say stay away.

#3 12 years ago

I will know before long...ordered 2 AFM pf's and paid the extra $50. Figured if your spending that much on a piece of wood whats another $50

#4 12 years ago

I know there were major problems with Mirco's TZ playfields.

#5 12 years ago

I know...worried but crossing my fingers

#6 12 years ago

Hit or miss for me. I have one in my AFM that's beautiful. I ordered the TZ set back in December with the "Dust Free, Ceramic CC" and it was horrible! There were bleed lines on all the roll over cut outs that were not acceptable to me. He was very nice and refunded my money and I sent them back. I saw another set at the PPE shoe later and they looked good, no bleeding. So, I would say make sure you get good pictures or inspect yourself before purchasing. I'm actually considering trying again though, this time the regular clear coat version that's not as thick.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I know there were major problems with Mirco's TZ playfields.

I also thought I heard that they had trouble getting the colors just right on the TZ playfield.

Quoted from cleland:

I saw another set at the PPE shoe later and they looked good, no bleeding.

That's probably the best route to go is pick them up at a show that way you can examine them before purchase. Good to hear he was nice and refunded your money sounds like a good business man.

#8 12 years ago

I'm crossing my fingers too... I just ordered one from Micro. Now I just need a machine to put it into!

#9 12 years ago

Mirco link?

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

I will know before long...ordered 2 AFM pf's and paid the extra $50. Figured if your spending that much on a piece of wood whats another $50

Does he have them in stock right now?

#12 12 years ago

That is what I heard, former TS owner, but I couldn't navigate the site to find them....

#13 12 years ago

yep, they are available. hope they look good once they arrive!

#14 12 years ago

I was bummed with my Micro AFM in regards to dimpling, but I think it will eventually even out. I ordered the ceramic and it was put on pretty thick to the point that I had to trim it out of openings for the Mantis and Cliffy protectors I fitted onto it. How much of the dimpling is the wood versus the thick clear, I don't exactly know.

I do know the thing plays lightning fast, and the ceramic clear is super scratch resistant. So from a playability standpoint the thing is great.

From the player's perspective, you can't notice hardly any dimples, except where the bare blubs reflected off the playfield from the clear area around the "Attack From Mars" in the translite. That reflection drove me nuts, and I've since pulled the offending bulbs.

If he had a dust free option I probably would've got it, as I wet sanded a lot of the dust in mine out. However, once you use it and it starts dimpling, you may wonder why you bothered getting a prefectly flat one, LOL.

#15 12 years ago

They are not offering the ceramic anymore from the email I received....I think that is where they had the most issues. From reading up on the TZ posts alot of people received ceramic versions where it was not level at all.

Dimples are going to happen, main thing I like is it will look amazing and with the clear you should have not issues with pf wear or insert issues.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from CVTSTZ:

Pinballer22 said:I will know before long...ordered 2 AFM pf's and paid the extra $50. Figured if your spending that much on a piece of wood whats another $50
    Does he have them in stock right now?

You can check planetarypinball.com too and ask them to send you pictures before shipping.
    I might give it another shot from them.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I also thought I heard that they had trouble getting the colors just right on the TZ playfield.

The "Red" sections are way more Pink on all the Mirco reproductions for sure. What I heard was there were two original coloring processes used originally, so some had the pink hue and some had the red hue. My original is very red thats for sure.

#17 12 years ago

I have had Mirco's AFM playfield, and presently have his TZ and WW playfield sets.

The WW is better than the TZ, that's for sure. The TZ isn't quite as nice as I'd hoped, but it's acceptable. Other than the pink Santa..

1 month later
    #18 12 years ago

Newb question.. but what exactly is the difference between a Mirco "production" version and a "prototype" version?

#19 12 years ago

Insert colors or possibly the actual writing on the insert. Sometimes the pf itself has color differences as well. Mirco's website should tell you exactly what is different.

#20 12 years ago

Simply a couple of inserts are a different color! Rule the universe is a different color, and I believe the lock inserts, otherwise no difference

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3781&picno=11933

#21 12 years ago

just not sure of the reason for the prototypes... does it have to do with licensing? Are they less desireable. Here are photos of what someone is selling. What are the differences in this one compared to the original?

AFM_playfield_1.JPGAFM_playfield_1.JPG AFM_playfield_2.JPGAFM_playfield_2.JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-repo-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.