IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhyrgoif.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Here.
is a photo of a PF from one of my clients, find the mistake.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"cefb0d09635f6ce30c3e71ab4d3028ad3dfcd37f-1630650808-1800"};
//]]>

obviously, the PF has been replaced.
as a professional i can't understand the business sense of mirco.
there are complaints with us that are reported on facebook with copies of SMS, mirco openly laughs and responds that all faults or problems are normal or the fault of the customer.
it's downright unreal
[quoted image]

That hole is an extra outlane to make the game harder

Baffling how it could pass quality control.

1 year later
#823 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

One month of play on this Mirco playfield at PHoF. A clear cover was added to stop the damage from spreading.
[quoted image]

Ouch, that's horrible!

1 week later
#955 1 year ago

I hope all people here on Pinside that have had problems with their playfields mail pictures as we finally have seem to gotten PPS and Mircos attention for once.

1 week later
#1083 1 year ago

Initially I had high hopes when both mirco and PPS responded here but now it seems we are just back to shitty, non-helping comments from Mirco (it's always our fault, not his) and nothing will change.

Makes me a sad panda

3 weeks later
#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

In defense and to be fair to micro.
Micro Reproductions offer Reproductions of playfields. It's a lot harder to claim you are getting taken for your money when the business is selling reproductions.
Reproductions have more leeway in details here and their. Your not buying a copy perfect copy when Reproductions is in the business title.
A Cluade Monnet is going to fetch millions while a reproduction or a print copy will go for 100s or 25 dollars at the yard sale.
No one is going puffing their chest out when they buy a print of a monet painting.

Doing repros doesn't excuse bad products with obvious flaws, nonexistent support and generally shitty customer attitude.

4 months later
#1747 8 months ago

Wtf!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#1789 7 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It's always hit or miss with Mirco. You never know what you're going to get.

According to all the horrifying playfield pictures posted here (and other threads on pinside) I would say we do know what we get from Mirco: absolute crap!

Everyone should just stop buying his stuff, period. I would rather have a worn original pf than one of his with a 99% risk of defects.

#1801 7 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

... As for my mini whale investor you will see what happens next year in my brothers driveway

Is it sitting on a cardboard sheet on your driveway, without legs? We already got one imamaculate thing , don't need another one.

1 month later
#1916 6 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Every. Facking. Playfield he does has something like this. I mean, once or twice? Sure, I can see that. But the about of times he seems to have artwork issues really beats the odds. Like they're ALL "rush jobs".
Which is amusing, since he had the donor PF for 3 years, and was "working on the art" forever.

It's not his fault, it's always the customers fault, aren't you aware ?

2 months later
#2169 4 months ago

It might not be true for all types of clearcoat but a car painter told me that normally the clear dries in like x hours (can't remember exactly his stated time) and that all extra "dry time" is unnecessary. The ratio of clear and hardener is the important thing, if the ratio is wrong then it won't harden properly no matter how long you let it cure, it will never get good.

No idea what chemicals Mirco is using but it might be the case that it doesn't make any difference how long he cures his playfields, as long as he gives them the proper initial time.

What I'm trying to say is that the cure time might not be the problem, but his processes, the chemicals used or the ratios.

1 month later
#2253 84 days ago

I'd rather have an original pf fixed and recleared than a new one that you can't rely on.

#2256 84 days ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

I've been through this thread and I thought I read of someone else in Germany doing pf. Is that an option?

Buthamburg in Germany makes excellent playfields, unfortunately he doesn't have that many different games supported yet.

2 months later
#2739 5 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

... You can see a slight compression ring in the clear. I attribute this to the play field being less than two weeks old with the clear still fresh and not fully cured.

I talked to a professional car painter a few years ago about potentionally clearcoating some playfields for me and he explained that the clearcoat hardens/dries in a matter of hours or at max a day. If the clearcoat is too brittle or too soft after that timeframe then there was something wrong in the ratio between clear and hardener and more time won't make any difference.

I would think the same applies for playfield coating, meaning it doesn't help letting it "dry" for some extra months if the clearcoat ratio is wrong, were applied badly or bad prep-work before coating; extra time won't change anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lhyrgoif.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=lhyrgoif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.