IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 2 years ago

This has been an interesting discussion as I'm looking into new PFs but reluctant for many of the reasons stated. I've got a FT playfield from CPR that I picked up years ago that the clear is simply peeling off of.

What's really disappointing is that it appears that the digital art could be proofed by the community for free and that appears to be avoided. Missing text and generally goofed up grafix being rushed to print.

Quoted from amxfc3s:

Why can't we get more proper silkscreened playfields like Buthamburg/Peter makes?

Quoted from dmacy:

No I’m talking about Buthamburg guys.
https://www.buthamburg.de/en/playfields

Buthamburg seems to have print/reproduction issues too. I'm interested in a set of T2 cab decals but the head has obvious mistakes from simply mirror imaging for the 2nd side (note the registered symbol). The "R" is even backwards. There's shading pattern differences in there too (when compared to my cab) but who knows if that's just from 2 different cab runs. Otherwise I'd have a set already. Can't find any info on that being corrected in later runs either.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 months later
#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

To answer this - Peter is f*cking AWESOME. He cares, and he does a freakin' fantasic job. After CPR and Mirco had so many art issues (with TX, Metero, 9-Ball), Peter was asked by some of us if we could review his art for Road-Show - and he willingly sent out PDF copies of his art. And it was flawless.

Odd, because his T2 decals are not correct. So you may say this but I don't actually see this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/7#post-6655791

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In my defense, those decals were done a while back, and aren't a recent product. My comments are also only referring to his playfields. I have no experience with other products they sell.

My apologies if you felt like this was a personal attack, it wasn't meant that way but I can certainly see out it came across that way. So I'm sorry about that.

I was trying to express that I hear what you are saying, but when I go and actually look at their stuff, it's showing some of the same sloppy carelessness that we see elsewhere. Anyway, I *know* there are always going to be mistakes. I'd like to see vendors actually take steps to correct them AND correct the process so they don't happen again.

10 months later
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I can't wait for Buthamburg's new shop to get up and running! It may be the greatest playfield production facility in the world when they're done, and they have a keen eye on quality and will reject parts with even smaller defects than what Mirco puts out.

Yea, well I'll wait and see. The T2 cab decals have several errors that are obvious and have kept me from buying.

Lets not oversimplify this stuff. There's a lot of work to get correct reproductions.

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

What we the errors on the cab decals? I have some downstairs, but decided not to even put them on after my extensive (first time) playfield swap.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/7#post-6655791

When I posted that I pulled images directly from their site. I have no idea if they've since fixed these issues. I'd be in for a set if they have.

3 weeks later
#918 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The quality of licensed parts across the board is extremely poor these days.
I have been at this for over twenty years and it’s at an all time low
Peeling plastics,pooling playfields,terrible cabinet art and bubbling backglasses are the absolute norm it seems not the exception unfortunately. Even little things like spinner decals,apron decals and the like are on the quality level of a postage stamp.
That’s not a shot at anyone it’s a true and honest evaluation from a guy that uses these products daily and knows exactly what to expect.
We don’t have as many parts today as we have had in years past.
When most go out of stock they never return.
If they do it is often a lesser version becoming a copy of a copy of a copy.
There are some exceptions but it’s the opposite of what it should be.
The exceptions should be the problematic parts not the good ones.
If anyone is truly paying attention and cares this is my unbiased alarm signal.

THIS ^^ Exactly THIS ^^ OMG if there was a way to post this on a billboard. I don't have anywhere near the exposure that you do but I can tell you that my experience is the same. I hardly buy any new parts that have art on them because inevitably I loose the dice roll. It's WAY less stress to just stick with the OEM stuff in whatever state it currently is.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#1511 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I understand. But what do you do? If you have been reading along you know Mirco sent me a Quicksilver play field. I ran into some pooling issues and Mirco sent me a replacement Quicksilver play field.
This replacement play field had flaws in the clear at both rollover buttons. The clear on these two rollover inserts was butt ugly.
I managed to get both inserts fixed, but it took 20-25 hours of my time scraping and digging crappy clear from both inserts and then having to reapply the clear. I feel fortunate that I had the skills and tools to do this.
So, here is one more showing that Mirco ships shit. This play field should have never been shipped, but it was. I sent Mirco these pics but it did not do any good.

He shipped you a production reject so that it didn't cut into his bottom line. Plain and simple. There was no good faith in shipping that "replacement" to you period.

#1535 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How come we don't see a red icon next to your name instead of the free-riding gray icon? Did you just forget to make another donation in June 2021?

Why are you throwing others under the bus here - What's making a donation vs not have to do with the quality of a person's contributions on this forum?

#1543 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I stand corrected. I had no call to say this. And I apologize for the offense.
I am the one who revived this 3 year old thread looking for a solution to get my play field back from Mirco.
That's all I want.
I'll make it a point to post in this thread once a week until Mirco returns my play field.

Thanks.

I wish, like everyone else here, that this would get resolved. I remember the days of not having playfields and then being excited that you could get repros. Sadly, I've dropped all plans to buy repro playfields now.

3 months later
#2096 6 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I just bought a full decal set for my T2 from them last week. Shipped super fast.

Can you tell me if they have corrected the printing error on the head decals? They simply mirror imaged the 2nd side and didn't fix the "R" registered mark. There are other issues too but that's the easy one to spot..

1 month later
#2154 4 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Someone else who has not received a play field from Mirco needs to step up and make their case.
My grievances were satisfied.

He's returned your plastic set?

2 months later
#2316 72 days ago

As much as Mirco is a complete douche with the way he operates, the license holder holds just as much blame. And the fact is that PPS doesn't care one bit or they'd put forward more of an effort to fix it. Brushing it off with some nonsense about receiving few complaints is just a way to check to box saying they did something and ignore the problems.

I'm only one consumer but I'm doing my best to avoid sending either of them any of my $.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=bakerhillpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.