IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 3 years ago

Shame...

Is it just me or did he not have these issues five years ago?

I remember he used to do good work but last few years the quality is poor and the customer services is even worse.

1 year later
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:I had a great experience with 8 Mirco playfields, and a pile of Radcal decals.
Jersey Jack just uses posts with smaller diameter than holes thru playfileds.
This puts all lateral forces to the surface of playfield vs/ the wood in the hole.
Williams/Bally/others use posts that touch the side walls of thru-playfield holes.
The issue with JJP playfields is not Mirco's fault, but rather JJP
Mirco told me JJP is fixing this in the next title by using holes and posts of the same diameter.
No more tilting over of posts, and posts moving around messing up the clear.
Scott

Then why are Funhouse PF failing apart too

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Mine had no issues. We beat on it for a couple years and I recently sold it.
?
Some people suck at doing playfield swaps?
Some people don't maintain correctly and don't check posts after a few hundred plays?

My friend here who does professional PF swaps (about 5-10 a year) now charges extra for Mirco PFs and won’t guarantee the work. I’ve seen the email exchanges with Mirco. There’s just too much of gamble imo buying his products.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

[quoted image]

Wait you can say you dislike CPR but if we say we dislike Mirco that’s being a crybaby?
What a hypocrite

1 year later
#1166 1 year ago

Sadly I’m not buying anything NIB Mirco… pf, game with a pf, and decals. Sorry JJP.

Every person I know has had problems with Funhouse PF.

It’s not every PF that has issues, my Potc was defective while my friends was great. But at the costs it isn’t worth taking a gamble.

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

In terms of results, silkscreening is still superior in several ways, but the major downside is it's much more time consuming (both in preparation and during printing), and alignment between screen colors can sometimes be difficult. With silkscreening, there's also a few interesting things you can do with layering effects (like the red rug pattern leading up to the the left ramp on TAF) that are difficult to replicate with direct print. You also can't really do custom inks (or florescent inks), such as the green saucers on AFM (you're mostly stuck with CYMK colors with most ink or UV cure printers).
I think buthamburg and the guy doing small batches of EM playfields may be the last ones still doing silkscreening.

CGC has silkscreen PFs

2 months later
#1368 9 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Biggest question is , why does Pinside still allow him to sell in the marketplace?? Am I missing some details,, if so my apologies in advance.

From Robin

Quoted from robin:

There's no secret here. Mirco runs a Pinside shop, and pays a commission over his sales. He gets no special treatment, and the mere fact that all these threads are allowed to exist (rather than being removed for monetary reasons) should be enough evidence that I'm always on the side of the Pinside community. I hope you realize this.
I have been asked numerous times why I allow Mirco to keep selling playfields via a Pinside shop, in light of the complaints and issues people have been posting about. The simple truth is this: the number of orders/sales Mirco gets via Pinside do not match the number of complaints I see on Pinside. Far from it. That tells me that the issues are still an anomaly and not the norm.
That's not to say there are no issues! There are plenty of documented cases here on Pinside (some posted by respected Pinsiders) that tell a different story. And especially in the customer service department, Mirco's reputation on Pinside isn't exactly immaculate.
It is my hope that by allowing constructive discussion, manufacturers can learn and improve their products and, maybe even more important, their customer service and QA. On the other hand, mob mentality can sometimes over-amplify rare issues which is also undesirable.
To level the playing field (pun intended) for manufacturers and Pinsiders alike, I have been considering adding the option for product reviews to Pinside Shops. It will help establish a sense of which products are good or, uhm, not so good. It will award good customer service. It will disclose bad business ethics. And by only allowing actual customers to post reviews, you can be sure the review is legit. The system could also show when people send stuff back or if they got a refund, i.e. full transparency.
In closing, and for no particular reason other than to look cool, I'll end with a great quote from Warren Buffet: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pdxmonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=Pdxmonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.