IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#685 1 year ago

Ugh.. and I was just about to order a Medieval Madness PF from Micro. This sucks

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Kruzman told me via Email a few months back, that he no longer does used playfields. New only. I was interested in having my BSD done. I ended up ordering a Mirco. For what it's worth, it looked good and everything lined up reasonably well. Seems to be holding up well also. Maybe I got lucky? Now the RadCals I recieved.... that's another story. I created my own thread regarding those and I ended up disputing the charges with my card company. Mircos attitude does indeed suck!

So is that the option now... ordering from Micro and having it sent to Kruzman to re-clear? Although it sounds like the clear coat issues are just one of the problems you have to deal with.

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Turning a $1000 piece of wood into a $2000 piece of wood.

Yeah... and then you still have to the pf install. It is a big and expensive project. I think I am just going to live with mf.... the inserts are raised a bit (with a bit of wear around them), but the new Micro PF might be worse.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It isn't every playfield. yes people have had issues and it sucks but I have installed 6 or so from Mirco and not had a problem with alignment, fitting in the cab, or clearcoat issues. Many of these playfields are now being used frequently in tournaments and on location with no issues.

It's just a crappy lottery. When Chris says that he won't use them anymore... it makes it tough to justify using them.

#719 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

I'm tryign to catch up on this post because I need to do a PF swap of AFM. It sounds like there aren't good options? Or perhaps the best option is to find someone (Las Vegas Playfields?) to restore my original? I don't know--it's pretty beat up and likely just needs to be replaced.
I would love opinions--thanks!

Same boat, but I need a MM

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

Interesting, I have done (2) IJ’s with no alignment or hole issues. CH fixed and recleared the first one, second one was a 2000/3000 grit flat sand and buff.

If I remember correctly, CH fixed the “Willie Fangs” issue didn’t he? Mine was going through HEP at the same time!

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, does anyone have a CNC file and artwork file? I'm almost tempted to see if I could go that route with my AFM.
I've had a WTB ad up for a non-mirco playfield for ages now, but I've only had a couple of responses about old tired playfields that weren't much better than mine.
I emailed PPS almost a full year ago asking about a CGC AFM playfield, but at the time, it sounded like they didn't have any plans to ask for more to be made since production was completed on those.
Does Buthamburg have any plans surrounding AFM?

So maybe we should all work together with our PF's and have them sent for restoration. Since it sounds like it can take a year or longer it kinda sucks to have a game sitting without a PF for that long. Kinda like a PF book exchange

I need a MM... If it is okish shape I could buy it, or just send you mine once it is pulled out of the game.

#736 1 year ago

I just realized that the Mirco AFM PF that i had installed last year has art printed below the starposts. Sigh. I guess I need to buy some washers

3 weeks later
#786 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am a super picky guy, over the top maybe. Some say a wacko. I have no doubt a Mirco PF is not good enough for me.
Do you think normal non-picky people are happy with Mirco products?

I think only picky people do PF swaps.

I wouldn't consider myself overly picky. I try to be a realist on things, but the chipping underneath the posts and the bad dimpling are real issues.

3 weeks later
#978 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Unfortunately playfield manufacturers don't grow on trees ... any for anyone new it takes years and many mistakes to get things decent ... and then often they are tripped up by something (ink changes, chemical changes, process changes, regulation changes, etc). These are low volume endeavors very expensive to get all the elements lined up to call it a business, which is why the options are so few ... just the nature of that business. So, prefer to work with Mirco to move him in the right direction than to shut dozens of playfields down which will not be made for years if at all ... I guess hardtops would be the solution then ...
So, I prefer to try to solve problems than destroy people's ability to have a product in the marketplace. There have been hundreds of Mirco products sold, and there are not hundreds of complaints. We have a number of them and sell them without issues. We also have the option for customer to see the playfield in detail before we ship, which I think would help in some cases.
So anyone with issues, let me know, and we will advocate for you and try to get your situation in front of the supplier and resolved as best we can.
Team PPS

I can understand your pain.

Reputations are restored through a relatively robust corrective action process. I get that some of the things are “trade secrets” and can’t be revealed publicly… but every attempt should be made for transparency. As a former quality manager I can tell you that the goal of the corrective action process is the *honestly* identify and correct the problem… not just filling the paperwork in order to get people off your back.

Also- there has to be a “pain index” for quality. I worked in sporting goods and a quality issue essentially meant just replacing the product (everyone was cool with that). I also worked with companies making critical parts for nuclear reactors (max pain index) … on those things the process had to be 100% bulletproof with multiple redundancy checks.make no mistake that level of quality has a cost.

For pinball parts… a bad plastic is in the “apologize and replace” where a 30-hr playfield swap part requires a much higher level of skill and scrutiny. Just using “robots” doesn’t necessarily provide that level of repeatability…. Do parameters change? Are the machines set up exactly the same… what about the raw materials?

If you do that… provide exceptional customer service during the occasional screw ups… and companies find that a vast majority of their customers root *for them to succeed*

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=NC_Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.