IMG_5325 (resized).JPG
IMG_5324 (resized).JPG
IMG_5323 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #583 Mirco failure photos. Posted by ForceFlow (2 years ago)

Post #703 Alternate Playfield Restoration service Posted by petebest (1 year ago)

Post #795 List of Mirco playfield issues by HEP Posted by High_End_Pins (1 year ago)

Post #896 Response form PPS concerning playfield issues Posted by PPS (1 year ago)

Post #940 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Post #1045 Peeling clearcoat Posted by Warzard (1 year ago)

Post #1096 quicksliver clearcoat failure under posts Posted by gdonovan (1 year ago)

Post #1097 Black Knight clearcoat failure under posts Posted by wolffcub (1 year ago)

Post #1119 Example of another playfield company standing behind their products Posted by ForceFlow (1 year ago)

Post #1123 Response from Mirco Posted by Highclasspinball (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I mount a star post in hidden area, with nut and washer on backside, so I can really crank these down.
If no pooling around post here, it wont happen anywhere else.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is literally what Mirco did with GNR playfields and it didn't work lol

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I will chime in again. UV ink is not the problem! It is either moisture, poor manufacturing process at times (surface prep or cleanliness), or poor clear coat factors. Never had it happen to me for restorations or over 300 new playfields I did the last 15 years.

OK, then explain why spooky and stern had pretty much the exact same issues, and their fix was removing art around posts and that seems to have solved it?

#440 2 years ago

The clear can only be as good as the substrate its attached to. If its attached to ink that isn't stuck to the wood well enough, then you can have the most bad ass clear in the world and it isn't going to matter.

#442 2 years ago

Wish people would say ink stuck or adhering to sealed wood with lenses. It is not a failure of ink to wood or plastic, unless someone missed sealing the playfield before printing. Same with finish clear that does not get hard, something was added or bad product, or failure in application.

I am interested in getting some insight to the question I asked you a few posts up about spooky and stern's fix

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

I just recently got a playfield from Mirco for my black knight and it looks great. I have yet to install it but i do have a post that is installed as a test and its looking like its holding up well with no issues. The finish on the Mirco playfield is a thousand times better in terms of smoothness and polishing compared to the CPR ones, all the inserts show no die back or rings around them. I have been doing additional clear applications to other CPR gold playfields that other pin owners bring me. The CPR ones just have a mist of clear on them so I add at least 2 more layers, this also fills in any recessed areas around the inserts so everything is smooth after.

As we saw on GNR the test post is not an indicator of whether your playfield will be defective or not

#512 2 years ago

Holy crap he got friggin grilled and he just sat there acting smug.

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

LOVE Mirco playfields!
I don't like CPR. The worst I have ever had was from CPR.
Maybe your "professional" isn't so professional? lol
I think maybe I have done 10-12 Mirco playfields so far, then I have Wonka and Dialed In and had a Hobbit. No issues for me with any.
?? Some new people into pinball don'y check for loose hardware until it's too late. Then go blame someone else. Or people do playfield swaps and drop tools on the playfield, or lean onto the playfield bowing it. I dunno?

Yeah HEP and Brian Kelly and Kruzman probably suck at it and you're way better. Good call.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

And you see both of them complaining about Mirco playfields on Pinside? I missed that. You are saying they both don't like Mirco? Why not let them speak for themselves eh?

They have. Many times. HEP even had a video talking about it and showing an example on an AFM that I think has since been removed. They aren't the only ones either. Many highly respected restorers have seen and dealt with these issues. My whole point is thinking that you're some restoration god and anyone else must suck if they've experienced these problems is a pretty ludicrous position to take.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's HEP and Brian Kelly from a couple of days ago in this thread, talking to each other and "speaking for themselves."
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/10#post-6848837

Yep and in other threads too. Thank you for this.

#604 2 years ago

The undersized post thing stems from that stupid youtube video some hack put out saying that it was the cause. Its been debunked numerous times but people still continue to go with that narrative. It "could" be a contributing factor, but I even doubt that. Regardless, its not the main cause and people really just need to stop with that.

10 months later
#762 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I’m curious about more info on this. Is he scamming people? Are people not getting what they agree to? Is his work not up to what it should be?

Quoted from Williampinball:

It's everything u said and more just read all the post here it's all true art work is not the best ,clear coat not the same as oil base is what he's using doesn't really dry and when it does chips off under posts ,I got one a year ago and he said its ready too install and I got it and it's wasn't. Dry I heard some people have too wait a year for it too dry and still things happen too them all so it's really not worth anything better off restoring your own for cheaper in the long run

If talking about Mirco, then yes, he sucks. If talking about Kruzman, then no, he is legit.

#808 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was not trying to justify his business practices.
But some people here were like "why doesn't he just fix the problems?". As if he is thinking, "I could do a lot better, but why bother as long as I'm making money."
It may be that the problems are outside of his ability and/or finances to fix. So he makes what he can with what he's got.
That doesn't excuse his pretending that there isn't a problem, but then what are his other choices?
He could just shut down (which helps no one), or he could say "Yes, I know it's crap, but it's all I have." Neither of those seems to be a great answer.

Theres 2 problems with this argument:
1. He doesn't believe there is any problems with his products at all and has stated that on multiple occasions
2. Even if he thought there was a problem, and everything you said was true, thats too bad. It doesn't give him the greenlight to sell poor products to the public.

#812 1 year ago

Wrong. I used Waterbourne Varethane Interior Gloss for 15 years. Never had a problem using it to seal the wood with 2 spray coats before uv inkjet printing from the start with numerous direct ink restorations. I was one of the pioneers pushing the envelope for this technology & took years of crap from experts that believed solely on screen printing. Over the 15 years about 400 playfields were done by myself, & the help of contractors. Numerous different finish clear coat contractors used, & bunch done by a former CPR contractor. Over all the playfields done by Great Pinball, zero failed for pooling or delamination. No robots used in the production for inserts or sealing or clearing of playfields. I might still re-enter the market as part of a new team that has financial backing which I lack. Lots of areas of playfield production still need to be met.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/varathane-premium-diamond-wood-finish-for-interior-water-based-in-semi-gloss-clear-236-ml/1000111887

You're using it for a base layer, not for the final clearcoat though, correct? Also you should quit saying they were done by you with the help of contractors and say they were done by contractors with some help from you

#814 1 year ago

Yes as a sealer, not the finish clear coats which were auto clear. Auto clear was either solvent or water based over the 15 years. The bulk of the work was done by myself. CNC, Printing, & Finish Clear was contracted out. The playfields were my products for Star Gazer & Seawitch, not a project done solely by a contactor. Mirco likely does all the production in house along with some others, & there are some of us that need to contract out work.
I have always been open about my production, & what is used or done over the years. Hope it helps out anyone interested, or not.

Yeah I would not be too worried about it yellowing as a base coat. As a top coat, it absolutely will.

1 week later
#831 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

One month of play on this Mirco playfield at PHoF. A clear cover was added to stop the damage from spreading.
[quoted image]

HOLY CRAP

1 week later
#869 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

> Mirco makes products under license from Planetary [PPS].
> A trademark licensor can be held liable for defective goods produced by their licensees.
> Therefore, PPS shares in the responsibility for damages caused by products on which their trademark appears.
> PPS bares liability even though they are not the manufacturer or the retailer.
> All entities that take part in production or marketing are strictly liable for any injuries resulting from such entity placing a defective good in the stream of commerce.
> This reasoning is based on an always-moving cost-benefit analysis that holds entities which benefit from the sale of defective products are responsible for the costs.
> The Lanham Act permits a trademark owner to license its trademark to a licensee that is a related company.
> The act defines a related company as "any person whose use of a mark is controlled by the owner of the mark with respect to the nature and quality of the goods or services on or in connection with which the mark is used."
> Under the Lanham Act, a trademark licensor [PPS] cannot be completely uninvolved in the manufacturing or they risk forfeiture of the mark.
> If PPS declares they have “nothing to do with the goods” other than placing their trademark on the products then they have failed to exercise the mandated control over nature or quality.
(See Lanham Act § 45, 15 U.S.C. § 1127)

Quoted from SuperMica:

As the trademark holder PPS is liable for defective products manufactured >under license< by Mirco. Therefore, submit a claim to PPS.

LOL, good luck with that my boy. PPS doesn't care and never have and probably never will.

#878 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBuzz:

Where are you getting this information from. Too much salt in your head from the sea. Stop just speculating things.

He just saw the Buthamburg thread about them moving into a bigger facility and wants to do his shtick of pretending to have some kind of insider knowledge.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

I still don’t understand why major company, such as JJP, is still going with Mirco. I’m pretty sure that this is affecting their sales. Maybe, it would have been a much better long term solution, such as CGC, that they change supplier or built their own playfields. It would have been an investment for sure, but much better long term solution and much better to deal with issues with customers if issues or change any manufacturing process themselves.

Because Mirco is allegedly an investor in JJP. Face it folks, he ain't going anywhere

#909 1 year ago

FWIW Rick has also stated he'd talk with Classic Arcades in the past about their quality issues and literally nothing has changed with them either. I wouldn't get your hopes up about anything Rick says.

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:What I do and will do is forward any issue to any of our suppliers with complaints of quality and work with them to get a resolution if you cannot come to one yourself.
What I won't do is deal with generalities, so if you have a specific issue on a specific product that you cannot get a resolution with then let me know.
I've already heard back from Mirco ... so will be digging into any issues ... which I've had one email so far.
rick

Yes yes, many of us have seen this song and dance before. Respectfully, I will believe things when I start hearing of RESULTS, until then, this is just more talk. I'm happy to hear you're taking an interest. Lets see how it works out this time. If positive results are gained, its good for everyone in the hobby! I appreciate the PM, but its not my job to do your job for you either. When so many people know something is a problem and you're seemingly the last one to find out...not confidence inspiring. I'm not trying to be combative at all, I'm just spelling things out in black and white. I'll be the first to say that without you, we'd probably be in a much worse spot, so thank you for the good things you do do. I hope things work out.

#996 1 year ago

Speaking of washers, shouldn't it be a giant red flag for Rick that a mass produced game with Mirco playfields REQUIRED washers to keep the ink from lifting? But nah, problems are only one off sporadic things that happen only once in a while. I'm telling you guys, this ain't gonna go anywhere and nothing is going to change

1 week later
#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Let's say you are right and we produce only crap, how can you explain that there is not a single playfield issue reported on TS?

Because you removed the artwork around the posts on TS4. A "fix" everyone else has known for quite some time. Why did you not do this on GNR? Will you start doing it on older games too? Will people be upset that it isn't just like the originals at that point? I'm not sure. Why does the art even need to be removed around posts to keep the issues from happening? Don't you think you should be working on that widely known problem?

#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Mirco didn't remove the art, he does not do the art package. That is given to him by JJP. JJP put art there. Removing the art also isn't a fix, it's no different than turning up the radio and saying your muffler is fixed.

lol

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Good point. "It's in the files"

Exactly!

3 months later
#1321 10 months ago

Man what if somebody went to a pinball show that Mirco was at and took a picture of his back? That would really show him

1 week later
#1440 9 months ago

Yeah, I get that maybe he does need the playfield to do what he needs to do, but unfortunately for him it is not up to him to tell anyone they can't have their own property back. Thats his loss for not being able to make it happen. Thats just really bad and kind of infuriates me to be honest.

#1444 9 months ago

Anything this guy makes or sells is grap never again

Yess the return of the mysterious "grap". Its been a while!

#1527 9 months ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I have followed this whole thread for three years, there's a lot of bad stories and bad pictures yes.
However anyone who chimes in and says "My Mirco experience was fine and the product is fine" gets blasted out of here.
So essentially it's a very biased source of data, which is a massive problem with internet echo chambers. According to this thread Mirco is literally the worst business man with the worst product ever, and everyone who is pissed off about it knows exactly how to fix it. So this thread is a type of Perpetual Grievance Machine... Which you are all most welcome to continue being frustrated in, I was just curious if people are getting close to the acceptance phase of grief.

Head on over to the Mad Amusements thread and give some insight about the good dealings you've had with Mike Ducker while you're at it. Maybe we've all got the wrong idea about that guy too since plenty of people got their parts and he only rips off people overseas.

Edit- changed "Pinball" to "Amusements". Mad Pinball are good folks, I don't want to accidently mix them up with Mad Amusements who is a dirty scumbag addicted to scratch offs.

#1565 9 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I have ordered 3 IJPA playfields from Mirco. The first went off in a full restoration to a buyer in PA so I don’t know how it is holding up (purchased play field on 9/26/22 sold pin on 1/23/23)
Second two playfields ordered on 12/1/22 and we are just now doing the second restoration.
We put metal washers the same diameter as the interior of the main support of a star post. The star posts have been installed for a few weeks so I thought a would pull a couple and check for pooling.
No damage to report but the presence of that playfields protector speaks to my level of confidence. There are rings clearly visible from both the washer and the star post in a pic taking with a zoomed in camera, but they can't be seen without the camera and are not detectable by touch.
Will see how it goes...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jeez he still hasn't fixed Willie's teeth?? Even if Mirco made quality products I could never bring myself to buy an IJPA playfield from him with such a glaring error front and center

#1567 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

It’s fine. She’s a blood sucker.

well, you've got a much cleaner mind than me, my friend

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1578 9 months ago

They are fine for a blown out field. They should not be used on a mildly worn field, and should never be called a restoration. Restoring something means bringing it back closer to its original state. A hard top does not do this at all. to use everyone's favorite thing, a cargument, it's putting a vinyl wrap on a rusted beater and saying its restored. No, it may look better than before, but its not a restoration.

I think a hardtop does bring a game back much closer to its original state and that your example is nowhere near what a hard top is. Maybe if it was just an overlay with no clear coat your example would be closer to making sense

#1591 9 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I cringe when I see the term restoration and hardtop used in the same breath.
Hardtop should be last resort when the playfield is beat and there is no other options.
It changes the gameplay, full stop. Every single game I have played with a hardtop was notably different than a standard playfield or cleared playfield.
This goes for playfields with OLD DULL mylar too. I pulled the mylar off a Data East Playboy and it was a night and day difference in speed.

Clearcoat changes gameplay too. Full stop. Yet nobody seems to have a problem with clearcoated games.

#1592 9 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

My friend has a Ruby Red Woz with more than a few games on. The play field still looks brand new and has no dimples. So, Mirco did have it right at one time.
I agree in this situation that using the rubber washer amounts to a band aid, but you do what you gotta do. My problem now is that I may have someone else who would like for me to build them a Quicksilver. I only have the one option for buying a Quicksilver play field.
It is a crappy situation.
And I still want my Dragonfist play field back.

I dont know if Mirco did those playfields. That may have still been Bader at that point. It was probably screen printed too, which seems to have way less problems than the digitally printed playfields.

#1625 9 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

As someone who has actually personally clear coated a few playfields I have NOT noted a radical change of gameplay between clearcoated and nonclearcoated. I have noted it with hardtop playfields.
When there is no alternative, I had no problem with a hardtop. I have a problem with people using the term RESTORED when a pin with a hardtop is nothing of the sort.

As someone who has played all these types of playfields: Nah its mostly in your head. They play just fine with a hardtop, pf protector, or with clearcoat. Yes there is a big difference between clear and "bare" wood. Your big problem with the word restored is also just a weird hangup that is nonsensical.

remember guys, if you take the original playfield out and replace it with a newly manufactured one with clearcoat it IS a restoration. If you leave the original playfield in but make it just like a new playfield with very similar characteristics of a clearcoated playfield it IS NOT a restoration. LOGIC!

#1629 9 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

So everyone who has played a game with a hardtop and noted the exact same odd behavior I have is just a crazy right?
Good to know.

Everyone? I see way way more people saying they look and play great and its always just boomery old grumps who yell at the clouds about how bad they are. I'm in tune with games, probably to a fault. If it played radically different or poorly I'd be the first to notice. They play good.

One thing I always find funny is I have a playfield protector in my getaway. When I don't tell people about it they always remark about how dialed I have the game. Those who I tell before they play it that theres a playfield protector in there start whining about ughhh it plays weird. Not every one, but enough where I've noticed. Never ever one bad remark if they don't realize beforehand. Now thats just crazy, right?

#1634 9 months ago

a proper, not overly thick, clear plays just like any other originally cleared game. The insane clears on a lot of games now can have an effect. No one seems to bother understanding film thickness and how much is too much, there are actually specs for that. Mirco seems to not bother with that though which screws up the job..

I agree with you that the real thick clear coats is not the way to go.

Hardtop and 2pac have very similar coefficient of friction, whether thick or thin. Yes I expect to pay a little less for a hard topped game than one with a brand new playfield or a painstakingly hand painted restored playfield, and I would also expect it to be disclosed when I was buying. Luckily for all you guys that have this weird mental hangup about hardtops, outside edge mainly makes them for games that are on the low end of the price scale and/or almost no replacement options. Its not like I have to worry about buying a "restored" TOTAN only to find out theres a BIG EVIL HARDTOP installed in it.

#1636 9 months ago

Who said to take away restoration. Just don't use the term when it's not a restoration. It's a pretty simple concept, therefore I'd assume you'd be able to understand it. Guess I gave you too much credit. A swap can absolutely be a restoration. NOS swap is the best, repro swap is fine. hunk of plastic, unless it was a plastic field to begin with, is not. Swaps putting in the same, or similar, parts to the original are taking something from a worn sate back closer to the original state. If I "restore" and TAF by putting in a Gilligan playfield it's not a restoration, it's a completely different thing.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/restore
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/restore

you...you realize an addams family hard top doesn't exist right?

Also, your example is not an apt comparison at all.

#1641 9 months ago

Fair enough, it was just weird that I specifically pointed out the types of gamess outside edge makes hardtops for (at least for the time being) and his next reply was some nonsensical babbling about exactly the type of game hard tops aren't used on.

Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Some people will never knowingly use a playfield protector (Haymaker, ha ). Everyone is different, but shaming someone for their choice isn't exactly constructive.
Mirco actively working on the Dragonfist. Artwork being carefully reviewed.

I've used PF protectors on 3 games actually. Been very happy with them each time. Yeah I'd prefer not to have one on my getaway, but its got a lot of uneven inserts that scared me to fix. The second one I had was in my haunted house, it was awesome. Made the game play super nice and fast and no more weird rolls on the edge of the window. I used one on Vector too, and that was probably my worst experience. I just did not like how the 2 levels lined up there was a lot of fenageling (Spelling?) I had to do and I was never fully satisfied with the fit. It did its job protecting the playfield from wearing out more though and played nice. Would buy again. In fact, I want one badly for my Black Hole. PS- I know you're just giving me a hard time and thats perfectly fine lol

#1643 9 months ago

Gdonavan, even though you did the scorned lover move of making a reply to me then blocking me, I was still able to read it. Its not that I think your opinion is invalid, its just more like when kids swear they can taste eggs in egg rolls and since they don't like eggs they don't like egg rolls. I really don't have a problem with you agreeing with me or not, I just think the whole pounding your fist over what is and isn't a restoration is very silly when we break it down like we have.

2 weeks later
#1710 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

What I really find interesting/odd is IIRC, WOZ had playfield chipping issues reported, Hobbit was released and instead of chipping had dimpling instead. Not exactly what I would call an issue, but the point is the clear coat used was absolutely different. Then POTC came out and that has pooling and chipping issues. With enough Pinsiders standing together it forced JJP to send new PF's. I don't remember reading where anyone stated they did the pf swap and had pooling etc. I suspect most people simply left the new pf in the box?
Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken here, but the pooling/chipping issue seemed to calm down there for a bit. DI was released and I don't recall pooling/chipping being reported? Maybe people just accepted the new norm or used neoprene washers as their "fix" and have been quiet?
And what about the last 3 releases? We're seeing chipping/pooling reports.
Look, I understand environmental policies have changed forcing people to find other ways to accomplish things. But what really bugs the hell outta me is the complete lack of basic common sense to see there's an inconsistency. WHY?! By now, you'd figure Mirco would be smart enough to start tracking product by lot/serial #. Since it's the clear coat being the only problem then power of deduction. Is the same clear coat brand being used? Is the formula mixture the same? Temperature difference. Cure time. Temp of curing storage, supplier of wood, same ink brand/formula used.
If I were JJP, I'd put my boot on his neck and demand answers/results. A simple demand of QA performed every single time a new batch of clear is mixed up. Demand a post is installed, pictures of it torqued to whatever spec and let set for 3 days. Mirco would be forced to actually care. Imagine how many PF's he'd have to scrap every time this basic QA was performed and failed?

WOZ playfields (and maybe hobbit) weren't made by Mirco. At least the first ones that had all the issues. Not sure about later runs like yellow brick road.

#1725 8 months ago

I heard whispers that Heighway had a 20% reject rate on their playfields from Mirco back in the Alien days

1 month later
#1824 7 months ago
Quoted from hool10:

For the life of me I don't understand why JJP doesn't hire a person such as Andy Parent to consult or run a playfield clearcoating production department. When you place a "Made in the USA" sticker on your game, I expect the game to be at least mostly made in the USA. Electronics yeah Taiwan or China has us beat. The playfields though is something that can be done here and you have more control over the quality here. It's why American Pinball does it, Stern Pinball, etc. https://www.youtube.com/live/TRlxsEVy1nI?si=JNmKJjmlVBxoWULC

Because its rumored that Mirco has a stake (as in part ownership or other agreement) with JJP, so they couldn't ditch him even if they wanted to.

2 weeks later
#1842 6 months ago

Great idea no one needs this grap

Yay another appearance of GRAP!

1 week later
#1966 6 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Thank you for writing "crap" with a "c".

I thought I'd never see it happen!

#1995 6 months ago
Quoted from HobbyGuy:

I honestly don't know, and I appreciate the thought. But I'm one of those who would never use or buy a machine with a hardtop. Just don't like the idea.

There is not a hard top for black hole but I promise you it would play amazing with a playfield protector in it.

#2047 6 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Have you made playfields?
I'm familiar with White Water, so can speak to that Mirco playfield. The dimples all seem to be perfectly lined up and the artwork is tight to the cut outs and through holes on the front. A few errors were found on it that I have never seen posted on Pinside, so those will be reported in the appropriate thread and directly to Mirco. Despite the issues, and extra cost to fix them, am much more content with the reproduction playfield than a blown-out original (had one, but not worth it to restore, comparatively).
If Mirco gets notified of issues and doesn't ever fix them, I get it, but from what I've seen with White Water past issues do get corrected.

Clearly Mirco is the dog in this mangled metaphor, but are you and I the fleas?

Got it, thank you.

There was another guy who sent his NOS playfield to Mirco and Mirco only shipped him a repo back, not the NOS which was rightfully his. Never got it back. Also Mirco still has the Dragonfist guy's plastic set. I know you are in love with Mirco, but we have about 1 instance of him sort of making things right and several where he's been an absolute scumbag.

#2054 6 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Did Mirco agree to send that guy both back? Sounds like what CPR used to do (does?) with just sending back reproductions, but keeping originals.

Mirco was supposed to give his NOS playfield back and thats what the guy wanted back, he did not care about getting a repro playfield in return he simply wanted his extremely valuable rare NOS playfield back. He was just trying to be a good person to the community to make a hard to come by playfield able to be reproduced and your best pal Mirco fucked him, as hes screwed many many many many many many many others, oh he did make one guy halfway happy after years of jacking him around though so I guess its fine. On what planet does it make sense that somebody gives you a very rare and valuable item as a service to you, and you get to keep said rare and valuable item and only give a reproduction back in return!? Somebody helps you out, you get to keep their property, and you get to make a bunch of money selling reproductions of said other persons property. I mean, are you even hearing yourself? You're a clown, dude.

Also, no that is not what CPR does.

#2063 6 months ago

The level of mental gymnastics achieved here is legendary. If this was an Olympic sport they'd have to come up with a new medal to award this guy.

#2068 6 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

You can see the post if you sign out … but I’m not too sure it’s worth 1 minute of your time. If at first there was a doubt that the guy wanted to defend some ideas, now it’s becoming more and more suspicious that the guy is Mirco related (paid?) to defend the indefendable.

just open an incognito window and copy and paste the link.

#2100 6 months ago

Yes it's not cheap that's for sure but the money he makes its easy too update his tools put he doesn't and he thinks they are fine what he has which they are not ether they are older tools or just not set up right and he doesn't care

Quoted from cottonm4:

How do you know all of this?

Yeah, from what I understand, Mirco has pretty cutting edge machinery that he just invested a lot of money into in the past couple years

3 months later
#2347 72 days ago

Where's [removed] MiniPinHead at to tell HEP that he's wrong about Mirco lol

#2351 72 days ago
Quoted from Jigs:

First run WOZ’s had terrible paint flaking issues. Jack sent out decals if I remember correctly.

Quoted from cottonm4:

All I can say is that my friend's Ruby Red WOZ looks like it was just unboxed. And it gets play action. I cannot speak for any other WOZ pins.

Those were not made by Mirco. Bader made the first WOZ playfields that had issues. JJP burned their bridge with Bader after that which is a shame because once they ironed out that issue they are some of the best PF's out there.

#2411 66 days ago

Yes there is a hole lot too the wood it self as I know being a wood worker u can’t go cheap it doesn’t work at all

You can say "too" "hole" and all the other crazy spelling errors and I won't mind one bit if you use your signature word: "Grap"

You haven't said Grap in a long time. Theres not enough Grap in this thread about grappy playfields.

1 week later
#2528 59 days ago

It doesn't look nearly as bad in the video as it does in the pictures. Did you send Stern the pictures as well as the video? Don't get me wrong, it looks fairly bad in the video but I can also sort of see why Stern isn't quick to pony up on the video alone.

#2550 58 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Because my scratch-built WH2O with a Mirco playfield looks gorgeous (credit given to those who produced the parts purchased, including the playfield, and corrected or re-cleared parts, including the playfield). The other option would have been to restore a beat up, blown out original WH2O playfield and it wouldn’t have come out as nice or even been possible. Maybe others have access to nicer, original playfields, but haven’t seen a nice original WH2O playfield for sale since entering the hobby.
Again, just saying it appears I’m playing devil’s advocate, but only because my end result was mostly positive. Obviously, others have been less fortunate.
Full disclosure, my Mirco WH2O playfield had sunk inserts, chipped clear, wood burrs, an incorrect color, a missing through hole, and was warped. HEP didn’t stamp my playfield, but did fix my issues. If it wasn’t for HEP’s expert restoring and re-clearing skills, the end result wouldn’t have been positive.
I’d love to say my playfield is a HEP, but alas, no stamp, haha
If it wasn’t for HEP, wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.
Would love to see more options for playfields, because competition helps the customer
[quoted image]
It’s up to you if this is playing devil’s advocate or just me sharing my experience, which required HEP to make positive.
My perspective is any new playfield is going to require re-clearing.

Am I reading this right? The playfield has a ton of issues that HEP fixed for you, yet somehow Mirco gets the credit for the playfield being gorgeous? Hep could make that STh playfield look gorgeous too. Would that get Stern off the hook? What the hell is this logic?

I don't know if Mirco does the steps in the same order for his repro PF's as his JJP PF's (like cutting them after clear is applied) but otherwise they should be the same process. Direct printed, clearcoated, whether its repo or JJP. The JJP playfields should have art removed around the posts, that seems to have been one of the big solves for the pooling/chipping problem at the posts. Repro playfields won't have that in most cases.

#2592 56 days ago

I was also wondering about the class of 1812 playfields. Damn it Mirco

#2594 56 days ago

Mirco send me one for testing if you are so confident in your product and I will give it a 100% fair and objective review lol

#2658 50 days ago

Just shows how many people in the world don’t care as much in this guys crap

Holy grap! You said "crap" and not "grap". What is going on here?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers?tu=Haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.