20240123_181422 (resized).jpg
pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
29C90993-1AAC-4BA1-854A-39A5534ABB5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3C6F3380-0F77-4A53-9294-0272FCE6B6F0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
11E2D4EF-C4AB-4513-8B34-A5F6D729D5EE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7BC227A1-49E7-450B-BCE9-043699CF8C10_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
04D2E8FD-562E-4E3F-B017-D94A2F2A34A0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 54.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

He's giving a 9AM presentation at Expo this year...that would be a good time to ask him in person.

So Mirco (translation n English means Poor Quality) is traveling form the Fatherland to give a presentation at 9am ...... some advise.... save the money on airfare and hotel and put it into online course in customer service! NO ONE will be there at 9am on a Saturday!

I almost wonder if JJP is advising Mr. PQ that he really should go to try and do damage control (if so ... too late)

#252 2 years ago

Here.
is a photo of a PF from one of my clients, find the mistake.
obviously, the PF has been replaced.
as a professional i can't understand the business sense of mirco.
there are complaints with us that are reported on facebook with copies of SMS, mirco openly laughs and responds that all faults or problems are normal or the fault of the customer.
it's downright unreal
MM.jpegMM.jpeg

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Here.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"cefb0d09635f6ce30c3e71ab4d3028ad3dfcd37f-1630650808-1800"};
//]]>

there are complaints with us that are reported on facebook with copies of SMS, mirco openly laughs and responds that all faults or problems are normal or the fault of the customer.
it's downright unreal
[quoted image]

That hole is an extra outlane to make the game harder

Baffling how it could pass quality control.

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from F-2NIRO:

Here.
it's downright unreal
[quoted image]

The gobble hole makes a come back! How this was ever shipped to a customer is baffling.

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Man!!! What I would to do meet this clown face to face.......

You wouldn't, he's like a politician - always defensive, never gives a straight answer, always someone else's fault and zero chance of admitting any liability.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

You wouldn't, he's like a politician - always defensive, never gives a straight answer, always someone else's fault and zero chance of admitting any liability.

My experience exactly. Just flat out refused to acknowledge any fault at his end. Was beyond frustrating.

Would simply never put another dollar in his pocket and am happy to go out of my way to warn others. Just a dirty shark.

#257 2 years ago

I’d like to see him booed off stage as soon as he starts the excuses.

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

That hole is an extra outlane to make the game harder
Baffling how it could pass quality control.

There is no quality control at any stage:
-No control of artwork before mass production
-No real quality control after production

I am sure he believes that digital print and clearcoat by robot means error proof production. It's clearly not.

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

There is no quality control at any stage:
-No control of artwork before mass production
-No real quality control after production
I am sure he believes that digital print and clearcoat by robot means error proof production. It's clearly not.

Which would probably be true if they had someone competent controlling the robots. These look more like user errors over robot errors.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Which would probably be true if they had someone competent controlling the robots. These look more like user errors over robot errors.

As devil's advocate, I can see that MMR playfield with the 'inlane gobble hole' a potential error in one of the cutting arms, over inexperience/user error. But everything else I've seen, including the 9-ball playfield vectorization, is either incompetence or very rushed ("get it out, noone will notice!") work. Same with CPR in a lot of cases (read: Meteor playfield and the vectorization, missing text, etc.)

1 week later
#261 2 years ago

Add my name to the list of potential buyers who have changed their mind thanks to this thread. I was planning on placing my order for a Gorgar playfield this morning but decided to ping a few people who I noticed had expressed interest in purchasing them and do a search for Mirco, as I was unfamiliar with them.

#262 2 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:I’d like to see him booed off stage as soon as he starts the excuses.

Here's the best non-confrontational thing to...

When he gets on the stage everyone start doing the 'slow clap' and don't stop until he walks off.
No laughter or shouts, just the slow clap.

"Noun
slow clap (plural slow claps)

A form of clapping in which audience members clap slowly, with long intervals between claps, as a form of heckling and to show that they disapprove of a performer, speaker, etc."

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Here's the best non-confrontational thing to...
When he gets on the stage everyone start doing the 'slow clap' and don't stop until he walks off.
No laughter or shouts, just the slow clap.
"Noun
slow clap (plural slow claps)
A form of clapping in which audience members clap slowly, with long intervals between claps, as a form of heckling and to show that they disapprove of a performer, speaker, etc."

Never heard of that but sound like it would do the trick too.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

How it's possible? No minimum warranty defined in US?

Because the US government doesnt give a shit about you.

#265 2 years ago

He backed out .What a shame was going to try for a autograph .

04CAD23E-3601-4E44-877F-C3B1EA878562 (resized).png04CAD23E-3601-4E44-877F-C3B1EA878562 (resized).png
#266 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

He backed out .What a shame was going to try for a autograph .
[quoted image]

did he back out or did he have to cancel? I know the EU has restrictions on flying to the US.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I know the EU has restrictions on flying to the US

Actually the US has restrictions on letting EU citizens in. No wonder: The US is a much higher risk category on all values. Thanks for protecting us.

Business flights are not affected however, so it would have had to be Mirco refusing (very politely, I'm sure), which is completely in line with his general attitude. Mirco first, everyone else second. Or third. Or whatever.

#268 2 years ago

He knows he was gonna get just hammered so I’m sure he backed out.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

He knows he was gonna get just hammered so I’m sure he backed out.

I thought the same originally but knowing Pinside NO ONE would have the courage to say anything in person.

All Mirco has to say is “I am making (an in demand) playfield” and everyone will praise him.

#270 2 years ago

Surely the original screens for the hot WPC titles weren't destroyed? Where are they? Why can't we get more proper silkscreened playfields like Buthamburg/Peter makes? Did CPR have the original screens for their TAF repros? I know it's easier to digitally print them but I think there is a big market for new silkscreened quality WPC playfields.

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I thought the same originally but knowing Pinside NO ONE would have the courage to say anything in person

It’d be like the confrontation w Kevin Kulek regarding Predator which ended up being a pinsider following him around at an auction and getting a picture of his back.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

It’d be like the confrontation w Kevin Kulek regarding Predator which ended up being a pinsider following him around at an auction and getting a picture of his back.

Maybe someone here can beat him with a keyboard around his head and shoulders?

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

Surely the original screens for the hot WPC titles weren't destroyed?

The screens were likely destroyed during the course of normal factory use.

The *films* used to create the screens--some of those still exist.

Quoted from amxfc3s:

Did CPR have the original screens for their TAF repros?

Yes, they posted on Pinside about it, as well as listed that fact on their website.

#274 2 years ago

New MFGs should offer some LTD versions of their tables screened. I’d pay a premium for that

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

did he back out or did he have to cancel? I know the EU has restrictions on flying to the US.

Maybe the the US has restrictions on letting crooks in?

#276 2 years ago

We don't call them crooks here, we call them politicians!

Can't call Mirco a crook. Guy makes a product and sells it to willingly buyers .... just the product is of poor quality!

#277 2 years ago

When you buy a product you don’t willingly buy it to fail. And in Mircos case, I don’t think the people were aware of the shitty quality prior to buying. On the other hand, Steffen is aware (whether he’s willing to admit it) he’s turning out a shitty product and that’s a crook

#278 2 years ago

I have done two playfield swaps with Mirco fields. First was a Marilyn Taxi, no problems what so ever, eventual buyer loved how it played and looked. 2nd was a Fish Tales. So far so good, Mirco has expanded the pre-drilled holes slightly based on feedback and the dimples for other things are nice and large which makes screwing into the wood easy. Ironically the WMS field I am replacing had pooling all along the left side of the boat ramp into the pop bumper nest. So that isn't a novel issue either. I'm thankful we have the parts. Are they perfect - nope. But way better than blown out games any day of the week.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Ironically the WMS field I am replacing had pooling all along the left side of the boat ramp into the pop bumper nest.

Hmmmm... I'd like to see that as I've never had anything resembling pooling on any of the Williams/Bally games I've owned or worked on over the years, and that's been a lot of them.

#280 2 years ago

Only because the government doesn’t like competition

#281 2 years ago

Hi
Please can someone let me know the best way to contact micro?, iv ordered a Dracula playfield a few weeks ago, and would like to know when iam getting it.
Finding it very difficult to find any contact information.
Thankyou

#282 2 years ago

The contact information is provided at mircoplayfields.com. Click „legal notice“ at the bottom bar.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi
Please can someone let me know the best way to contact micro?, iv ordered a Dracula playfield a few weeks ago, and would like to know when iam getting it.

Find a retailer, who sells his stuff. I can tell you one in Germany, who is super reliable. Then cancel with mirco directly and buy through the retailer. You will have more pressure on Mirco and he gets less margin. Win Win. Contact me via PN if interested. Whatever you do directly, he won't give a sheet.

And if you do cancel, tell him how you got the idea

#284 2 years ago

Just wanted to say I was reluctant to order with this forum, but didn't find better alternative in canada.
I ordered directly from mirco by contacting him on facebook and recived quickly my indie playfields, holes perfectly aligned, very good polish on the clearcoat (I still clearcoated over it as recommended by a lot of people to be safe...)
I didn't have to deal with customer service since I was satisfied with my order. Maybe I was just lucky !

#285 2 years ago

The fact you had to clearcoat over a brand new Playfield doesn’t sound like a great experience to me. Isn’t CPR in Canada?

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

The fact you had to clearcoat over a brand new Playfield doesn’t sound like a great experience to me. Isn’t CPR in Canada?

I had to re-clear my brand new Mirco playfield, it was soft 6+ months after production. Micro believed that was perfectly acceptable

#287 2 years ago

So is it agreed that CPR is far superior? I recently bought CPR’s last WW and then read a couple horror stories about a previous run. I am yet to do anything with it but was very discouraged by what I read.

I don’t need these to be flawless. But it’s disappointing on all accounts that there seem to be so many issues with repro companies out there. Hoping I got lucky with my purchase.

#288 2 years ago

They both have issues. The German fellas seem to have theirs worked out though.

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

The German fellas seem to have theirs worked out though.

yeah the German fella does until the next JJP release. Not to mention the other titles he's reproducing and people are complaining about.

#290 2 years ago

CPR doesn't do IJ playfields.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

yeah the German fella does until the next JJP release. Not to mention the other titles he's reproducing and people are complaining about.

No I’m talking about Buthamburg guys.

https://www.buthamburg.de/en/playfields

Ron kruzman can give an accurate assessment. He has seen all of them. Good and bad.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

I didn't have to deal with customer service since I was satisfied with my order. Maybe I was just lucky !

Did the gap issue on the insert get fixed ... where the girl looks like she's is missing a tooth?

1 week later
#293 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Did the gap issue on the insert get fixed ... where the girl looks like she's is missing a tooth?

Willie looks like a vampire on Mirco's. There's also some priority issues on the colors for some of the lettering on one or more of the other characters (I don't remember which).

Willie-Comparison (resized).jpgWillie-Comparison (resized).jpg
#294 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Willie looks like a vampire on Mirco's. There's also some priority issues on the colors for some of the lettering on one or more of the other characters (I don't remember which).

Look pretty bad .... and quite the difference between the two !
looks like one of those can you spot the difference puzzle books

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Mirco has already reached out with a fix for that

1228DACA-2BB5-4847-BCA7-50084E750495 (resized).png1228DACA-2BB5-4847-BCA7-50084E750495 (resized).png
#296 2 years ago

Mirco has already reached out with a fix for that

Lol ...
Great idea for a Bond pin ...

#297 2 years ago

All they need is a magnet catch under the grill

9AD43222-03C7-4E28-9197-318946EA3436 (resized).jpeg9AD43222-03C7-4E28-9197-318946EA3436 (resized).jpeg
#298 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

So is it agreed that CPR is far superior? I recently bought CPR’s last WW and then read a couple horror stories about a previous run. I am yet to do anything with it but was very discouraged by what I read.
I don’t need these to be flawless. But it’s disappointing on all accounts that there seem to be so many issues with repro companies out there. Hoping I got lucky with my purchase.

My only experience with CPR was a meteor playfield. It had a little less detail than the original, which was acceptable for me. The blue color was significantly different than the original too. But the real kick to the nuts is that there was text missing; the METEOR drop target values. Still, it was cheaper than buying NOS, so I got some waterslide decals from Coyote, and re-cleared it. I would be extra cautious before buying another one from them, but I would certainly consider it if I didn't have a better option. They have had good runs in the past, so I'm told. Meteor was just not one of them. Oh, they also kinda got the color of the backglass wrong. They apparantly accidentally coppied an uber rare version of the backglass that used a blue layer, instead of green.

3 weeks later
#299 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

I can fix this for 1 hr shop time, so 40 bucks, before I clear it.

#300 2 years ago

If you have never bought a repro pf before there is some info you should know. First off its really important to let it cure for a couple 4 months, so you can see what it is going to look like. Often they are printed on wood that is not cured yet. So some have serious wood grain that comes up. Others have the inserts move and and down, and if it is a lot it causes a jagged crack in the clear around it. If you complain you will hear that it is normal, and one person will often say "its better than the one you have in there now"
No matter how it looks when you install it, a production pf is going to look quite different after 100 and then 200 games. They have a production clear, which is plenty good enough for going on route, or if you are a good enough person. The way I look at it is, if I am going to invest a buttload of money and 100 hours I want it to be a gem. In my experience the surface of the stock repro pf starts to look like a golf ball surface.
So I have developed a finish that is more to stay flat and "not ball dimple" as its main job. I do hand block sand them to 3000 grit and then polish for 5-6 hours after the last coat. That way its as flat as glass. To me the important thing is not getting all pock marked. So Try to go to a show or over a local pinheads house that has installed a repro pf to see how you feel about the surface. If it is something you do not like, my service is an option. I spend a buttload of time sanding in between coats, so the finish installs as well as it can. With my clear I suggest to people to use the dremmil to remove a small area of the clear before drilling and screwing in to the pf. then you wont chip and crack the clear. I sell a kit with a dozen dremmil bits for just this. there are also bits to get the clear out of star roll overs (always test those before installing, often they are full of clear), and other tasks. Also a stone to clean the bits, a tool to measure, and a glue kit w applicators because its good to have. The kit is awesome on any clear coat, mine or a stock repro. They cost 95 shipped.

I also seal the back side of the pf with poly, and I can fix any issues like print problems, scratches, cracks around inserts what ever. So if you are someone who is a details person, you should contact me. Also if you dont like the way your pf looks after curing, I can make it right. In for a penny in for a pound. Here is a pf that someone brought in because the wood grain rose so much toy could use it for cleaning laundry. I was taking pics of a completed pf and the light was hitting it right to show off the surface. My point is you have options. Yes its a bummer that after you buy something you have to spend more to make it the way you want. The alternative is not swapping the pf I guess. If you are not buying a repro pf because of the clear or the teeth are red, that is all stuff that I do every day. Options are a good thing.
Also I see quite a few on this thread are customers of mine all ready. I have been doing this full time for over 13 years, and there are a buttload of people who dont know who I am or what I do, so I thought I would use this as an opportunity.
Thanks to everyone for their support thru the years

20211018_111159 (resized).jpg20211018_111159 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus
Toppers
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 2,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.