Pinside_forum_8083636_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5220 (resized).JPG
IMG_5218 (resized).JPG
IMG_5210 (resized).JPG
IMG_5206 (resized).JPG
IMG_5208 (resized).JPG
360_F_123876016_BPW7nVHYW1Sto9KZCpHXPMzr5pCm6TQ8.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,749 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 55.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

You can return poor playfields- EU goods
Act.. Wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if you got a lawyer involved.

I'm aware of this and also have legal insurance to press whatever. The point is that the PF is OK in the bottom part, which is the visible part and the really messy things are anyhow covered under the assys at the top. It's a shitty playfield, but it's OK where it matters. It's also better than NO playfield and Mirco is without alternative atm.
So I decided to stick with it, but it will not stop me from highlighting the issue to the global community, because bottom line I feel it is not right. If he came around with a serious attempt to make it right, I would appreciate it and also gladly post about it, but I doubt this will happen. Surely, this thread is loosing him a sale or two as long as it is up, and if no offer from his side is made I will be sure to keep it up.

After all, pinball is a luxury hobby, so I CAN afford it and this situation is far from existential to me. But bad conduct is bad conduct and needs to be adressed. First I did this in person and privately, and as a means of escalation now also in public.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

But bad conduct is bad conduct and needs to be adressed. First I did this in person and privately, and as a means of escalation now also in public.

Can I also ask that you CC your email correspondence to Rick at PPS the license holder for BW reproduction parts.

If he is made aware that there are a multitude of complaints about quality control from collectors on every continent then minimum standards might actually improve.

#53 3 years ago

The weird thing is the insert hole looks lined up in the first photo? but the other holes are not? How is that?

#54 3 years ago

Be good to see it with the back lit up so we can see how the inserts light up, you would have thought they would be out too.
Was thinking about buying a new playfield, not so sure now.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Be good to see it with the back lit up so we can see how the inserts light up

It is currently packed and I dont want to ruin my day by unpacking it right now. I am sure the inserts are misalinged but it doesn't show with all the print on it. Doesn't matter right now tho, as the holesspeak for themselves.

Quoted from pinsanity:

Rick at PPS the license holder

I'll gladly do that - on the PPS website I cannot find any direct contact information - would anyone be able to help out?

Also, I will collect a list of users who are willing to back my statements with examples of their own and file a collective complaint PPS? If you want to participate, please send me a PM containing description of issue, some evidence (emails as *.pdf or photos), your real name, email adress and a statement that I may forward your issue. I will be happy to do this.

#56 3 years ago

I don't have a picture on-hand, but one of his TZ Reproductions is missing text on the center door.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stop looking at it and get to getting your GC back. It’s embarrassing.

20200702_192548 (resized).jpg20200702_192548 (resized).jpg
#58 3 years ago

Hahaha Hahaha haha

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

[quoted image]

#60 3 years ago

Some doukhebag

1 month later
#61 3 years ago

Opened up a new Mirco playfield I got with an AFM I just bought...

Here are just a few of the inserts... clear is pretty crappy as well

111C8BC6-373B-4406-9D0B-8D0CB0E87807 (resized).jpeg111C8BC6-373B-4406-9D0B-8D0CB0E87807 (resized).jpeg2E0AF729-0598-45E0-9440-97E58130E273 (resized).jpeg2E0AF729-0598-45E0-9440-97E58130E273 (resized).jpeg37C72CF8-4001-43C5-911C-1A3C1E790636 (resized).jpeg37C72CF8-4001-43C5-911C-1A3C1E790636 (resized).jpeg95D3B603-E509-4838-A92C-CE209DD566A3 (resized).jpeg95D3B603-E509-4838-A92C-CE209DD566A3 (resized).jpegB073934D-2AB7-4944-8768-70B06EB9F901 (resized).jpegB073934D-2AB7-4944-8768-70B06EB9F901 (resized).jpegD2C113E3-278D-49DE-93F1-4650D7D33159 (resized).jpegD2C113E3-278D-49DE-93F1-4650D7D33159 (resized).jpeg
#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Opened up a new Mirco playfield I got with an AFM I just bought...
Here are just a few of the inserts... clear is pretty crappy as well
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did that make it out the door? It's like a reject that CGC wouldn't take for AFMr.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

How did that make it out the door? It's like a reject that CGC wouldn't take for AFMr.

It is around 4 yrs old, one of the first runs...

I have actually been on Messenger with Mirco... he says that the process has come a long way since the first run and will send pictures on Thursday/Friday

#64 3 years ago

Another poster teksavy had a similar problem recently with an early AFM repro and Mirco reached out and replaced it for him: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-causes-insert-clouding-afm-w-mirco-repro-playfield#post-5765101

Obviously this thread has had some other experiences, but definitely contact him with your photos and see if he'll stand behind this one as well.

#65 3 years ago

I have been considering replacing my TAF PF but after reading this thread I am going to pass.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I have been considering replacing my TAF PF but after reading this thread I am going to pass.

Pretty scary isn;t it?

#67 3 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I need a Barracora Playfield and don't want to pull the trigger unless I can inspect the playfield in person. This thread is keeping me from buying one.

#68 3 years ago

I have recieved different pictures and figured out that the one I got pictures from was a second which was sold as second with defects on a show. The customer told that this was not the case but I remember this exact playfield.

Very few afms had the issue on the inserts shown above, I replaced all of the ones I know about.

Regards,
Mirco

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pretty scary isn;t it?

A lot of money to be stuck with a POS PF.
Damn I sold an original TAFG PF after I sold this game, now I bought it back and I guess it isn't so bad compared to losing 1,000.00+

#70 3 years ago

I have been speaking to Mirco over messenger and offered to send him pictures of the playfield to prove that it was not a second bought from a show, and has the same issues as TechSavvy

Hopefully we can work something out

#71 3 years ago

I'd like to have back up playfields for all of my games. Just waiting for the QC issues to be sorted.

#72 3 years ago

I guess I can count myself lucky. The only time I had a screwed up playfield from Mirco was the Gottlieb Spirit main PF; the clear was rippled across the whole playfield. I sent him photos of the playfield, told him it was unacceptable, and a couple weeks later, he sent me a new, REALLY well silkscreened and clear coated playfield. The mini (or upper) playfield was mint, so didn't need to be replaced. I had boxed up the crappy playfield to send it back because Mirco said he would email me a return shipping label, but he never did, so it's laying under the bed, boxed up and ready to go. Anybody need a Spirit main playfield with good artwork and crappy clearcoat?
I've had worse luck with CPR and Mirco, but purchasing ANYTHING sight unseen will ALWAYS be a risk.

#73 3 years ago

I have a TAF playfield from them and it’s perfect.

#74 3 years ago

I have purchased several playfields from Mirco without issues. I just got an IJ and had a local guy fix it for me, he does a decent job, calls his stuff “High End” LOL. Mirco took care of me on a front door Radcal as well. I think the best way to handle a quality concern is to email him directly with pictures and he is always willing to help.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I have a TAF playfield from them and it’s perfect.

Me too.

#76 3 years ago

I had and have multiple issues with my MICRO AFM playfield. I sent them an email and was dismissed.

They said the surface I used to bang the tnuts in was too soft (cardboard with microfibers towels)

Get my money once...

#77 3 years ago

Well I guess since there are 2 TAF PFs that were perfect I pulled the trigger on one.
Will keep you all updated.

#78 3 years ago

I have bought FH (x3), Barracora, and QS.
All super nice.

#79 3 years ago

I purchased and installed a TOM with no issues, will be ordering FH soon...

#80 3 years ago

These threads are always a bit miss leading. You only hear about the handful of horror story’s but don’t hear about the other 1000 problem free sales.

#81 3 years ago

Wow, sorry for your bad experiences with this guy.

Looks like in 2020 you can complain all day long about playfield or pinball manufacturers and they still get away with it with prices completely more insane than ever and still they can laught at you right in your face.

While on the other hand put someone on Me Too and within a few minutes 5 police cars will come pick you up.

I don't want to make any bad jokes about Me Too but this is trending and taken very seriously while pinball issues.....nobody cares but us.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I purchased and installed a TOM with no issues, will be ordering FH soon...

I just did a funhouse from them. No issues and beautiful playfield!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I don't want to make any bad jokes about Me Too but

Too late!

#84 3 years ago

Yeah I realise that now.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it came out wrong.

Sorry guys.

#85 3 years ago

Wtf is Me Too, don’t think that’s hit the U.K. yet

#86 3 years ago

WOMEN'S MOVEMENT AGAINST SEXUAL HARRASSMENT. ODDLY NAMED POUND METOO.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:I have recieved different pictures and figured out that the one I got pictures from was a second which was sold as second with defects on a show. The customer told that this was not the case but I remember this exact playfield.
Very few afms had the issue on the inserts shown above, I replaced all of the ones I know about.
Regards,
Mirco

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

WOMEN'S MOVEMENT AGAINST SEXUAL HARRASSMENT. ODDLY NAMED POUND METOO.

Oh Jeez yeah that shite can stay in the states

1 week later
#89 3 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Well I guess since there are 2 TAF PFs that were perfect I pulled the trigger on one.
Will keep you all updated.

PF showed up today 12 days from ordering and it is a beauty.

TAFPF 001 (resized).JPGTAFPF 001 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 002 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 002 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 004 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 004 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 005 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 005 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 006 (resized).JPGTAFPF1 006 (resized).JPG
#90 3 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

PF showed up today 12 days from ordering and it is a beauty.

I'm happy for you. If it hadn't been a beauty, he wouldnt give a shit tho.

1 week later
#91 3 years ago

Update: Playfield is now populated, dimples were in their proper locations.

TAF5 005 (resized).JPGTAF5 005 (resized).JPG
#92 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Guys,
I have thought about whther or not to post this for a while, but I have come tothe conclusion that it is absolutely neccessary.
Recently purchased a reproduction PF from MircoPlayfields and have had the worst experience with it. The quality of the product iscomplete crap - print and holes are massively misalignedand. I am stuck with it.

Par for the course with that person. I won't ever do business with that guy.
That playfeild is horrid. My restored game looks about perfect; I don't know where they got the PF in my game - but whatever the case; it doesn't look anything like that.

1 week later
#93 3 years ago

My Bad Cats playfield arrived safe and sound last week and, I must say, is PERFECT (I almost wrote "purrrr-fect" but thought that was too cheesy).

I understand some of you have had less then desirable experience (or even horrible) on this expensive product, I however am very happy and really can't wait to populate this new PF and add Bad Cats to my home collection.

I feel for you guys and not sure what the difference is between your playfields and the one I received. On mine, every hole is cut centered, no clear coat issues at all. There's one small clear coat pimple but its under a plastic, so who cares. I'm happy.

Anyway, sorry some of you have hard times. I really wish there was store we could all visit and pick out the playfield of your choice. "Pick of the litter"... like buying a car or vegetables.

I'd buy another Micro Playfield in the future (I just don't ever want to do a playfield swap again)

If anyone is curious about shipping. My PF came in plastic and then in it's own box which was in another box. There was one "scar" on the outer box which did not penetrate the inner box. The size of the box and the lack of cushion (bubble wrap, etc) worried me but once opened I could see this wasn't their first playfield shipment and they new exactly what they were doing. Everything was SAFE and SOUND. Tracking on the shipment was excellent. The family was standing by to inspect the box upon arrival and refuse receipt if there was damage...

3 weeks later
#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I have been speaking to Mirco over messenger and offered to send him pictures of the playfield to prove that it was not a second bought from a show, and has the same issues as techsavvy
Hopefully we can work something out

Hi All

I would like to say that yesterday I received a replacement AFM playfield from Highclasspinball

It looks great. Nice clear coat, artwork colours and alignment spot on

Thanks Mirco for standing by your product and resolving my complaint.

I am in need of a MM playfield.. I know where to come when time is right.

Thanks again

#95 3 years ago

Strange... Anyone else "surprised" by all the positive feedback that is now appearing in this thread?

On one hand; I'm ecstatic there are satisified customers getting acceptable PFs...
On the other; I'm hopeful that readers of this thread are very suspect of the motivations of the manufacturer... I wouldn't be surprised if there were shenanigans being done behind the curtains to get these people to speak up about their positive experiences.

#96 3 years ago

Not surprised.

I believe you can have happy customers and disappointed customers at the same time -- since each person gets a different product.

-mof

#97 3 years ago

I just ordered TZ playfield, RADCALs, and plastics from Mirco. Everything was beautiful! It would have been nice to not have to tap each individual pilot hole to prevent the clearcoat from popping but I think that is fairly common. Nothing a Dremel can't do easily. Great products and quick communication. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from Mirco again.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I just ordered TZ playfield,

Does your TZ playfield have all the text on the center door? (Seriously. Wondering if he fixed that.)

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Does your TZ playfield have all the text on the center door? (Seriously. Wondering if he fixed that.)

Great, another playfield without text that I never noticed. Bought whenever they were first available and still haven't gotten around to swapping it in, so now I'll have to make a decision on the text....

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Great, another playfield without text that I never noticed. Bought whenever they were first available and still haven't gotten around to swapping it in, so now I'll have to make a decision on the text....

I was going to create a decal for it - like I did the Meteor - but I ended up having Chris/HEP redo my factory, so I never got around to it. I may be able to toss together a sheet of decals, but it would take some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

16,500 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Olive Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

There are 2,749 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/2?hl=pinballemporium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.