Pinside_forum_8083636_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5220 (resized).JPG
IMG_5218 (resized).JPG
IMG_5210 (resized).JPG
IMG_5206 (resized).JPG
IMG_5208 (resized).JPG
360_F_123876016_BPW7nVHYW1Sto9KZCpHXPMzr5pCm6TQ8.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 55.
#1101 1 year ago

So your basing this “anomaly” off of posts you see on pinside? I would agree a review section might shed more clear light on this as I know plenty of people who do not waste their time posting on Pinside.

Quoted from robin:

There's no secret here. Mirco runs a Pinside shop, and pays a commission over his sales. He gets no special treatment, and the mere fact that all these threads are allowed to exist (rather than being removed for monetary reasons) should be enough evidence that I'm always on the side of the Pinside community. I hope you realize this.
I have been asked numerous times why I allow Mirco to keep selling playfields via a Pinside shop, in light of the complaints and issues people have been posting about. The simple truth is this: the number of orders/sales Mirco gets via Pinside do not match the number of complaints I see on Pinside. Far from it. That tells me that the issues are still an anomaly and not the norm.
That's not to say there are no issues! There are plenty of documented cases here on Pinside (some posted by respected Pinsiders) that tell a different story. And especially in the customer service department, Mirco's reputation on Pinside isn't exactly immaculate.
It is my hope that by allowing constructive discussion, manufacturers can learn and improve their products and, maybe even more important, their customer service and QA. On the other hand, mob mentality can sometimes over-amplify rare issues which is also undesirable.
To level the playing field (pun intended) for manufacturers and Pinsiders alike, I have been considering adding the option for product reviews to Pinside Shops. It will help establish a sense of which products are good or, uhm, not so good. It will award good customer service. It will disclose bad business ethics. And by only allowing actual customers to post reviews, you can be sure the review is legit. The system could also show when people send stuff back or if they got a refund, i.e. full transparency.
In closing, and for no particular reason other than to look cool, I'll end with a great quote from Warren Buffet: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

#1102 1 year ago

I just received a STTNG playfield from Mirco. It's for a playfield swap I'm doing for a local op friend. This game is going to get beat up bad at this location. It's going to get a ton of plays.

Artwork looks amazing. Are there slight color differences from the original and slight registration issues? Sure, but no one is going to give a shit once this game is on location. Even if it was going in my collection, I wouldn't care.

I will say, there isn't much clear on it. Like, not much at all.

What I don't like at all is the fact that he CNC's all the holes for lamps, posts, scoops, etc. after printing and clearing. It's the last thing that gets done. This results in razor sharp edges. LOTS of them. I can only imagine what's going to happen when a ball hits the sharp edge of say a scoop hole.

What I've done is cut strips of sandpaper and sanded the edges of every sharp edged hole so it's more of a rounded edge. Now it's going to my buddy's body shop where he'll put 4 coats of clear on it, spraying in all 4 directions so all edges of holes gets sealed. It then gets sanded and buffed.

Then, John and I will cross our fingers.

To everyone saying quit buying and Mirco will change his ways, some like my buddy John have no choice. His original STTNG is beyond help.

#1103 1 year ago

Perhaps Mirco can learn a thing or two from these guys at B&T Automaten Vert. GmbH

https://www.facebook.com/buthamburg.de/

#1104 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Two days after the new playfield install on my black knight. Happening in numerous locations. [quoted image]

Man I’m sorry. That sucks.

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from robin:

And by only allowing actual customers to post reviews

Please make sure also customers who bought from him directly can review, i.e. by submitting the invoice to pinside to prove authenticity. I'll happily do that.

#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

What I don't like at all is the fact that he CNC's all the holes for lamps, posts, scoops, etc. after printing and clearing. It's the last thing that gets done. This results in razor sharp edges. LOTS of them. I can only imagine what's going to happen when a ball hits the sharp edge of say a scoop hole.

Is this maybe the reason why the artwork and clear pulls away from the posts ("pooling")? I have seen this suggested as a possible cause before. If the holes were cut out before the clear was sprayed, the clear would seal that edge and the interior of the hole, keeping it from pulling away. In this case, the clear ends at the edge of the wood and maybe has even been lifted by the cutting process?

#1107 1 year ago

Not everyone airs their dirty laundry here. As hard to believe as that may be. I fought this guy for over a year and ultimately the distributor I bought the playfield from ate the replacement cost. Lots of details I could go into. But, at the end of the day, Micro blamed me, the distributor, and the well respected pinball restorer for every fault. This guy was a nightmare to deal with and it doesn't surprise me he abandoned the TOTAN 2.0 project and left those poor owners in the dust. I'd burn my pinball in the street before I ever sent Mirco another penny for a new playfield.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Not everyone airs their dirty laundry here. As hard to believe as that may be. I fought this guy for over a year and ultimately the distributor I bought the playfield from ate the replacement cost. Lots of details I could go into. But, at the end of the day, Micro blamed me, the distributor, and the well respected pinball restorer for every fault. This guy was a nightmare to deal with and it doesn't surprise me he abandoned the TOTAN 2.0 project and left those poor owners in the dust. I'd burn my pinball in the street before I ever sent Mirco another penny for a new playfield.

I 2nd this, and that goes for any manufacturer using his products in their games. He left TPF early last year I believe.

#1109 1 year ago

“Breaking the edge" is a technique well known to painters. It puts a small bevel on the corner.

The reason for this is paint flow. The paint's thickness is reduced as it flows over and around the corner to the adjacent surface. The sharper the corner, the more pronounced this effect. The slightly rounded or beveled edge permits better flow and gives you a slightly thicker paint film, which will be more durable.

#1110 1 year ago

I disagree with Robin’s argumentation that it is only a very small amount of complaints.

Sure, in this thread maybe. But:
My POTC was pooling/chipping. There are hundreds of games with this problem.

Then GnR: same problem if not worse with pooling chipping.
I know 2 other GnR owners and they have this issue too. I’m not believing it is just a very few games.
GnR thread has plenty of complaints.
Maybe ask Pinmonk how many silicon sets he sells.
And this is only about the clearcoat issue.
I invite anyone to visit the TBL owners thread and you can see there tens of cases already reported there.
I can guarantee not every TBL owner is on pinside and/or reading that thread.

Now sure this is not the complete case but it does show there are many more issues than reported here if you look around or just look at his shop (only chipping/clear coat).

Then last, and most importantly : I could well live with a lot of things( imperfections, problems) if it weren’t for Mirco’s blunt and unrespectfuls treatment of customers and partners. He gets away with everything for the simple reason he is the only supplier, and he knows it. This will not be good for the community on the long run.
I hope he changes his behavior (and quality) in the future.

#1111 1 year ago

I disagree with Robin as well - likely nobody cares. He is a part of this problem with this hobby.

Quoted from Faust:

I disagree with Robin’s argumentation that it is only a very small amount of complaints.
Sure, in this thread maybe. But:
My POTC was pooling/chipping. There are hundreds of games with this problem.
Then GnR: same problem if not worse with pooling chipping.
I know 2 other GnR owners and they have this issue too. I’m not believing it is just a very few games.
GnR thread has plenty of complaints.
Maybe ask Pinmonk how many silicon sets he sells.
And this is only about the clearcoat issue.
I invite anyone to visit the TBL owners thread and you can see there tens of cases already reported there.
I can guarantee not every TBL owner is on pinside and/or reading that thread.
Now sure this is not the complete case but it does show there are many more issues than reported here if you look around or just look at his shop (only chipping/clear coat).
Then last, and most importantly : I could well live with a lot of things( imperfections, problems) if it weren’t for Mirco’s blunt and unrespectfuls treatment of customers and partners. He gets away with everything for the simple reason he is the only supplier, and he knows it. This will not be good for the community on the long run.
I hope he changes his behavior (and quality) in the future.

#1112 1 year ago

30 years ago, you were going to the store and buying Nintendo games with this seal on the box. Games were not cheap but validated and the quality of the game was hardly challenged by Nintendo. At the end, it was better for all the players: Nintendo market image, customer with good product and so on.

It would be great if PPS could really challenge Mirco with a better product and customer service and challenge him to not let him drop product without any support such as the Totan kit.

Also, I do agreed with the comment that pinside is far from the only place we talk pinball and Mirco, you can hear on angry customers and comment regarding the playfield on other places such as flipejuke, facebook groups, flippermarket and so on...

On my side, I have no pinball friends still ok to buy a Mirco playfield anymore. JJP might still be an exception since the pins are really apealing.

seal (resized).pngseal (resized).png
#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Just curious here, why not just write "crap"?

Hey. Language.

#1114 1 year ago

Yeah, there's no reason we should have to put up with that bad language grap...

#1115 1 year ago

Couldn't help myself...
Washers; the best modWashers; the best mod

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Couldn't help myself

Just as a general point…it seems to me that if a playfield is having problems with clear (or clear and print) separation, aren’t washers just a “finger in the dike” solution? Won’t the problem continue around the washers?

It’s really unfortunate that Mirco doesn’t communicate about their product better. I’ve don’t playfield swaps on Whitewater and Spirit, both of which seemed like a very fine product which outshone all of the various CPR swaps I’ve performed. (Very nice finish, perfectly located dimpling, even the shipping packaging was a higher calibre.) But knowing what I do now about the failures people have experienced, definitely makes me wary going forward.
I hope some good comes of the effort to hold him to account - or that Buthamburg can start producing a broad range of titles…

#1117 1 year ago

I really think there is a simple solution to clear coat issues -- LET IT CURE. I have a couple homebrews, including ELF that has 2500+ plays on it from 3 shows, and it looks like it was just cleared. I also uses a vinyl overlay over wood (under the clear) which makes it more prone to ripples. I let my playfield sit for 90 days before I started to bolt anything on it. Most modern automotive clear coats dry from the outside in, it takes time to harden the inside. LET IT CURE !!

#1118 1 year ago

I don't have anything Mirco, but had a question:

Was the product good when it was silkscreened?

#1119 1 year ago

Just interesting to note...here's someone who stands behind their products:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-a-playfield-hardtop

Someone has a game with an Outside Edge hardtop that was failing. Outside Edge had an issue with their glue on some hard tops. They went ahead and sent the owner a replacement, even though he was not the person who originally purchased the hard top.

That's a company that instills consumer confidence in their products.

Even though there was an issue with their product, they demonstrated that they will address it to a customer's (and second owner's) satisfaction. To me, that really speaks to the fact that they care about the quality of their products, their reputation, and customers.

#1120 1 year ago

For a new playfield, here's what I'm generally looking for:

Correct artwork, correct alignment, reasonable color choices.
No wood knots or weird/distracting wood patterns in visible areas.
Flat wood
Correct inserts (style, shape, color)
Correct holes & slots
Mostly correct dimples
Level inserts
Flat clearcoat that doesn't sink, break apart, flake off, chip off, or come apart under posts.
Good warranty support if there are problems.

I realize there are a lot of steps there and a lot of attention to detail needs to take place. It's a complicated product. But it's also the most important product in a pinball machine. So, I'm willing (and have) dropped some decent coin on several new playfields over the years.

However, when I hear about issues with multiple items on the list multiple times, that kind of turns me off from dropping $1k+ on a product and instead has me looking elsewhere.

Basically, my consumer confidence in that I would receive a quality product is low, and I feel any sort of guarantee or warranty claim being fulfilled is questionable and may happen (or not) on a whim. I don't want to feel like I'm rolling the dice or taking a pull on a slot machine and simply cross my fingers and hope that I get something usable. That's just my perception of the situation based on 20+ pages of comments and multiple threads over the years. So, I simply haven't been willing to take the gamble. I want to click the buy button and have little question as to whether or not a product will be up to snuff, and if anything serious goes wrong, that I can have it remedied without much fuss. I want to buy Mirco playfields, but it just seems like a risky purchase to me.

Then comparatively, you can see how another company (Outside Edge) handles product issues in the post above.

On a side note, since every playfield doesn't come out perfect, I like the idea of a grading system (like CPR had with their gold/silver/bronze gradings). It gave you a better idea of what you could expect and what issues that buyers might or might not be willing to tolerate.

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

For a new playfield, here's what I'm generally looking for:
Correct artwork, correct alignment, reasonable color choices.
No wood knots or weird/distracting wood patterns in visible areas.
Flat wood
Correct inserts (style, shape, color)
Correct holes & slots
Mostly correct dimples
Level inserts
Flat clearcoat that doesn't sink, break apart, or flake off.
Good warranty support if there are problems.
I realize there are a lot of steps there and a lot of attention to detail needs to take place. It's a complicated product. But it's also the most important product in a pinball machine. So, I'm willing (and have) dropped some decent coin on several new playfields over the years.
However, when I hear about issues with multiple items on the list multiple times, that kind of turns me off from dropping $1k+ on a product and instead has me looking elsewhere.
Basically, my consumer confidence in that I would receive a quality product is low, and I feel any sort of guarantee or warranty claim being fulfilled is questionable and may happen (or not) on a whim. I don't want to feel like I'm rolling the dice or taking a pull on a slot machine and simply cross my fingers and hope that I get something usable. That's just my perception of the situation based on 20+ pages of comments and multiple threads over the years. So, I simply haven't been willing to take the gamble. I want to click the buy button and have little question as to whether or not a product will be up to snuff, and if anything serious goes wrong, that I can have it remedied without much fuss. I want to buy Mirco playfields, but it just seems like a risky purchase to me.
Then comparatively, you can see how another company (Outside Edge) handles product issues in the post above.
On a side note, since every playfield doesn't come out perfect, I like the idea of a grading system (like CPR had with their gold/silver/bronze gradings). It gave you a better idea of what you could expect and what issues that buyers might or might not be willing to tolerate.

Really interesting read.
We can think that at 1000/1200 dollars a playfield which are mass produced by robot in a plant, there is a confortable margin so we could expect this is cover by a warranty.
Today the playfield is the key item in the pinball and it has to be perfect: this is sold to collectors who want to magnify their pinballs.

Remember when WMS, 30 years ago, were putting in the trash unused playfield such as Addams family and else. It means that, at the time it cost more to store them than to keep them, so it was not that expensive if it’s mass produced.

Today, everything shows that Mirco cares only to maximize margins everywhere. If its image is bad… so be it. He doesn’t care.

#1122 1 year ago

Several people have mentioned that the original playfields were not perfect, but are refering to NOS playfields that are still available. The majority of the NOS playfields still loafing around are the rejects that did not pass QA/QC from the original manufacturing runs. I would not consider this an equal comparison.

#1123 1 year ago

I think I have to chime in here again which I usually did not want. But if someone external would read these comments it sounds like we produce only crap and don't care. That is simply wrong.

Compared to the volume we produce the issues are really low. Please keep in mind here that we run approx. 20 times as many playfields per year or more than the other manufacturers do. This does of course result into more public issues, especially after being in business with playfields for more than 15 years.

Of course mostly pitchforkers are writing here as complains always cause more attention than other feedback.

Let's say you are right and we produce only crap, how can you explain that there is not a single playfield issue reported on TS?

Yes there are people writing about their experiences and issues. But the fact they don't write, most of the cases are years old. Not all, but most.

Of course I take popping up issues serious and adjust production as far as possible right away.

Does anybody here believe I have not changed anything in the past 15 years?!? Really?

There was a ton of quality control added to the process steps and also in process monitoring to make sure all boards are what they are supposed to be.

Yes, sometimes things slip trough quality control, especially as humans do the final inspection. But if so and there is really a big issue I ship out replacements right away. And even if it is not a qc issue but more cosmetic, you can always ship the part back and get a refund.

Good thing of this thread is that it does the opposite of what the pitchforkers want to reach here, it pushes sales instead of blocking them. Guess the reason is that people don't believe everything written online.

Best regards,

Mirco Steffen

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I think I have to chime in here again which I usually did not want. But if someone external would read these comments it sounds like we produce only crap and don't care. That is simply wrong.
Compared to the volume we produce the issues are really low. Please keep in mind here that we run approx. 20 times as many playfields per year or more than the other manufacturers do. This does of course result into more public issues, especially after being in business with playfields for more than 15 years.
Of course mostly pitchforkers are writing here as complains always cause more attention than other feedback.
Let's say you are right and we produce only crap, how can you explain that there is not a single playfield issue reported on TS?
Yes there are people writing about their experiences and issues. But the fact they don't write, most of the cases are years old. Not all, but most.
Of course I take popping up issues serious and adjust production as far as possible right away.
Does anybody here believe I have not changed anything in the past 15 years?!? Really?
There was a ton of quality control added to the process steps and also in process monitoring to make sure all boards are what they are supposed to be.
Yes, sometimes things slip trough quality control, especially as humans do the final inspection. But if so and there is really a big issue I ship out replacements right away. And even if it is not a qc issue but more cosmetic, you can always ship the part back and get a refund.
Good thing of this thread is that it does the opposite of what the pitchforkers want to reach here, it pushes sales instead of blocking them. Guess the reason is that people don't believe everything written online.
Best regards,
Mirco Steffen

JFC just stop talking already

#1125 1 year ago

the issues are really low

Low enough to have Jersey Jack change their warranty to not include playfields.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Low enough to have Jersey Jack change their warranty to not include playfields.

Pretty sure that GodFather has already reported issues here in various threads with the PFs.

Regardless; I think the point Highclasspinball isn't grasping is that you aren't making any friends with your attitude and general dismissive behavior. You hide behind all kinds of reasoning and "not my problem" behaviors.

A vast majority of us can read thru your bullsh1t and see that you are fundamentally not willing to "work with" a customer to resolve any would-be-problems. You claim ignorance. You claim someone else is at fault. You send minions in here to try and sway the crowd. You claim perfection.

The very name and branding you are claiming implies a quality and a customer support system that is so impressive that no one can claim better. "High Class" you aren't. Quality isn't in your DNA. You aren't the cats meow. FAR FROM IT

I know you aren't capable of self introspection ... We know you won't change your underlying nature or behavior. So; let's just agree that you shouldn't post here in this thread as your being disrespectful and dismissive of the real problems. But hopefully; you'll read this response ... decide to turn over a new leaf... and become the "high class" debutant you claim to be on paper.

#1127 1 year ago

I guess they don't teach in Germany that in Customer Service your customer doesn't care about everyone else - they care about how you will address THEIR issue.

The fact you make 20x playfields without issues doesn't matter to the customer who has a defective one in their hands.

The fact you made Toy Story without issue doesn't mean anything to a quicksilver buyer. That buyer may turn around and say "Great, make me a quicksilver playfield like you made the Tory Story PF then and ship it to me"

What matters most in customer service is not how often something happens - but how you act WHEN IT DOES happen.

Here you still keep deflecting and ignoring the actual interactions and products that were shit. You'll never learn.... because you're focused on all the wrong things.

#1128 1 year ago

Compared to the volume we produce the issues are really low.

"Low"? You have TEXT MISSING on your Twilight Zone playfield that - unless you just haven't updated your website - hasn't been fixed yet.

#1129 1 year ago

Of course it is updated. But you are right I have not updated the website...

#1130 1 year ago

Not a customer but Mirco would likely gain some points if he came clean with what he believes was the failures in the past. Robots going crazy at certain times during the production. Bad source of finish clear at times from bad product, expired or not stored properly, or maybe poor temperatures. He should figure out how to prep or manufacture playfields to not crack or chip the playfields. If it is such a low percentage of bad playfields, just send out free replacements! As for missing text, or poor art files maybe offer the customer credit towards future purchase. For playfields installed in games that were manufactured that he is the source of failure, over a free replacement.

People want to help out. I have never not told people how I did playfields for years with no known playfields having chipping, ink come off the playfields, or pooling. There are well known & not secret ways to manufacture playfields from a very tiny business, mid size, & full blown. Everyone has problems but you work through them for pinball playfields. I personally do not hold a grudge from being a Mirco target & the antics he came up with in the past.

#1131 1 year ago

Best regards,
Mirco Steffen

Toy Story... Not a single one?? Again.. not everyone runs to Pinside with problems. But, since YOU brought it up... This was within the first month. Again, things happen. But, man, you were absolutely miserable to deal with after you had my money (on a playfield I bought) when I had issues of art work chipping away after literally 20 plays.

50510 (resized).jpeg50510 (resized).jpeg50511 (resized).jpeg50511 (resized).jpeg50526 (resized).jpeg50526 (resized).jpeg

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Stern isn't using Mirco for Foo Fighters. This is just a common issue when using plastic inserts in wood. It's probably very difficult to get perfect, which is why is happens for more than one company.
[quoted image]

Don't let facts get in the way of the witch hunt

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Don't let facts get in the way of the witch hunt

Every manufacturer has issues from time to time with their playfields. I honestly don't know one that hasn't. It's how the manufacturer handles their customer service when problems arise. This guy goes on the defensive instantly and attacks. Yep, he attacks the customer he just collected a grand from and says good luck and it's YOUR fault it failed.

#1134 1 year ago

Hard to send the product back that becomes faulty after a ball starts rolling around. I’d like a Refund on my Funhouse playfield - I’ve already emailed you. How about taking care of the “small” percentage of issues in that fashion. You’ll get more praise and sales.

Your problem is that not only is your production complete SHIT but you and the way you support your customers is complete SHIT.

Product aside - I don’t want to do business with someone who treats their customers the way you do.. period.

Best regards,
Mirco Steffen

#1135 1 year ago

But it's in the files... which can't be altered.

#1136 1 year ago

This is the point everyone is trying to make summed up in this one statement.

The playfield was printed incorrectly, and you say it is corrected. However, you care so little about the product you couldn't even bother to update your website. When asked by a customer / potential customer, who can only go off the information you provide on the website, you are dismissive and give "of course" as an answer.

For those who received the TZ playfields with the missing text, which is a large error, did you reach out to all them directly to offer replacements or refunds? I am going to guess NO. That would have been the correct business decision, and not wait for customers to come to you.

#1137 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

This is the point everyone is trying to make summed up in this one statement.
The playfield was printed incorrectly, and you say it is corrected. However, you care so little about the product you couldn't even bother to update your website. When asked by a customer / potential customer, who can only go off the information you provide on the website, you are dismissive and give "of course" as an answer.
For those who received the TZ playfields with the missing text, which is a large error, did you reach out to all them directly to offer replacements or refunds? I am going to guess NO. That would have been the correct business decision, and not wait for customers to come to you.

don't worry, it's still there. He is not in a hurry to change his website.

He think and knows he has fixed the issue, when ? how many were produced, for how long? probably a significant amount of TZ playfieds were shipped that way because the picture is there for some time. Updating the website is way too much effort. He is not ready to lose margin for such tiny thing, who cares, it's only a 1000 dollars playfield, right ? nor taking care of customers versus losing margin.

He is too big to fail.

What a joke... lol

mirco (resized).pngmirco (resized).png
#1138 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

For those who received the TZ playfields with the missing text, which is a large error, did you reach out to all them directly to offer replacements or refunds? I am going to guess NO.

I don't know if I was the first to notice it, but I did get one of those playfields - I cannot return it, as it was for a trade for someone out in California doing a restore. He has the PF installed now, and this was over a year ago that I bought the field.. If it wasn't so long ago, I'd ping him for some kinda discount.

I haven't, because I know he'd just argue with me.

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I don't know if I was the first to notice it, but I did get one of those playfields - I cannot return it, as it was for a trade for someone out in California doing a restore. He has the PF installed now, and this was over a year ago that I bought the field.. If it wasn't so long ago, I'd ping him for some kinda discount.
I haven't, because I know he'd just argue with me.

No point is right he won't do anything anyways I think everyone just don't buy from him anymore he will lose in the long run

#1140 1 year ago

because its in unchangeable source files which cannot be edited.
Or he can't at least offer a water slide decal kit to resolve. or offer a discount for the obvious error.
But you know; because "owners fault"

#1141 1 year ago

Is Mirco using left over Data East Stealth coating
You don’t t see it…but you know it’s there
And you know it isn’t there….when your playfield starts getting all messed up
123922F2-97EC-4F17-99AF-B48441E040BD (resized).jpeg123922F2-97EC-4F17-99AF-B48441E040BD (resized).jpeg

#1142 1 year ago

Maybe this instead Highclasspinball

Great point, I need to update the website ASAP thanks for the heads up.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Maybe this instead Highclasspinball
Great point, I need to update the website ASAP thanks for the heads up.

No that’s professional and nice, we can’t have that now can we

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

30 years ago, you were going to the store and buying Nintendo games with this seal on the box. Games were not cheap but validated and the quality of the game was hardly challenged by Nintendo. At the end, it was better for all the players: Nintendo market image, customer with good product and so on.
It would be great if PPS could really challenge Mirco with a better product and customer service...[quoted image]

SOURCE: https://www.planetarypinball.com/williamsbally-license-information

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 12.06.37 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-23 at 12.06.37 AM (resized).png
#1145 1 year ago

"PPS often finds that projects it is working on or has planned is undermined by an unauthorized third party making an inferior, counterfeit product without approval."

"PPS has confirmed that many of these infringing products are grossly inferior to the real ones and some customers are paying hundreds of dollars for products that are simply not worth the money..."

Hmmmm?

Apparently authorized parties also make "grossly inferior" products "and some customers are paying hundreds of dollars for [licensed] products that are simply not worth the money."

Who is profiting? PPS

PPS Rights Overview.pdfPPS Rights Overview.pdf
#1146 1 year ago

SOURCE: https://www.planetarypinball.com/about-us

"...there needs to be a chain for quality and safety for the parts. Often there are infringing parts which are sub-standard and this hurts the overall pinball hobby. With PPS, all parts are run through the approval process to insure the best part is able to reach the market."

Last updated: 2010

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 1.14.13 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-23 at 1.14.13 AM (resized).png
#1147 1 year ago

#1148 1 year ago

Because you removed the artwork around the posts on TS4. A "fix" everyone else has known for quite some time. Why did you not do this on GNR? Will you start doing it on older games too? Will people be upset that it isn't just like the originals at that point? I'm not sure. Why does the art even need to be removed around posts to keep the issues from happening? Don't you think you should be working on that widely known problem?

#1149 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Because you removed the artwork around the posts on TS4. A "fix" everyone else has known for quite some time. Why did you not do this on GNR? Will you start doing it on older games too? Will people be upset that it isn't just like the originals at that point? I'm not sure. Why does the art even need to be removed around posts to keep the issues from happening? Don't you think you should be working on that widely known problem?

Mirco didn't remove the art, he does not do the art package. That is given to him by JJP. JJP put art there. Removing the art also isn't a fix, it's no different than turning up the radio and saying your muffler is fixed.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Mirco didn't remove the art, he does not do the art package. That is given to him by JJP. JJP put art there. Removing the art also isn't a fix, it's no different than turning up the radio and saying your muffler is fixed.

Good point. "It's in the files"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royersford, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 2,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/23?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.