IMG_5322 (resized).JPG
IMG_5321 (resized).JPG
Pinside_forum_7814217_11 (resized).jpg
IMG_7054 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8083636_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5220 (resized).JPG
IMG_5218 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 56.
#1051 1 year ago

I was very skeptical ordering a playfield actually bought the package with rad cals then thinking I'd get a poor quality playfield considering the price. I was actually please at the condition of the playfield very very minor mis alignment but will be covered when populated. Over I'm happy I've bought several rad cals from mirco and I love the quality of them

received_1386022185545740 (resized).jpegreceived_1386022185545740 (resized).jpegreceived_2434177640083742 (resized).jpegreceived_2434177640083742 (resized).jpegreceived_2507191436097546 (resized).jpegreceived_2507191436097546 (resized).jpeg
#1052 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see you back here after install and about a month of play

Quoted from jaime:

I was very skeptical ordering a playfield actually bought the package with rad cals then thinking I'd get a poor quality playfield considering the price. I was actually please at the condition of the playfield very very minor mis alignment but will be covered when populated. Over I'm happy I've bought several rad cals from mirco and I love the quality of them
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1053 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

He is being sarcastic. Mircos answer to someone who isn´t the original purchaser is usually “your opinion/experience of my product doesn´t count. If you are the original buyer, send me an email and I will tell you to go f*ck yourself.”

michael-scott-wink.gifmichael-scott-wink.gif

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from jaime:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just don't install the PF for a good year PF not dry at all

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Just don't install the PF for a good year PF not dry at all

Sigh...unfortunately, it has been demonstrated that curing time isn't the solution. Otherwise, that would be an easy fix and there wouldn't be 22+ pages and multiple threads on all the problems concerning the products from one manufacturer.

#1056 1 year ago

I think the year wait is mostly for inserts moving. Ron has mentioned that he likes to see what they do over a year. Sometimes they move.

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sigh...unfortunately, it has been demonstrated that curing time isn't the solution. Otherwise, that would be an easy fix and there wouldn't be 22+ pages and multiple threads on all the problems concerning the products from one manufacturer.

Yea ether way not good ,when u got my and seen it sold it right away don’t want that grap and will never buy from him again now I restore my old instead way way better and after you got something that will last 30 more years

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Exactly. Send the new playfield away and have it re cleared by a person that knows what they are doing.

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Exactly. Send the new playfield away and have it re cleared by a person that know what they are doing.

Yes way way better and fix your own that's in your game then u have something that will last

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

A two day old Godfather LE on location yesterday with a Mirco playfield that has raised inserts around the mosaic window that effect the ball path (gameplay).
i.e. not my game. but I did play the one pictured.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Fuck that, I'm out.
I had the GFCE on order too.
Knowing that the playfield issues are still there now, blows me away.
Suck it JJP

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Let’s not forget this as well from HEP:

Unbelievable.

Yeah that was bad.
I will say in Mircos defense that he has replaced playfields for me that I spotted issues with prior to install that would make them unusable for my purposes. He can be fair and reasonable but it’s hard to pin down what the criteria is at times.
He tends to have an eye or sense for what is acceptable or what isn’t of his own. It’s his product under his discretion so it’s not cut and dry.

Not sure about the history of the playfield in that video prior to but what you see there is what showed up and my gut reactions to it.
My videos capture my own challenges and thought process. I am not putting them out to shame anyone although what I run across might inadvertently do that it’s not really my intention.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Yeah that was bad.
I will say in Mircos defense that he has replaced playfields for me that I spotted issues with prior to install that would make them unusable for my purposes. He can be fair and reasonable but it’s hard to pin down what the criteria is at times.
He tends to have an eye or sense for what is acceptable or what isn’t of his own. It’s his product under his discretion so it’s not cut and dry.
Not sure about the history of the playfield in that video prior to but what you see there is what showed up and my gut reactions to it.
My videos capture my own challenges and thought process. I am not putting them out to shame anyone although what I run across might inadvertently do that it’s not really my intention.

I’m pretty sure not everybody can afford to send their games to you?

Cost prohibitive?

Tell me, what does it take to get a perfect play field ?

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cost prohibitive?

Ya don't buy the PF from Mirco

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cost prohibitive?

I really couldn’t tell you. I often get what I get and then have to decide how far off the mark it is and what I can do about it.
That goes for way more than just playfields.
If you look back at my input in the thread you can get a better sense of it.

#1065 1 year ago

just wondering whats his "donation" to pinside............just wondering

#1066 1 year ago

I really couldn’t tell you. I often get what I get and then have to decide how far off the mark it is and what I can do about it.
That goes for way more than just playfields.
If you look back at my input in the thread you can get a better sense of it.

Sense of what?

Micro PFs are terrible.

What would you do and how much does it cost for a perfect PF?

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sense of what?
Micro PFs are terrible.
What would you do and how much does it cost for a perfect PF?

That’s a tough one. I haven’t seen too many perfect playfields. It’s not a matter of dollars and cents its more luck than anything.
When I get playfields I often overlook a lot of things others might take issue with because I can take care of it.
When I can’t then I seek replacements. Not money or refunds that won’t fix my issues.
Sometimes I am successful other times not.
I know it’s not popular to say this right here but I will say I have had better luck in that department with Mirco than CPR if you want honest input and aren’t trolling. Not always but at least occasionally.
That’s true feedback from someone that has bought a lot of product with no agenda.

#1068 1 year ago

That’s a tough one. I haven’t seen too many perfect playfields. It’s not a matter of dollars and cents it more luck than anything.
When I get playfields I often overlook a lot of things others might take issue with because I can take care of it.
When I can’t then I seek replacements. Not money or refunds that won’t fix my issues.
I know it’s not popular to say this right here but I will say I have had better luck in that department with Mirco than CPR if you want honest input and aren’t trolling. Not always but at least occasionally.
That’s true feedback from someone that has bought a lot of product with no agenda.

Good to know. So Mirco PFs aren’t total shit after all ?

Somebody actually has to produce the PFs in the first place

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Fuck that, I'm out.
I had the GFCE on order too.
Knowing that the playfield issues are still there now, blows me away.
Suck it JJP

JJP deposits are supposed to be nonrefundable - how'd you manage that? Or is that only pinball star that makes them nonrefundable?

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

JJP deposits are supposed to be nonrefundable - how'd you manage that? Or is that only pinball star that makes them nonrefundable?

I only deal with Nitro Pinball, here in Canada.
He doesn't hold my deposits for any manufacturer.

#1071 1 year ago

Could he not give you the option to purchase playfields w/o his clearcoat ?

I don't know enough of what's involved, but it could possibly simplify what you and others have to go through before installation.

Yeah that was bad.

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

I don't know enough of what's involved, but it could possibly simplify what you and others have to go through before installation.

It’s not only the clear coat it’s the PF it self everything is off line with the holes and for the T nuts don’t fit in ,art is not line up lots of things just not worth a dollar

#1073 1 year ago

The clear is probably the smallest concern for me.
When I have real issues it is typically things like inserts(cloudy,cracked)wood quality(large knots on the exposed wood),hole locations(off center t nut through holes,missing holes,holes that should not be there,dimples that if followed create other problems),extremely warped playfields is another. I have CPRs at times that are missing shooter lane switch cut outs.
I see this issue with all playfields occasionally usually one issue at a time but have experienced all the above on single playfields at as well.
Extremely disappointing at $1000 per but truthfully even at $100 it still would not be useable.
This is why the cost is irrelevant.
I am expecting a useable new playfield that needs little to nothing beyond a light sanding and clearcoat to bridge the gaps of insert settlement.
What I state here is just what I run into dealing with these day in and day out.

#1074 1 year ago

Thanks for explaining that.

I always collect NOS parts for my pins, and especially for my 60's Camaros.

Aftermarket is typically good for wall hangers.

The clear is probably the smallest concern for me.
When I have real issues it is typically things like inserts(cloudy,cracked)wood quality(large knots on the exposed wood),hole locations(off center t nut through holes,missing holes,holes that should not be there,dimples that if followed create other problems),extremely warped playfields is another. I have CPRs at times that are missing shooter lane switch cut outs.
I see this issue with all playfields occasionally usually one issue at a time but have experienced all the above on single playfields at as well.
Extremely disappointing at $1000 per but truthfully even at $100 it still would not be useable.
This is why the cost is irrelevant.
I am expecting a useable new playfield that needs little to nothing beyond a light sanding and clearcoat to bridge the gaps of insert settlement.
What I state here is just what I run into dealing with these day in and day out.

#1075 1 year ago

Thanks for explaining that.
I always collect NOS parts for my pins, and especially for my 60's Camaros.
Aftermarket is typically good for wall hangers.

For the price they are not even good for wall hangers

#1076 1 year ago

That’s a tough one. I haven’t seen too many perfect playfields. It’s not a matter of dollars and cents its more luck than anything.

Could it be that he's been more reasonable and open with you because of your reputation and standing in the community, vs the average Joe customer buying his product and complain?

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Could it be that he's been more reasonable and open with you because of your reputation and standing in the community, vs the average Joe customer buying his product and complain?

Bing go

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I wish that would buy me some goodwill but it rarely has any effect.
I never try to leverage that I am not that kind of guy.
It’s never been beneficial mostly a burden honestly.
Far more ask things of you than offer you anything.
I have bought a lot of playfields and any observation or criticism is coming from a point of knowledge so I definitely don’t just take any old excuse or less than fair resolution without protest.

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

It’s not only the clear coat it’s the PF it self everything is off line with the holes and for the T nuts don’t fit in ,art is not line up lots of things just not worth a dollar

news flash the key lines and such were off on the old originals also.

#1080 1 year ago

So I got the typical response from Mirco. There are no problems. It’s in the films. Etc. he did offer me $100 off my next purchase. Blah. The only good thing that came out of it was Rick was copied on the whole conversation and pmed me about how dismissive he was, etc. So at least Rick now has a front row seat to see how his sole licensee for some products treats the customers.
Edit: I wasn’t going to quote him directly but this was too good upon review. It’s regarding my chipped clear and paint on my FIRST BALL on a Gorgar I swapped. TLDR: it’s my fault for not putting a cliffy on the scoop (cliffy didn’t make one until I emergency begged him to make one custom for me).

“As we already figured out before you did not put protectors in the holes prior to use which can result into chipping and with Bad luck into bigger chips. I have had the same situation myself when I started working on pinball. I bought a nos Monster bash playfield in 2003 and after I installed it and had the first shot into the mosh pit hole, a large Chip of paint flaked off. I took the board out of the game, touched the area up and put it back in. It is what it is but this is nothing new or only happening with our playfields. “

#1081 1 year ago

"in the files" lol
So; yeah... um... you don't own Photoshop or some other vector editor and can't fix it for future people.

Is anyone really surprised by this? Did you really hope that Rick would actually add any value.
By value; I mean remove Mirco as a licensed provider? Nope, didn't think so.

Rick; there are documented cases here after your olive branch post lawsuit discussion. This is why we don't trust you or Mirco to actually take action.
Please prove me wrong.

#1082 1 year ago

Fixing anything is it’s own can of worms as I said before. Denying everything is a much safer course of action…

#1083 1 year ago

Initially I had high hopes when both mirco and PPS responded here but now it seems we are just back to shitty, non-helping comments from Mirco (it's always our fault, not his) and nothing will change.

Makes me a sad panda

#1084 1 year ago

No new crappy products to try and pawn off on us at TPF this year, he brought the TOTAN kit and it didnt work right at the show, never heard about it again after that! Maybe they can give him a twipy for single most hated person at a pinball show, other than j pop at chicago.

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Initially I had high hopes when both mirco and PPS responded here but now it seems we are just back to shitty, non-helping comments from Mirco (it's always our fault, not his) and nothing will change.
Makes me a sad panda

We all need too don't buy anymore grap from him

#1086 1 year ago

Just curious here, why not just write "crap"?

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

No new crappy products to try and pawn off on us at TPF this year, he brought the TOTAN kit and it didnt work right at the show, never heard about it again after that! Maybe they can give him a twipy for single most hated person at a pinball show, other than j pop at chicago.

For what it's worth... all the dev has been done on a P-ROC board but was migrated to a FAST board shortly before the show. An issue we had, at the time, with the FAST board was that it was heating the coils very quick . This was a common issue with other (same kind of) projects, it has been fixed since then but the FAST team with their firmware. The TOTAN at the show was unplayable from what I've heard and was turned off.

To be fair, I can do things with FAST board I couldn't with the P-ROC, for instance with GI, my project can still handle the 2 and I switch the 2 times to time. I might be the only one in this case... lol
I never noticed significant issue other than this heating thing since then.

I don't have a kit at home and never had. I'm doing all my code and tests in my home environment with my own hardware.
I have my own feedback and burdens. I prefer staying positive and moving into the right direction with new projects, that's all I can say.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

A two day old Godfather LE on location yesterday with a Mirco playfield that has raised inserts around the mosaic window that effect the ball path (gameplay).
i.e. not my game. but I did play the one pictured.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Stern isn't using Mirco for Foo Fighters. This is just a common issue when using plastic inserts in wood. It's probably very difficult to get perfect, which is why is happens for more than one company.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#1089 1 year ago

Serious question - have you ever bought and installed a micro product?

Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Unleveled inserts

Is Foo Fighters using Mirco also? No. This is just a common issue when using plastic inserts in wood. It's probably very difficult to get perfect, which is why is happens for more than one company.
[quoted image]

#1090 1 year ago

Yeah. The pooling and chipped paint was a problem, I don't know if it has been fixed?? I saw this post about Godfather and it looked like a different issue trying to be blamed specifically on Mirco.

#1091 1 year ago

With no agenda, I have had dozens and dozens of WPC and newer NOS Playfields in my hands at one point or another. Prototypes, Production, Sample, Diamond Plate, LS Topcoat or whatever you can label everything. I've seen playfields from nearly all the restorers out there. At no point have I ever come across a perfect playfield. There is always something you can find if you want, depending on how anal retentive you want to be that day.

That being said, there are some things that can be tolerated and obviously some things that are not, but I do feel that whether it's IPB, Mirco, CPR or whoever, there is no exact science that will produce a perfect playfield every time.

As was mentioned by Chris H. earlier, there is quite a bit of luck sometimes involved to get the very best playfield you possibly can. I have installed Mirco playfields for what I guess has been over 15 + years and if I've had an issue, I've approached him in a way that would find a resolution and be fair. I'm appreciative that someone is investing tons of money and resources into producing fields for all these blown out games and through these efforts, games are getting rebuilt to new condition after nearly 30 - 50 years out of production.

I do feel that the situation has not become easier with companies gouging hobbyists for 'Collector Edition' games at outrageous prices, yet, they don't want to listen to 'Collector Level' demands. If I pay 15 K for a new game, I damn well better have a perfect playfield. At 8-9 K, my anal retentiveness is dialed down a bit.

For what it's worth, If I was a playfield manufacturer or pinball manufacturer, I would simply upcharge for the perfect playfields that do seem to luckily present themselves and then the rest of the playfields in the world that have issues are just at the regular price. If there none out there, then people know they are getting fields that are 2nd rate.

I remember everyone back in the day buying the IPB seconds and thirds, they were happy to get a replacement field, knew it had issues and thankful to fix their game. They were advertised that way and really were not that much cheaper than the perfect ones. Once the 'firsts' were gone, they were gone. Everyone knew what to expect with what was still left to be purchased.

Problem I see is, people pay $800-1000 and all of them want a perfect new playfield and that just is not realistic. Too much random luck involved. I'm sure if these guys want to produce "magnifying glass level perfect fields", the cost would be astronomical and then most hobbyists wouldn't be able to afford replacement playfields. Then nobody is fixing their blown out games and companies are not producing fields.

Not sure if any of this helps, but just my thoughts.

#1092 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

With no agenda, I have had dozens and dozens of WPC and newer NOS Playfields in my hands at one point or another. Prototypes, Production, Sample, Diamond Plate, LS Topcoat or whatever you can label everything. I've seen playfields from nearly all the restorers out there. At no point have I ever come across a perfect playfield. There is always something you can find if you want, depending on how anal retentive you want to be that day.
That being said, there are some things that can be tolerated and obviously some things that are not, but I do feel that whether it's IPB, Mirco, CPR or whoever, there is no exact science that will produce a perfect playfield every time.
As was mentioned by Chris H. earlier, there is quite a bit of luck sometimes involved to get the very best playfield you possibly can. I have installed Mirco playfields for what I guess has been over 15 + years and if I've had an issue, I've approached him in a way that would find a resolution and be fair. I'm appreciative that someone is investing tons of money and resources into producing fields for all these blown out games and through these efforts, games are getting rebuilt to new condition after nearly 30 - 50 years out of production.
I do feel that the situation has not become easier with companies gouging hobbyists for 'Collector Edition' games at outrageous prices, yet, they don't want to listen to 'Collector Level' demands. If I pay 15 K for a new game, I damn well better have a perfect playfield. At 8-9 K, my anal retentiveness is dialed down a bit.
For what it's worth, If I was a playfield manufacturer or pinball manufacturer, I would simply upcharge for the perfect playfields that do seem to luckily present themselves and then the rest of the playfields in the world that have issues are just at the regular price. If there none out there, then people know they are getting fields that are 2nd rate.
I remember everyone back in the day buying the IPB seconds and thirds, they were happy to get a replacement field, knew it had issues and thankful to fix their game. They were advertised that way and really were not that much cheaper than the perfect ones. Once the 'firsts' were gone, they were gone. Everyone knew what to expect with what was still left to be purchased.
Problem I see is, people pay $800-1000 and all of them want a perfect new playfield and that just is not realistic. Too much random luck involved. I'm sure if these guys want to produce "magnifying glass level perfect fields", the cost would be astronomical and then most hobbyists wouldn't be able to afford replacement playfields. Then nobody is fixing their blown out games and companies are not producing fields.

I think you've pretty much nailed it. Is Mirco perfect? No, but neither was the OEM. Misaligned artwork, dimples, holes, T-nut concentricity, etc. is often tough to pin down on incompetency, OEM & sample variation, or expectations. Mirco was completely clear with me about what I submitted as a sample and what would and would not be returned. Was I 100% happy with what I got back? No, it took hours of coil tuning and plastics manipulation to make the PF work mechanically. Did the new PF look 10x better than the original, absolutely! That said, the horseshit clear coat should not be accepted by anyone. Nor would I recommend anyone buy a Mirco PF until he gets his process and materials straightened out. Maybe he has, idk. No doubt that is a tall order, I'm sure JJP has more stringent requirements than me the Joe Blow basement restorer. That new playfield looked damn good, for a while. Eventually it looks like shit and those dozens of hours you've spent restoring a game go down the crapper. Fine for some, not for others. I hope Mirco gets it figured out, everything but the clear can be dealt with until that skin starts pealing.

#1093 1 year ago

I wish that would buy me some goodwill but it rarely has any effect.
I never try to leverage that I am not that kind of guy.
It’s never been beneficial mostly a burden honestly.
Far more ask things of you than offer you anything.
I have bought a lot of playfields and any observation or criticism is coming from a point of knowledge so I definitely don’t just take any old excuse or less than fair resolution without protest.

I'm sure you're not doing it on purpose, but the fact remains that I have seldom heard of customers getting satisfactory support from Mirco on what would be otherwise called "defective products". This thread is full of people posting his response. So there's no deniying that if you managed to get some support from him, it's likely because he's considering you as "someone to care for"

Quoted from Gman3:

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree.

There is a difference between "small tolerable defect", "perfect", and "defective". Are we asking for Mirco to provide "perfect" playfield, I'm sure none of us are. However, we expect them to provide playfields which cannot be considered as "defective".

By defective I mean:
- Material that is not durable over time
- Obviously incorrect artwork (lettering, colors, etc). He has the files, he can fix them. And his excuse "it's in the files provided to me" is kind of silly... If it was there in the original production of the machine, then... this means the file he's got are incorrect and he needs to fix them.
- Holes position that prevent usage of the playfield

Fortunately, 3/ above does not seem too frequent (although, I did have an example of a MM playfield with a massive hole where there should not be one... and to be fair, he did provide a replacement as far as I know)

But 1/ and 2/ are all too frequent.

Missing text on the TZ playfield: would you consider this as acceptable ? If it were coming straight from a manufacturer, when buying a machine, would you accept this ?

Willie's vampire teeth on indiana Jones (on top of that in an area which is very visible by the player), again, easy to fix, just need to spend the time doing it (although looking at the post earlier it seems he might actually have fixed it ?).

All the more since the feedback has been made to him on multiple occasions, and he's simply dismissed it.

Color reproduction was perfect on his first runs (I happen to have a picture of a first run MM Mirco playfield), but has major issues since he changed his production process, probably because he did not bother recalibrating it (take a look at the paved road at the bottom on MM). To be fair, CGC remake are not good either in that department, but they perfectly align (again, I have access to a CGC NOS playfield, you can clearly see the quality of the alignement vs Mirco)

And lastly: material not durable. I would guess this is the number one complaint. Buying a 1200 euro playfield, going through the pain of swapping it, only to find out that the clearcoat cracks/peels after a few weeks/months is not acceptable.

Buthamburg has stellar quality compared to Mirco, AND they are cheaper. If only they had more capacity (and hopefully they will after moving to their new facility), and resource to offer more models, we would not have this conversation because everyone would buy from them with no second thought.

If PPS was enforcing some level of quality control in his licencing contract (to avoid brand reputation damage for ex), then it would force everyone to at least pay attention. For that matter, "licensed" now holds no meaning to me whatsoever. There has been examples in various groups of licensed product having subpar quality compared to non licensed products (not all, I won't go as far, I'm just stating that "licenced" does not mean "quality").

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from vinnypeppers:

just wondering whats his "donation" to pinside............just wondering

There's no secret here. Mirco runs a Pinside shop, and pays a commission over his sales. He gets no special treatment, and the mere fact that all these threads are allowed to exist (rather than being removed for monetary reasons) should be enough evidence that I'm always on the side of the Pinside community. I hope you realize this.

I have been asked numerous times why I allow Mirco to keep selling playfields via a Pinside shop, in light of the complaints and issues people have been posting about. The simple truth is this: the number of orders/sales Mirco gets via Pinside do not match the number of complaints I see on Pinside. Far from it. That tells me that the issues are still an anomaly and not the norm.

That's not to say there are no issues! There are plenty of documented cases here on Pinside (some posted by respected Pinsiders) that tell a different story. And especially in the customer service department, Mirco's reputation on Pinside isn't exactly immaculate.

It is my hope that by allowing constructive discussion, manufacturers can learn and improve their products and, maybe even more important, their customer service and QA. On the other hand, mob mentality can sometimes over-amplify rare issues which is also undesirable.

To level the playing field (pun intended) for manufacturers and Pinsiders alike, I have been considering adding the option for product reviews to Pinside Shops. It will help establish a sense of which products are good or, uhm, not so good. It will award good customer service. It will disclose bad business ethics. And by only allowing actual customers to post reviews, you can be sure the review is legit. The system could also show when people send stuff back or if they got a refund, i.e. full transparency.

In closing, and for no particular reason other than to look cool, I'll end with a great quote from Warren Buffet: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from robin:

There's no secret here. Mirco runs a Pinside shop, and pays a commission over his sales. He gets no special treatment, and the mere fact that all these threads are allowed to exist (rather than being removed for monetary reasons) should be enough evidence that I'm always on the side of the Pinside community. I hope you realize this.
I have been asked numerous times why I allow Mirco to keep selling playfields via a Pinside shop, in light of the complaints and issues people have been posting about. The simple truth is this: the number of orders/sales Mirco gets via Pinside do not match the number of complaints I see on Pinside. Far from it. That tells me that the issues are still an anomaly and not the norm.
That's not to say there are no issues! There are plenty of documented cases here on Pinside (some posted by respected Pinsiders) that tell a different story. And especially in the customer service department, Mirco's reputation on Pinside isn't exactly immaculate.
It is my hope that by allowing constructive discussion, manufacturers can learn and improve their products and, maybe even more important, their customer service and QA. On the other hand, mob mentality can sometimes over-amplify rare issues which is also undesirable.
To level the playing field (pun intended) for manufacturers and Pinsiders alike, I have been considering adding the option for product reviews to Pinside Shops. It will help establish a sense of which products are good or, uhm, not so good. It will award good customer service. It will disclose bad business ethics. And by only allowing actual customers to post reviews, you can be sure the review is legit. The system could also show when people send stuff back or if they got a refund, i.e. full transparency.
...pIn closing, and for no particular reason other than to look cool, I'll end with a great quote from Warren Buffet: "It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently."

Pinside is english speaking centric. I know a lot of FR pinheads who are not on Pinside, because they don't speak/write english. Likewise in Germany, Spain, Italy. And given that Mirco is EU based, a lot of PF are being sold across Europe, for which it's unlikely you will see complaints here on Pinside. Also, people might post of an issue into the relevant owner thread, and not in this particular "Mirco focused complaint thread".

Also, it's not only the product quality which is being questioned, it's the response given when an issue arise which is problematic.

But to be able to move forward, having a "review" section on Pinside would help, especially if pinsiders were informed about it and could write a non biaised review (positive or negative), as long as they provide detailed information (pictures, good or bad, etc).

Works both ways, at least there will be some statistical data (if reviews are in high enough number) of whether there are really widespread issues, of if the issues are anomalies.

#1096 1 year ago

The amount of clearcoat issues with Micro is staggering, a pop over to the Quicksilver thread would show some pretty horrific pictures.

Pinsiders have posted other examples as well, there is clearly something going on related to the clearing process that Micro doesn't have a handle on. If the customer service was better, perhaps it would be less of an issue but by and large his attitude has been "it's your fault"

da8b14defdbfb188f3c5c3bd3a44996daf10c374 (resized).jpgda8b14defdbfb188f3c5c3bd3a44996daf10c374 (resized).jpge4b83f34e86bb446e4a24bd7f133da931888050b (resized).jpge4b83f34e86bb446e4a24bd7f133da931888050b (resized).jpg
#1097 1 year ago

Two days after the new playfield install on my black knight. Happening in numerous locations.

1E54C3A9-BBBA-4478-8CD9-E64EA23470D2 (resized).jpeg1E54C3A9-BBBA-4478-8CD9-E64EA23470D2 (resized).jpeg
#1098 1 year ago

Ok for those of us that have Mirco playfields that are not installed yet, I have an early Quicksilver without the black rings around the rollovers and a Nineball. I am planning to reclear with 2PAC before install, but what is the best method of prep on the playfield before reclearing?

#1099 1 year ago

I would imagine, the reason you don't see more complaints to match up with sales, is that most of the playfields sold just sit and never get installed. Many people buy with the intention of swapping and then it never happens. Those playfields still look great, because they've never had hardware installed or games played on them.

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would imagine, the reason you don't see more complaints to match up with sales, is that most of the playfields sold just sit and never get installed. Many people buy with the intention of swapping and then it never happens. Those playfields still look great, because they've never had hardware installed or games played on them.

There is a lot of truth to this across a wide gamut of parts that are problematic (ramps that fit poorly,plastics that crack upon installation,cabinet art that wears off like a scratch off lottery ticket come to mind also)but especially playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 12.95
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/22?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.