IMG_5198 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20240123_181422 (resized).jpg
pinside.13366fd7c2143e3375ce653efa167ef7e046c37c (resized).jpg
29C90993-1AAC-4BA1-854A-39A5534ABB5F_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
3C6F3380-0F77-4A53-9294-0272FCE6B6F0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
11E2D4EF-C4AB-4513-8B34-A5F6D729D5EE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 55.
#951 1 year ago

He's got a point flynn... if you didn't buy anything, why should he answer to random peanut gallery people like you?

#952 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

He's got a point flynn... if you didn't buy anything, why should he answer to random peanut gallery people like you?

Rick asked a question of how does a company restore it's reputation. To which I responded.

Mirco's statement followed shortly after - and I used it as an example of failing to do the basic things I had pointed out in my message to Rick in regards to restoring confidence in a company. It's an illustration. I am his market - and I have bought his products in the past. The discussion was how do you restore my confidence in Mirco's product - not "I have an unanswered support issue".

Do I personally need to suffer before I can acknowledge the other well documented situations? Is only the person he tried to shutdown confronting him at public seminar allowed to interpret Mirco's response? Are only the customers who have been burned by him the ones allowed to voice disgust with his handling of the situation?

This is just the typical technique of trying to shrink the audience by trying to argue 'you aren't part of this' and trying to take the conversation behind closed doors. It's a technique that only serves HIM. He's already past the point of damage control but obviously is too entrenched to see it.

My GNR with a playfield supplied by him exhibited all the usual reported flaking issues - no I didn't goto Micro for that because I know he's an OEM in that situation - yet neither he nor JJP addressed that situation satisfactorily. The pattern of issues were strong enough I am holding back buying other new Micro products. My Micro replacement PFs from before were acceptable enough to not need a customer support engagement... but I did also paid that for that PPS inspection service to minimize my risk.

TLDR - just because I haven't been burnt now doesn't make me 'peanut gallery'. I'm a buyer of their products and the addressable market.

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

TLDR - just because I haven't been burnt now doesn't make me 'peanut gallery'. I'm a buyer of their products and the addressable market.

Thanks for the TLDR because I definitely don't read all the paragraphs you write. He was asking for specific issues from customers, of which you have none because you aren't one.

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thanks for the TLDR because I definitely don't read all the paragraphs you write. He was asking for specific issues from customers, of which you have none because you aren't one.

funny.. you read Micro's 860+ word post no problem... and find the follow-on exchange interesting enough.. but can't be bothered to read the retort before (for a second time) taking a side to dismiss me. You're skew here is plainly obvious larry.

#955 1 year ago

I hope all people here on Pinside that have had problems with their playfields mail pictures as we finally have seem to gotten PPS and Mircos attention for once.

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ahh.. the classic passive aggressive ad hominem attack instead of listening to the message. Yup... your reputation is firmly intact.

Seems like it shouldn't have been too hard for him to respond with something like "people who received playfields with wrong art such as on IJ, Whirlwind, and TZ were sent corrected playfields at no additional charge" if that's how it was truly resolved.

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

funny.. you read Micro's 860+ word post no problem... and find the follow-on exchange interesting enough.. but can't be bothered to read the retort before (for a second time) taking a side to dismiss me. You're skew here is plainly obvious larry.

Mirco sold me a crummy playfield so the idea I'm biased for him is laughable, you couldn't be more wrong. That said, he was asking for feedback from customers and you're not a customer, it's that simple. You always type waaay too much and I stopped reading your books a long time ago. Have a good day.

#958 1 year ago

The number of people with defective Quicksilver playfields should give anyone pause. The clear just peeling away around the posts is horrible. There is several documented cases.

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Mirco sold me a crummy playfield so the idea I'm biased for him is laughable, you couldn't be more wrong. That said, he was asking for feedback from customers and you're not a customer, it's that simple. You always type waaay too much and I stopped reading your books a long time ago. Have a good day.

skew against ME larry - but keep on with the hate instead of reading the message. It's your flow and easy to spot.

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

skew against ME larry - but keep on with the hate instead of reading the message. It's your flow and easy to spot.

I'll happily answer your short posts, and there's definitely no hate for you, just no time for your long posts. In this particular case, my point is clear, he asked for feedback from customers, of which you are not, and you're butting in. Whatever reason you may have, I don't really care TBH. Now again, good day sir

#961 1 year ago

Micro needs to demonstrate better customer service and better quality across multiple product lines.

For me he gets out of the dog house when Jjp has no pf issues for 3-4 products and no one publicly complains about "high class playfield" issues here on pinside.

Sorry, this vendor has been screwed the customer for years. It'll take that long to recover if ever.

To me it's funny that both show when there is a threat of a lawsuit. Speaks volumes.

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

He just saw the Buthamburg thread about them moving into a bigger facility and wants to do his shtick of pretending to have some kind of insider knowledge.

Like I have said there is more playfield production being ramped up by the big players in the biz. Mirco is ramping up as he clearly states now, Buthamburg & Classic Playfield Reproductions have moved into new digs. CPR could likely ramp up more production with hiring more staff. The big manufacturers do not seem to have a problem getting playfields for the line. But seem to have a problem doing warranty claims quickly, or if at all (deniability). Some small producers still in the game, & some have been kicked in the nuts by the bigger players. A brutal job trying to make playfields which are not that easy a process!
Always here to help out those wanting my advice on playfield production. Rick still has the door open to license more production if he wants at Planetary Pinball. Hope Mirco the best with his robot production. I have never had any secrets about playfield production or restorations over the 15 years that I was a tiny player.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And the pattern continues.. as will your poor reputation because of it.

Exactly.
Basically, not a word on how to make it right for previous old customers, not a word for the lack of customer service and all the never refund or my fault aknoledge policy but... i mean, for a company this big, how come there is no real refund policy or real professional website ?

But, when we read the note, it’s more: look at how big my company is, how important all my business is, we are ready to launch new proucts, stay tune folks, you should be lucky yo have me in here with how important I am in the business.
Pathetic.

At least, this was braught to PPS attention and hopefully it will bring a new eye on the person and this business.

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi all,
I have decided to write a comment here.
Manufacturing process:
We are and will always react and improve things which cause errors and problems. These are not things which are ignored as many people here state. I take all problems serious and try to investigate the reason why things happen and resolve it. Just to give you some numbers the real issues here are really low compared to the total manufactured playfields. Out of several 10.000s of playfields we have a really low number of issues. I would never claim production errors can't happen, but we took a lot of precautions, especially in the past 3 years, to avoid any problems. The clearcoat for example is sprayed on with a robot and automatically dispensed by special pumps and mixed fresh right at the nozzle to get the exact same amount and mix for every board. This process is checked during application and documented in a file.
Beside that every playfield is pulled off and pressure tested with a digital tester. Every playfield contains a later cutted off area which is destructive tested and documented. Only test passed boards will ship.
With thousands of playfields being made in our company every year does anyone really thing that they are right and we don't care? Really?!? Of course we do and I do track what is going on.
In-process quality control is very important and we spent a lot time and money to check and improve every step. One reason I have so many robots is that they don't make human related errors and do the exact same job all the time. I have upgraded the robots a lot in the last years.
The finishing and buffing robot for example is one of them. Previously I had employees who buffed out dust spots. Now I have a robot with all necessary tools and a camera with a high end software behind to do that. The robot does fully automatically detect and remove dust which happens during clearcoating. I would post pictures or videos of the system but the process is top secret as even car manufacturers are currently interested in our system. They did not solve issues we fixed...
Long story short, we did and will always improve and continuously improve and develop. That we don't care and do nothing is simply false.
Missing or wrong art:
I do always correct and fix things which show up during sales. The ij teeth have been fixed right away as well as the missing insert text on Whirlwind and twilight zone door panel. As of right now I'm not aware of any missing text or wrong art.
New titles:
I know that here are many people waiting for specific titles to be made. The truth is that we did not have any capacity in the past few years to work on new projects. Our space and machine capacity was exceeded. As you can imagine it is not easy to raise capacity after a certain point. It took me more than 1,5 years to finish our new building which is in addition to the existing building. We have already installed a new second printer and some cnc machines to speed up. As of now we are moving slowly into a better position which means we will be able to finish the new already started projects soon. Followed by new titles.
New projects coming up:
With the new space we will set up a full automatic robot based production of pinball cabinets. The idea is to have different versions of new cabinets available in different finishes. This line will be set up during the year and I will update once we are running. At the time the cabinets are in production it will be possible to buy a new cabinet with either direct print and high end finish or any kind of currently used artwork of different titles for a fair price. So you don't have to worry about preparing a cabinet or installing decals. More info for this will follow.
The funhouse playfield posted earlier here:
If you look close at the outhole you will see that this game had tons of games played. The wood is worn off which does not happen fast or easy. This playfield is definitely made with the old process which is not as durable as the new one. Our test stations show wear like this after approx. 300.000 cycles which would be approx 15000 or more plays at least. Current process lasts more than 2.000.000 cycles and still does not show issues. This game is most likely running in a barcade or similar with lots of plays on it. This playfield was definitely sold more than 5 years ago. That was in use for just 4 weeks? - I really doubt that and the owner is welcome to contact me if so. As of today he did not.
If someone has a problem or issue please send me an email to [email protected] and I will try to help the best I can.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,
Mirco Steffen
Systemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
www.mircoplayfields.com
www.Facebook.com/mircoplayfields

So, If i spent 30 hours rebuilding a Whirlwind before noticing your error, what is my recourse? Do i need to disassemble everything and send it back, pay for shipping, wait for a new pf and then rebuild it again?

#966 1 year ago

Hi all,
I have decided to write a comment here.
Manufacturing process:
We are and will always react and improve things which cause errors and problems. These are not things which are ignored as many people here state. I take all problems serious and try to investigate the reason why things happen and resolve it. Just to give you some numbers the real issues here are really low compared to the total manufactured playfields. Out of several 10.000s of playfields we have a really low number of issues. I would never claim production errors can't happen, but we took a lot of precautions, especially in the past 3 years, to avoid any problems. The clearcoat for example is sprayed on with a robot and automatically dispensed by special pumps and mixed fresh right at the nozzle to get the exact same amount and mix for every board. This process is checked during application and documented in a file.
Beside that every playfield is pulled off and pressure tested with a digital tester. Every playfield contains a later cutted off area which is destructive tested and documented. Only test passed boards will ship.
With thousands of playfields being made in our company every year does anyone really thing that they are right and we don't care? Really?!? Of course we do and I do track what is going on.
In-process quality control is very important and we spent a lot time and money to check and improve every step. One reason I have so many robots is that they don't make human related errors and do the exact same job all the time. I have upgraded the robots a lot in the last years.
The finishing and buffing robot for example is one of them. Previously I had employees who buffed out dust spots. Now I have a robot with all necessary tools and a camera with a high end software behind to do that. The robot does fully automatically detect and remove dust which happens during clearcoating. I would post pictures or videos of the system but the process is top secret as even car manufacturers are currently interested in our system. They did not solve issues we fixed...
Long story short, we did and will always improve and continuously improve and develop. That we don't care and do nothing is simply false.
Missing or wrong art:
I do always correct and fix things which show up during sales. The ij teeth have been fixed right away as well as the missing insert text on Whirlwind and twilight zone door panel. As of right now I'm not aware of any missing text or wrong art.
New titles:
I know that here are many people waiting for specific titles to be made. The truth is that we did not have any capacity in the past few years to work on new projects. Our space and machine capacity was exceeded. As you can imagine it is not easy to raise capacity after a certain point. It took me more than 1,5 years to finish our new building which is in addition to the existing building. We have already installed a new second printer and some cnc machines to speed up. As of now we are moving slowly into a better position which means we will be able to finish the new already started projects soon. Followed by new titles.
New projects coming up:
With the new space we will set up a full automatic robot based production of pinball cabinets. The idea is to have different versions of new cabinets available in different finishes. This line will be set up during the year and I will update once we are running. At the time the cabinets are in production it will be possible to buy a new cabinet with either direct print and high end finish or any kind of currently used artwork of different titles for a fair price. So you don't have to worry about preparing a cabinet or installing decals. More info for this will follow.
The funhouse playfield posted earlier here:
If you look close at the outhole you will see that this game had tons of games played. The wood is worn off which does not happen fast or easy. This playfield is definitely made with the old process which is not as durable as the new one. Our test stations show wear like this after approx. 300.000 cycles which would be approx 15000 or more plays at least. Current process lasts more than 2.000.000 cycles and still does not show issues. This game is most likely running in a barcade or similar with lots of plays on it. This playfield was definitely sold more than 5 years ago. That was in use for just 4 weeks? - I really doubt that and the owner is welcome to contact me if so. As of today he did not.
If someone has a problem or issue please send me an email to [email protected] and I will try to help the best I can.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,
Mirco Steffen
Systemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG
www.mircoplayfields.com
www.Facebook.com/mircoplayfields

Mr Steffen, what was the feedback at your last visit to a pinball show in the USA? Did ANYONE there provide information on possible playfields adherence issues?

Something has changed as JJP complaints seem to have dropped in the last year or so regarding nib pf issues.

I appreciate the monumental efforts it takes to produce playfields for obsolete pins, I really do. I’ve purchased many products directly from you with no issues at all. That being said, the amount of issues that have been documented on this website over time reflect a pattern of pushback from you Sir on customer complaints and concerns.

Perceived reputation is as important in a hobbyist culture as much as actual issues resolved. No one here is your enemy and if you will try to understand the passion we have for our pinball culture maybe you could try harder to resolve issues one person at a time.

#967 1 year ago

Email sent

#968 1 year ago

Please let us know how you go.

#969 1 year ago

As I stated above. If you are a REAL customer who bought a repro playfield from me, you are welcome to send me an email to my email adress listed above.
Regards,
Mirco

I did... and was utterly fobbed off. Like many other scorn customers of yours, I've been happily and proactively warning potential clients ever since.

I have a couple of Micro repro's. My most recent I spent a bunch of cash correcting the clearcoat which was downright garbage. Now however, it's gorgeous. A lot of what Mirco do is absolutely fantastic, the rest makes me want to run into him in a dark alley. Pull your head out of your ass and become a pinball supplier that people love!

#970 1 year ago

I’ve had an issue with Radcals, and contacted Mirco about this.
Like many others, I got the response that he won’t help out -> ‘it is like that’.
I just gave up after that, knowing his reputation.

I’ll write to PPS about this and post pictures here later in a separate review.

There are not just a few complaints, there are hundreds if not thousands. Just not everybody posts here or reads this. Or they write directly to JJP or DP. Look at the printing errors on playfields and the recent big lebowski playfield chipping/pooling.

I think the community would be less angry if there would be more support from the manufacturers and pressure on mirco instead of denying the problem with playfield quality or defending mirco.

JJP excludes playfields from warranty (not something you would specifically state if there are no issues) and Mirco publicly stated last year at the Totan 2.0 reveal there are ‘no issues’ with playfields.

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

…and Mirco publicly stated last year at the Totan 2.0 reveal there are ‘no issues’ with playfields.

Since you mention it, Totan 2.0, which was announced like something major for him, seems to have been completely abandoned for whatever reason like standing behind a product is not part of the business with no video whatsoever, no info shared no response on the « official thread »… I ended giving up on it even though I was interested, like some others. Who want to spend 2500 dollars on a kit there is absolutely no info and taking risk with this really famous customer support. Sounds now like it was a steal from what was a really cool homebrew project, I feel bad for the dev guy.

The way this is managed doesn’t make any sense.
A lot of people I know are now investigating reusing old playfield (reprint…) and do whatever it takes to avoid issues and nightmares and stress than buying from him.

How come in 2023, we lose so much quality comparing to almost 30 years ago.

#973 1 year ago

I’ll be sending email of pictures today. I bought a funhouse PF through pinside from you. Will provide all details.

Pinside Shops order 190104200238

Here are some personal pictures - sure is amazing of all the PF produced how many examples one person has huh?

PPS your licensing right?

As I stated above. If you are a REAL customer who bought a repro playfield from me, you are welcome to send me an email to my email adress listed above.
Regards,
Mirco

EAAF0607-0157-4793-BDCD-45FCFCA7F1FC (resized).jpegEAAF0607-0157-4793-BDCD-45FCFCA7F1FC (resized).jpeg

A521F5B7-9459-4B6B-9E76-3B034F8CC957 (resized).jpegA521F5B7-9459-4B6B-9E76-3B034F8CC957 (resized).jpeg

2F142ACD-A08C-4AAE-A33D-CCB1FE883D79 (resized).jpeg2F142ACD-A08C-4AAE-A33D-CCB1FE883D79 (resized).jpeg

#974 1 year ago

Am I the only one who looks at these photos and hears “Players fault…” In the background?

#975 1 year ago

It’s an entertaining and interesting discussion with the conclusion that the manufacturers and “the market” DGAF.

The three and a half pinsiders with a grudge as hot as a thousand suns refusing to give them business won’t make a dent in JJPMirco revenue and JJPMirco made it perfectly clear that they don’t have enough pride in their product to fix their defective designs.

#976 1 year ago

Ill report back on the response - can assure you that a lot of attention was put towards the appropriate "tightness" at install. It develops over time as the game is played and I dont mean years I mean months.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

Am I the only one who looks at these photos and hears “Players fault…” In the background?

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Unfortunately playfield manufacturers don't grow on trees ... any for anyone new it takes years and many mistakes to get things decent ... and then often they are tripped up by something (ink changes, chemical changes, process changes, regulation changes, etc). These are low volume endeavors very expensive to get all the elements lined up to call it a business, which is why the options are so few ... just the nature of that business. So, prefer to work with Mirco to move him in the right direction than to shut dozens of playfields down which will not be made for years if at all ... I guess hardtops would be the solution then ...
So, I prefer to try to solve problems than destroy people's ability to have a product in the marketplace. There have been hundreds of Mirco products sold, and there are not hundreds of complaints. We have a number of them and sell them without issues. We also have the option for customer to see the playfield in detail before we ship, which I think would help in some cases.
So anyone with issues, let me know, and we will advocate for you and try to get your situation in front of the supplier and resolved as best we can.
Team PPS

I can understand your pain.

Reputations are restored through a relatively robust corrective action process. I get that some of the things are “trade secrets” and can’t be revealed publicly… but every attempt should be made for transparency. As a former quality manager I can tell you that the goal of the corrective action process is the *honestly* identify and correct the problem… not just filling the paperwork in order to get people off your back.

Also- there has to be a “pain index” for quality. I worked in sporting goods and a quality issue essentially meant just replacing the product (everyone was cool with that). I also worked with companies making critical parts for nuclear reactors (max pain index) … on those things the process had to be 100% bulletproof with multiple redundancy checks.make no mistake that level of quality has a cost.

For pinball parts… a bad plastic is in the “apologize and replace” where a 30-hr playfield swap part requires a much higher level of skill and scrutiny. Just using “robots” doesn’t necessarily provide that level of repeatability…. Do parameters change? Are the machines set up exactly the same… what about the raw materials?

If you do that… provide exceptional customer service during the occasional screw ups… and companies find that a vast majority of their customers root *for them to succeed*

#979 1 year ago

Highclasspinball I just want you to know: I have 2 games that I was thinking about restoring with new playfields of yours. Due to this overflowing cesspool of legitimate complaints + my own horrible experiences with 1 of your playfields (a Quicksilver with chipping and pooling around posts that were never overtightened), I will never again buy anything from you until we ALL see marked change. My own QS was purchased supposedly “after” you changed your clearcoat process for the “Nth” time. We see your wordplay and are past empty promises! No one expects perfection; we do however expect honesty and to be treated fairly when there’s a problem.

I know you can ignore us—for now—but is there nothing within you that ponders: “there’s some legit ppl with legit problems and I seem to be the common denominator?”

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’ll be sending email of pictures today. I bought a funhouse PF through pinside from you. Will provide all details.
Pinside Shops order 190104200238
Here are some personal pictures - sure is amazing of all the PF produced how many examples one person has huh?
PPS your licensing right?

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is heartbreaking. So sorry to see that. Please let us know how you go.

We only have one game with that and it just dissapoints me that it was not addressed. The owners fault JJP crap swore me off anything Mirco.

#981 1 year ago

I think the solution we need is more suppliers that have the license to reproduce the same playfields.

Many users post ‘Mirco is the only supplier’, so he gets away with anything if its bad and you have no choice but to order there.
If there would be more suppliers that can make the same product, the bad one will eventually vanish or the supplier will improve the quality.
I think this is good for everybody.

#982 1 year ago

Let's not forget this one....

Pinside_forum_7428726_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7428726_0 (resized).jpg
#983 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

I think the solution we need is more suppliers that have the license to reproduce the same playfields.
Many users post ‘Mirco is the only supplier’, so he gets away with anything if its bad and you have no choice but to order there.
If there would be more suppliers that can make the same product, the bad one will eventually vanish or the supplier will improve the quality.
I think this is good for everybody.

Which will cause nobody to step up ... already tried that ... the market is so small that splitting a title between multiple suppliers usually will not work as nobody wants to do all the work just to have your limited market split by someone else. It takes months to queue up any new title, usually a few months to get the artwork done, and then months to get the inserts and the milling done, and then weeks to run a small batch of playfields. Right now with the slew of new games, there is very low incentive to make repros of existing - making a new playfield does not have any comparisons to have to meet (exact artwork, exact colors, etc).

I expect the availability of repro playfields to get worse not better ... unfortunately as nobody is eager to take the risk or take the heat if they make a mistake. And pricing the playfields to cover any mistakes there doesn't seem to be room ... which is why we try to work with the ones who have gone thru the years of learning ...

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Which will cause nobody to step up ... already tried that ... the market is so small that splitting a title between multiple suppliers usually will not work as nobody wants to do all the work just to have your limited market split by someone else. It takes months to queue up any new title, usually a few months to get the artwork done, and then months to get the inserts and the milling done, and then weeks to run a small batch of playfields. Right now with the slew of new games, there is very low incentive to make repros of existing - making a new playfield does not have any comparisons to have to meet (exact artwork, exact colors, etc).
I expect the availability of repro playfields to get worse not better ... unfortunately as nobody is eager to take the risk or take the heat if they make a mistake. And pricing the playfields to cover any mistakes there doesn't seem to be room ... which is why we try to work with the ones who have gone thru the years of learning ...

What about other parts ?
Decals,aprons,plastic sets etc.
Those are hurting as bad or worse than playfields.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

And yet all the Gottlieb reproduction products are exceptional…

#986 1 year ago

You talk about not keeping a crook in business but most of you jump at JJPs shit where the ink chips off the PFs and he give out washers to put over the damage.

#987 1 year ago

No one is interested in putting out products with issues, especially with the thin margins it's not worth the issues ... that being said I'm happy to hear regarding any product issues and always work with suppliers to improve. I've already sent some input to the PF mfg's that we use on some improvements that I would like to see, and had discussions with two of them, so there is some good that I hope will come ...

Anyways, as I said general complaints are not really actionable, many suppliers, many products, many timeframes - if there are specific items, certainly let us know via our helpdesk is best ...

Team PPS

#988 1 year ago

Email sent to you PPS and Mirco per your instructions.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

No one is interested in putting out products with issues, especially with the thin margins it's not worth the issues ... that being said I'm happy to hear regarding any product issues and always work with suppliers to improve. I've already sent some input to the PF mfg's that we use on some improvements that I would like to see, and had discussions with two of them, so there is some good that I hope will come ...
Anyways, as I said general complaints are not really actionable, many suppliers, many products, many timeframes - if there are specific items, certainly let us know via our helpdesk is best ...
Team PPS

I know that no one wants to do anything poorly but there are lots of poor results with these parts for some reason. It’s a wide spectrum of parts that are increasingly of low standards.
I would gladly make real time videos of these products ,what’s wrong with them and where they fall short if it would be more helpful to highlight how bad things are right now. All in comparison to originals to be upfront and fair.
To me licensed suggest at or close to OEM standard. These are so far from it’s almost actionable or at the very least extremely deceptive.
This isn’t an attack on you Rick it is a wake up call in case you are unaware.
It’s hard to police everything I just want decent parts and to have faith in those gold stickers.

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

4B1D3DB6-F853-49C7-82A6-55784DEBF97D (resized).jpeg4B1D3DB6-F853-49C7-82A6-55784DEBF97D (resized).jpeg
#991 1 year ago

You can blame it on Mircoall day long and yes it is 100% his fault because his process is flowed somewhere. The ink doesn’t adhere to the wood and chips off. But if JJP would step up and stop accepting the flawed PFs it would stop I’m guessing a large % of Mirco’s work goes to JJP. It just shows that neither of them give a shot about their product or their customers let their shit rot in the warehouse and they might change their tactics

#992 1 year ago

Got a response. Was told to order washers. Was told he was out of them otherwise would send to me. Wasn’t worth the time I took to take more pictures and write the email.

Quoted from djsolzs:

Email sent to you PPS and Mirco per your instructions.

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Got a response. Was told to order washers. Was told he was out of them otherwise would send to me. Wasn’t worth the time I took to take more pictures and write the email.

Wow just wow this is NOT a right fix and Rick says too email him but what's the point it's like emailing Mirco u get NO where ,we all here spend the money and get grap so I feel we should all stop buying and restore your old one your way better off at the end of the day

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

You mean he just sent that to you recently or this was an old email?

#995 1 year ago

LOL.......get new washers

#996 1 year ago

Speaking of washers, shouldn't it be a giant red flag for Rick that a mass produced game with Mirco playfields REQUIRED washers to keep the ink from lifting? But nah, problems are only one off sporadic things that happen only once in a while. I'm telling you guys, this ain't gonna go anywhere and nothing is going to change

#997 1 year ago

Sent last night got the response today. At least I got a response. Asked me if I needed help ordering the washers. Rick is copied on it as well.

Quoted from radium:

You mean he just sent that to you recently or this was an old email?

#998 1 year ago

Lessons to be learned here- but Mirco- before installing a playfield get it re-cleared or a protector on it.

A good clearcoat job is expensive- often more than the playfield is to buy.

Let playfield cure- I have fair share of Mirco Playfields
TBL- had 4 years to cure- so it’s all good
D.I LE- perfect nothing wrong with it.
Wonka CE - nothing wrong with it, low play tho
GNR - swapped posts out for B/W ones - slight pooling after a few 1000 plays

AFM playfield - I have had a couple- first was in a refurb 9yrs ago- cracking clear almost straight away

AFM playfield bought with a game- on unwrapping the inserts all fuzzy- only way to get this playfield replaced was by striking a deal to buy another AFM playfield at the same time.

AFM playfield under my bed for 3yrs and looks amazing! But not installed yet.

Very hit & miss, but when you get a good one_ looks amazing

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Not citing Mirco here specifically because I see this issue with other playfields as well.
Washers were never a big part of ground floor playfield assembly.
Originally they would only be used under certain ball guide spade post to keep the guide from digging into the actual wood when tightened.
Having to install them to basically pad and or shim every part from actually touching the playfield is not a rational nor reasonable solution.
It adds countless steps and time to playfield assembly that is not factored into what is already a tedious process.
In my opinion and experience adding washers to everything is only camouflaging or trying to avoid the issue not solving it.
We should be able to place post on playfields tighten them down without worry or concern just as we had been able to for several decades prior to.
If we cannot. Why not?
Are we being sold useable parts or just pretty pictures?
I spoke at length with Rick today at PPS.
He is definitely interested in addressing reasonable concerns.

#1000 1 year ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Valley, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

13,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 180.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
There are 2,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/20?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.